Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Saudi League
_Pelle_ 9 months ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6888

Saudi league seems determined to buy as many stars as possible… and the pricetags are insane.

Is this going to make the league more interesting?

I think it’s just sad and something has to be done. Some kind of limits has to be put on how much money a league and teams can spend. I don’t know if FIFA has that kind of power.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Saudi league seems determined to buy as many stars as possible… and the pricetags are insane.

Is this going to make the league more interesting?

I think it’s just sad and something has to be done. Some kind of limits had to be put on how mich money a league and teams can spend. I don’t know if FIFA has that kind of power.

Comments
DarthFooty 9 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1100

FFP is not in "play" clearly, so it remains to be seen if FIFA or UEFA step in at some point.

Does it make the league more interesting? I would say yes, but more in a sideshow-type aspect and not something considered as serious global league. If major players do go and they build on top of them, well that changes things down the road, but it will take time to transform, plus endorsements, TV rights, and everything the big 5 leagues benefit from today will need to extend to the Saudi League. I just don't see that happening so soon.

It's like Messi in the MLS. It will have an impact on that league for sure, and yes, more ticket sales, more jersey sales, and more exposure to a larger audience, but it won't make the league more relevant or competitive when compared to one of the bigger leagues. Not yet anyway. Who is to say that more players don't come over after seeing Messi's success?

Money does talk, so we will see if this just opens up some major doors.

quikzyyy 9 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

doubt that, literally no one cares about Saudi league even with Ronaldo, would rather watch relegation battle of serie A than that.

grocksica 9 months ago
Australia 0 1

I don't care about this until they bring good results in the match.

Footy_watch 9 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1861

literally no one cares about Saudi league even with Ronaldo

Couldn't be more wrong. Many people are interested in it due to Cr7.

I dont know why you want a limit to be put on their spending. This is how a lower quality league becomes better in a short time. I want there to be other leagues as good as the premier league.

Saudi league are recruiting for their lower divisions from all around the world so they are serious at making the league better.

quikzyyy 9 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

they don't even give a fuck about football yet about making the league better mate, lol.

_Pelle_ 9 months ago

I see a lot of CR7 and Messi fans talking about MLS and Saudi league. And they got quite many fans.

But beyond that I am really doubtful. I am not a fan of either player so I don’t actively follow their leagues. But I do think it’s sometimes read about what they’re up to.

Footy_watch 9 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1861

It's funny how you mention it's sad when PSG are like the Saudi league. European clubs have been stealing talent from outside Europe and now they are getting a taste of their own medicine and they don't like it.

May the Saudi league continue to take the talent from European football!

_Pelle_ 9 months ago Edited

In fact I think it’s hypocricy. I see Ligue 1 every year being ripped of its talent by mainly EPL and then being called a farmers league.

Money talks whether we like it or not. That is sad imo… doesn’t matter who splashes the cash.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

In fact I think it’s hypocricy. I see Ligue 1 every year being ripped of its talent by mainly EPL and the being called a farmers league.

Money talks whether we like it or hate it. That is sad imo… doesn’t matter who splashes the cash.