Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Rooney or Kane?
iHEARTfootball 2 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Looks like the England Captain will soon break the all-time scoring record. A very big achievement, considering that Rooney broke a 45 year record, just short of 6 years ago.

I've encountered numerous TalkSport discussions about whether they prefer Kane over Rooney, or the other way around. Let's hear what we all think here. In today's game, would you pick Wayne or Harry?

For me, not being bias or anything, but Rooney. I don't even see this as a competition.

Comments
quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Not even close, I'd take Rooney before Kane any day.

SunFlash 2 years ago
USA 19 3260

Do I prefer Rooney or Kane as a player? Rooney, and it's not even remotely close.

Do I prefer Rooney or Kane as a player for England? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kane.

expertfootball11 2 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Rooney all day. But yes Kane did much more for the English national team

Footy_watch 2 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Players of the past are better, the game has become worse. Young messi and young cr7 are their best versions etc.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Players of the past were better, the game has become worse. Young messi and young cr7 were their best versions etc.

ashwin1729 2 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Rooney. Not even gonna think twice. Does not matter for Club or Country. Rooney played in a very divided English team. This England team may be less talented, but they are more cohesive.

Lodatz 2 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Kane.

Rooney has been a top-class striker for Manchester United, and deserves every accolade he achieved. But he also had the fortune of playing for England's powerhouse club, under probably the greatest manager of all time. He was a major part of their success and deserves to be hailed as a great of his generation, but I can't discount the benefit he gained from those circumstances when weighing the two against one another.

Kane, by contrast, emerged within a club who were attempting to break into the Top 4, with a fraction of the resources that most of their rivals for those slots has. He became comfortably the best striker in the league, winning 2 Golden Boots on the trot, only to finally be rivaled by Salah, and maintaining form through 4 more years to score 17+ league goals for 7 years in a row, most recently winning a 3rd Golden Boot last season and also offering the most assists.

For comparison, Rooney only managed 17+ goals twice in his entire 13 years at Manchester United. He was a magnificent forward in a magnificent team, but his numbers just don't come close despite such an obvious advantage.

Similarly, on the international stage Rooney has excelled in qualifiers and friendlies, racking up 53 goals in 120 apps, but famously a no-show at World Cups or Euros. He only scored 3 tournament goals in the 12 years after his 2004 breakout, in an England team much more star-studded than the one Kane plays in. That team, despite Rooney's talents, never progressing past a Quarter Final.

Kane, on the other hand, has likewise excelled in qualifiers, racking up 48 in 67 apps, but crucially scoring 10 goals in the 2 tournaments in which he was the focal point for the attack (Euro 2016 he played a second fiddle to Rooney himself, as England slumped out to Iceland). Once given the focus his talent deserved, Kane led England to not only a Semi Final in the 2018 World Cup but also a Final in Euro 2020.

Put simply, Kane is the better striker, and stands out as a world class CF playing for a club that is still trying to secure their place at the elite table, and for a nation that many ignorant commentators constantly write off as 'overrated'.

Rooney was a top class forward, perhaps even world class, but he also had benefits to pad his honors list. Kane has surpassed him with none of these advantages.

Kane is the one you want to lead your front line, if you have to choose between them.

• History

Kane.

Rooney has been a top-class striker for Manchester United, and deserves every accolade he achieved. But he also had the fortune of playing for England's powerhouse club, under probably the greatest manager of all time. He was a major part of their success and deserves to be hailed as a great of his generation, but I can't discount the benefit he gained from those circumstances when weighing the two against one another.

Kane, by contrast, emerged within a club who were attempting to break into the Top 4, with a fraction of the resources that most of their rivals for those slots has. He became comfortably the best striker in the league, winning 2 Golden Boots on the trot, only to finally be rivaled by Salah, and maintaining form through 4 more years to score 17+ league goals for 7 years in a row, most recently winning a 3rd Golden Boot last season and also offering the most assists.

For comparison, Rooney only managed 17+ goals twice in his entire 13 years at Manchester United. He was a magnificent forward in a magnificent team, but his numbers just don't come close despite such an obvious advantage.

