Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Russia is banned, all national world sport events till 16/12/2022
tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

:(

That's ashamed and a huge blow for such a nation.

Updated 1:00 PM ET: Russia has been banned from fielding a national team in the next two Olympics and any world championship sporting event for the next two years, a decision that reduces the length of Russia's suspension issued by the World Anti-Doping Agency last year. Individual Russian athletes who compete will not be allowed to use their nation's flag and anthem.

So, the CAS has actually reduced 2 years from the original conviction from WADA (World anti-doping agency), but still super heavy, that means Russia will miss: 2 Olympics Tokyo (including Paralympic), Winter Olympic Beijing, AND WORLDCUP 2022...

Huge blow for who loves Russia :(, or their fans... I still don't get why they started with all those stupid things anyway.

What do you think?

Comments
tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I personally felt very sad about this :(

Greatone 3 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

why do we feel sad? they have had warning after warning. For the players yeah, but for the country? no. The athletes can still compete.

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Quite frankly, yeah it's a shock for olympics; but for World Cup, it's a saving grace. They are so shit in football. The quarter final thing was pure luck, easy group stage ( Egypt, Saudi) and park the bus against useless Spaniards. Attack is nonexistent

ramaboy10 3 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Why are you sad? Have you not seen the documentary ICARUS?

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Definetly Russia fault for not heeding the warning but still sad for Russian fan and people who love their national team. Personally, I agree their team isn't so good but honestly, there is reason to be positive about the new generation starting to come out from Russia. We got players like Akhmetov, Golovin and the Miranchuk brothers, among other i propably don't know. XD

Anyway, its sad for their NT and fan but still deserved punishement.

SunFlash 3 years ago
USA 19 3260

why do we feel sad? they have had warning after warning. For the players yeah, but for the country? no. The athletes can still compete.

Agreed. They'd been getting off lightly forever and arguably still are.

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

What an irrelevant thread lol, Russia are garbage

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

@Footy

Good point, useless garbage team since end of Euro 2008. Convince me otherwise