Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Santi Cazorla, finally a done deal!
Comments
This comment is disliked by many users (show)
The_Iraqi_Maestro 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 9 192

mehh... RIP arsenal... have fun with cazorla maybe u will win a throphy by then xD

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

T_I_M maybe u'll egt a job meh

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Get Sahin in and maybe RVP will stay. Then we'll get some much needed depth in our squad.

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@kolidmere just 1 more good mid and maybe a better experienced defender and arsneal will have a really chance of a winning the league i think!

GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

Yeeeeeeeees i didn't sleep awainting for the official announcement! I have to say that Arsenal are the worst secret keepers hahaha, Podolski, Giroud and now Cazorla, i am really excited about this new season.

Iraqaresuicidebomber 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 0 2

Please excuse my inbred son iraqi maestro he comes from a family of proud suicide bombers

ikoiko 12 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

I saw photos of a recent training session on Arsenal's website, and RvP was taking part. Hopefully he stays. This has been Arsenal's brightest transfer window in quite a bit...

Jeffrey_Hazard 12 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

Good signing by Arsenal,hopefully RVP stays

MischaCollins 12 years ago
Manchester City, Japan 4 138

Good managers always learn from their lessons and Wenger has learnt his. 

And to the account (@suicidebomber) that's not done bro. I agree @iraqimaestro is the lowest form of life here but that account doesn't make you any better than he is :/ 

Iraqaresuicidebomber 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 0 2

london olympics is going to be the BOMB tonight

as for my beautiful son iraqi it is time to stop hiding in the closet and come out as gay. us the family know of your se.xual fetish on arsenal you do not need to be ashamed

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

^^ I know you're trying to be funny and all, and I know T_I_M is hated with passion in this site, but you're account name isn't funny....it's ironically down-to-earth offensive.

SuperRobinVanPersie 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 11 196

If RVP stays and we get Nuri Sahin that would be great, and will be looking forward to this season! But we can ever create a thread on here without people causing trouble.. @suicidebomber Yes T_I_M is a nasty peace of work, but you don't want to stoop to his level.. And your name is also very offensive! :/

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

@SuperRVP >> I will repeat myself here : I always wanted Nuri Sahin to go to Arsenal with a Buy Back Clause ..... so that when Alonso retires we have a permanent replacement for him and Arsenal also benefits in the deal for 3-4 years atleast. Whats your say ??

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@naman: I wouldn't mind that so long as the selling price was proportionally lowered in light of the buy back clause.
Anyway, it's been widely reported that all 3 sides want the loan to happen but it is taking a bit longer to finalize because their are a few complications:
#1 - The Transfer Fee. RM are rumoured to be asking for a pretty significant loan fee but this is a minor issue that I think will be easily negotiated.
#2 - The crux of the issue is that the 2 managers want different things.
It is well documented that Wenger is a fan of Sahin as he was scouting him back while he was still at Dortmund. He is the typical kind of player that Wenger likes: young, good on his feet, intelligent attacking vision, and great distribution. It's no surprise that:
IDEALLY Wenger really wants a loan + the option to buy at the end of the year.
IDEALLY Mourinho wants to loan him out, get some money of the wage bills, get him fit and firing on full cylinders,
and have him back at the start of next season. He has made it clear that he doesn't want to sell him outright and that he would like to keep him on the books for the future.
I'm not sure how keen Wenger would be to get a player he covets just to see him leave right again. That's not usually his M.O.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

SO, I think this difference is the main sticking point. Just how strongly
Mourinho feels about keeping him is anyone's guess. It is entirely
plausible that he would prefer to keep him as quality back up but
wouldn't lose too much sleep if he were sold for the right price. Also,
it is unknown how long Mourinho himself will remain at the club. I would
suggest that if he wins the UCL, he would leave within 1-2 years max.

Moreover, the player himself is very likely to want to still prove
himself at RM. No player wants to have a "what could've been" type of
doubt after hanging up their boots. However, if he has trouble becoming a
starter in such a stacked team would he be willing to wait, and for how
long? What if, like most players, he really enjoys his time at Arsenal
and decides, "what the heck? I think I'll just stay".

So, from what I'm hearing both clubs are trying to reach a compromise.
Arsenal might agree to your idea of having a buy back clause put in. RM
might reject any out-right purchase but offer first choice to Arsenal
should he be sold in the future. And so you see the permutations.

Personally, I don't care if it's only for 1 year. If he can help us to success it'll definitely be worth it.

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

The Special One and Le' Professor aren't really mutual friends as far as I know. Hopefully that doesn't come in between the negotiations. This deal really benefits everyone (as summarised by Naman).

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

@footaholic : I agree that if the buy back clause is mentioned in the deal , the transfer fees must be kept significantly low. And as you said neither Mourinho would want to give the player nor Wenger wants to see a player he furnishes to leave him again due to a buy back. So the question is that if the deal is finalised who will dominate the terms.

Mourinho's contract extends till 2016 and if Sahin is loaned/sold for say 2 years then the chances of his return and replace aging Alonso are still good as Mou has 4 years to serve the club till '16.

*example* The same case as was with Carvalaho. As he aged, slowly Ramos was shifted to CB to fill the shoes and Varane is being considered to permanently fill the RB Position.

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

Congratz Arsenal for having a very good player. Cazorla is amazing i never knew he was going to an english club.