Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Sarri sacked after the game against Lyon
Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

So, after Juventus was eliminated from the Champion League, Sarri was sacked from his position as manager. That come suddenly for me, guessing the board already decided that he was playing his place with the CL.

Feel like that a bit harsh, I know that for Juventus, only winning the league by 1 point isn't a very good season but he still won it for them at least even though he failed to get any other trophy. What do you guys think?

Comments
Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Holy moly that escalated quickly. Shortly after confirming Sarri sack, Juventus now announce Andrea Pirlo as their new manager, this is some crazy stuff happening real quick. What are you guys thinking?

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

He was on very thin ice before the match, and I had read they were ready to pull the trigger on the sack. Did not know that Pirlo would be stepping in though, so that is surprising.

iHEARTfootball 4 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I mean, if you have names like Ronaldo (especially him), De Ligt, Costa, Dybala, etc, in your squad, you'd expect to be dominating your league, and crushing teams like Lille to proceed further in the CL. Scraping the league just isn't good enough for a club who's invested so much in the last few transfers. Am surprised by the Pirlo appointment too. Let's see how he goes but I honestly can't see anyone who can handle a monster like Juve other than Conte himself, who's already giving his service to Inter.

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

Wasn't surprised to see Sarri binned. Was very surprised to see Pirlo.

I guess I don't understand why you front-load and go all in on a UCL and then appoint a manager with no experience at all. If you want to do a rebuild, do a rebuild. Can't imagine how Ronaldo/Buffon/Chellini/etc of the "I'm going to retire soon" guard feel about that appointment.

ArgjentD 4 years ago
Juventus, Kosovo 6 155

Lmao, instead of getting an experienced manager they announce motherphuckin` Pirlo as their new manager. What a joke. Let's just hope that they will bring some great players in Juventus, starting by 1 striker and at least 2 middlefielders, otherwise we will finish next season without any trophy and far away from winning UCL. AND, this is probably the last season for CR7 so...

ramaboy10 4 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^ Why would this be the last season for CR7?

ArgjentD 4 years ago
Juventus, Kosovo 6 155

He's moving to MLS^

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Well, I imagine that at least the player who played with Pirlo are happy about it, they already know him and appreciate him. As long as the majority of the team get behind the manager, it help a lot. As for the situation, on the pitch, no doubt Juve will need to have a lot of individual performance to stay competitive because I don't think that Pirlo will be able to bring much tactitcally at first.

Ledley 4 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Full Credit to Lyonnais

Emobot7 4 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Ledley Lol, obviously not, but since its happened directly afterward that game... I think they deserve a tiny bit of credit. XD

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Ledley Lol, obviously not, but since its happened directly afterward that game... I think they deserve a bit of credit. XD

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Ronaldo ain't going to MLS lol

ArgjentD 4 years ago
Juventus, Kosovo 6 155

What makes u think that, quikzyyy?!

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@ArgjentD Real question here is why do you think he is going? Considering his form, he could stay for a long time in europe.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Ronaldo basically said himself that he wanna finish on top level..

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Ronaldo is good enough to play in top flight for another 2 years at least. Just watch his games where he cleverly positions himself to compensate his loss of pace, his ability to create scoring opportunities as well as create dangerous attack hasn’t diminished and his scoring abilities are still exceptional.
Man has scored all Juventus knockout round goals in CL. He thrives on this competition.

Shame that Sarri couldn’t deliver on what look like a very promising season. Ronaldo can still walk into starting line up of any top club. I always wondered if he would burn his muscles as he ages but he adapted, changed his training routine and position to suite his other strong qualities.

Players and coaches will be studying Ronaldo as exemplary player on how to continue to perform without sign of aging.

Juventus players have really let him down.

ArgjentD 4 years ago
Juventus, Kosovo 6 155

Quique Setién needs to do the same thing tonight 😂

_Pelle_ 4 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

Expected

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Well, at least Sarri won the second legs against Lyon. Pretty sure Barca could have been given as many legs as they would have liked, they still wouldn't have beaten that Bayern team.

But to be honest, it was pretty obvious the only way Setien could have saved his job would have been to go all the way. It was alway unlikely with Bayern against them though. :S

Footy_watch 4 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Sarri and whoever appointed him robbed ronaldo of champions league glory. It was obvious to me earlier in the season that Sarri was the wrong man but they allowed him to stay and suffer an embarrassing knockout to a weaker team from a weaker league. June couldve made a good run in the champions league with the right manager

Sarri and whoever appointed him robbed ronaldo of champions league glory. It was obvious to me earlier in the season that Sarri was the wrong man but they allowed him to stay and suffer an embarrassing knockout to a weaker team from a weaker league. Juve couldve made a good run in the champions league with the right manager