Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Sergio Aguero is going to Barcelona!
JoeBiden 3 years ago
USA 6 60

Barcelona have 'agreement in place' to sign Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero on a free transfer - with new president Joan Laporta 'very close' to getting a deal for the Argentine over the line

Barcelona have an 'agreement in place' to sign Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero on a free transfer, with a deal understood to be 'very close'.

New Barcelona president Joan Laporta has agreed to sanction a two-year contract for the 32-year-old, lasting until June 2023.

Argentine striker Aguero's contract at the Etihad expires this summer, meaning clubs outside Spain could start contract negotiations from back in January for a move that would not involve a transfer fee.

Aguero's agent Hernan Reguera had offered the 97-cap international to the three presidential candidates Laporta, Victor Font and Toni Freixa, with his words evidently striking a chord with lawyer Laporta.

Comments
quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Mirror is probably the worst tier newspaper coming to transfers.

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

It's real talk, laporta is trying to keep Messi in... That could be a good strategy...

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

This is top class comedy. If they are serious, they should sign a few of the retired barca players who are still in good shape. Aguero has been past his best for a long time, he's in retirement mode.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

@Footy I dunno mate, he's playing a lot less but whenever I saw him play recently, I felt he's been performing pretty well. I think its less a case of him being past his best and Pep getting ready for life without him.

@tiki Agreed, especially if they manage to get him for cheap. I honestly don't see this as much of a downgrade from Suarez tbh.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Allows City to offload him with no drama, Barca to grab a true striker, one once fit again will help. Icing is that it helps keep Messi.

We will see what happens....

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

He is free agent this summer, he is coming for free.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

City will get Haaland and will be even more deadly upfront, Aguero may help Messi stay in Barcelona but it will be another Barcelona transfer which won't help them at all, Aguero wages will be surely as high as Griezmann.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

@tiki Of course, but I was more thinking of the wage when I said that. If its the same kind of wage that Suarez had before, not sure its such a good move.

@quikzyyy Lets not get crazy, Haaland to City isn't done already, if it happen, PL will propably get a lot more unbalanced. :(

As for Aguero, whether or not he is helpful or not for Barca will depend on a lots of different things. I mean, Suarez is doing well at Atletico, I honestly think it was how the coach used him that made him look worse than he actually was. That or it was a question of motivation.

SunFlash 3 years ago
USA 19 3260

Idk if you guys have watched Premier League but Aguero's barely played and when he has he hasn't been good. I assumed he'd be heading back to Argentina, that's the level of what he's been doing. Cannot imagine him improving Barca.

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Sunflash Fair enough, though I would argue that lack of game time might have hurt his rythm a lot. Honestly, you and quikzyyy might be right but I still think if Barca can get him on low wage, it could be an interesting experience.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Sunflash Fair enough, though I would argue that lack of game time have hurt his rythm a lot. Honestly, you and quikzyyy might be right but I still think if Barca can get him on low wage, it could be an interesting experience.

gamblingroom 3 years ago
Manchester United, England 0 1

free agent...