Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Rosell faces charges in Brazil
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130312/barcelona-president-sandro-rosell-fraud.ap/?eref=si_soccer&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fsi_soccer+%28SI.com+-+Soccer%29

SAO PAULO (AP) -- Barcelona President Sandro Rosell has been accused in Brazil of illegally benefiting from a friendly organized by his marketing company in 2008.

Prosecutors say the Ailanto sports marketing company he owns was hired to organize the Brazil vs. Portugal friendly without a proper bidding process. They also say a false document was used to give the company the contract for the match.

Prosecutors say Ailanto received $4 million to organize the match in Brasilia, the nation's capital.

Rosell, Barcelona's president since July 2010, could face up to eight years in prison in Brazil if he is charged and found guilty.

Local media says Rosell's lawyer in Brazil has dismissed the accusations and called them "irresponsible.''

Read More: <http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130312/barcelona-president-sandro-rosell-fraud.ap/#ixzz2NLmFiK5o>

This is, after all, the guy who handed the Qatar Foundation the keys to Barcelona's sponsorship. Bring back Laporta, cules

Comments
Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I believe that there was controversy with what Qatar Foundation were doing with their money as well, with shrouded controversy surrounding a local terrorist group. I remember reading that Barcelona have sent a representative to Qatar to discuss the matter. Rosell hasn't been the smartest of presidents in Barcelona's history. :P

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I meant that there was controversy surrounding the fact that QF were using their money to FUND a local terrorist group that terrorizes Qatar's cities.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

It's just $ these days!