Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Say it ain't so Wenger... say it ain't so
Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

"Turkish giants Besiktas announced Friday they had signed Arsenal youngster Oguzhan Ozyakup on a four-year contract.

The Istanbul-based team said in a statement posted on their website
that they will pay 500,000 euros ($625,000) to Arsenal for the player.

Ozyakup, who was born in the Netherlands, captained the Dutch to the final of the 2009 Under-17 European Championship.

He made only two first-team appearances for the Gunners."

-Yahoo

I am absolutely gutted about this. This 19 year old was one of our 2 best academy players. I really pegged him to break into the 1st team next. If you watched the reserve games, you'd know that he was usually the best player on the pitch. He modeled his game after Cesc and is a technically gifted attacking midfielder. He was very highly thought of by all the coaching staff and even RVP sang his praises... which is why I cannot believe Wenger wanted him to go. It's rumoured that he was impatient for a starting place and if that is true than I wish him well. Still, this kid could've been a huge Gunner.  Sad day for me...

Comments
koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

I feared this. Ozyakup is one of the most promising players and now this. Shit! 

The_Iraqi_Maestro 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 9 192

Wenger should try more talented young players such as Miyaichi.. he never let him play. And i really thing Wenger should sell Ramsey this guy is terrible when he is on the pitch!!

quikzyyy 12 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

the question i if it is true or just another fake..

Gojira 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 12 122

Is it confirmed?

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Yes, by all accounts Besiktas have confirmed it themselves. BTW, we get a 20% cut if/when he gets sold on. Little comfort to me.

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

this is bad .... i mean u grow they reap .... thats unfair 

ps : madrid also does the same .. last home grown we had was cassilas :( :( 

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

He is in a stage of learning, he will be bored playing in Turkey. Playing in England is a great opportunity to make your football great.