Similarly, on the international stage Rooney has excelled in qualifiers and friendlies, racking up 53 goals in 120 apps, but famously a no-show at World Cups or Euros. He only scored 3 tournament goals in the 12 years after his 2004 breakout, in an England team much more star-studded than the one Kane plays in. That team, despite Rooney's talents, never progressing past a Quarter Final.

Kane, on the other hand, has likewise excelled in qualifiers, racking up 48 in 67 apps, but crucially scoring 9 goals in the 2 tournaments in which he was the focal point for the attack (Euro 2016 he played a second fiddle to Rooney himself, as England slumped out to Iceland). Once given the focus his talent deserved, Kane led England to not only a Semi Final in the 2018 World Cup but also a Final in Euro 2020).

Put simply, Kane is the better striker, and stands out as a world class CF playing for a club that is still trying to secure their place at the elite table, and for a nation that many ignorant commentators constantly write off as 'overrated'.

Rooney was a top class forward, perhaps even world class, but he also had benefits to pad his honors list. Kane has surpassed him with none of these advantages.

Kane is the one you want to lead your front line, if you have to choose between them.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Once given the focus his talent deserved, Kane led England to not only a Semi Final in the 2018 World Cup but also a Final in Euro 2020

How exactly he led Euro 2020? He didn't score in group stage, scored once against Germany who were desperately pushing for equalizer, 2 against Ukraine and then rebound from a non existent penalty and went missing in the rest of the games?

Lodatz 2 years ago Edited

How exactly he led Euro 2020? He didn't score in group stage, scored once against Germany who were desperately pushing for equalizer, 2 against Ukraine and then rebound from a non existent penalty and went missing in the rest of the games?

Being captain kinda means leading, by definition, and apparently scoring against Germany and picking up 2 goals in a QF plus the literal winner in a SF don't matter anymore? He scored in every single knockout round except the final.

He didn't 'go missing' at all. He led the team to a final, in which Southgate made them play defensively after an early lead. For all his talents, and supporting cast, Rooney never did anything like that.

• History

Being captain kinda means leading, by definition, and apparently scoring against Germany and picking up 2 goals in a QF plus the literal winner in a SF don't matter anymore?

He didn't 'go missing' at all. He led the team to a final, in which Southgate made them play defensively after an early lead.

Being captain kinda means leading, by definition, and apparently scoring against Germany and picking up 2 goals in a QF plus the literal winner in a SF don't matter anymore? He scored in every single knockout round except the final.

He didn't 'go missing' at all. He led the team to a final, in which Southgate made them play defensively after an early lead.

Lodatz 6 months ago

Still standing by my boy Kane.

Emobot7 6 months ago
538 11432

Hey Lodatz, have you been following Kane a bit in Bayern? How is he doing? Look to me he is scoring goals as expected but is he influencing Bayern games much?

ashwin1729 6 months ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

With the way they're playing, I'd be surprised if United make it to top 4. Kane in Bayern is amazing. Rooney should have gone to Bundesliga or LaLiga.

Lodatz 6 months ago Edited

@emo: I have been following Kane for sure.

12 goals and 5 assists from 9 league games. Those are honestly Messi and Ronaldo numbers but will he get credit?

Doubt it. He's too English for that.

But I hope he wins a treble this season. He deserves it.

• History

@emo: I have been following Kand for sure.

12 goals and 5 assists from 9 league games. Those are honestly Messi and Ronaldo numbers but will he get credit?

Doubt it. He's too English for that.

But I hope he wins a treble this season. He deserves it.

Emobot7 6 months ago
538 11432

@Lodatz Well for sure, those are amazing number but I guess people will argue its similar to what Lewandoski would have done back in his prime or that its easier because he is in a dominating team. Honestly, I still think its amazing to pull off those number considering he propably still haven't completed his adaption of the Bundesliga. I'm sure people will come around if Bayern manage to go far in the CL and Kane manage to influence his team results in Europe.

Honestly, it might be less against Kane and him being English and more be about people just not caring about the Bundesliga. I mean, Serhou Guirassy who has scored more goal than Kane already this season (pretty sure Kane chance of overtaking him before the season end are very high though), has not been hyped very much despite his amazing beggining to the season.

Footy_watch 6 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

I voted Rooney before but I change my mind. I prefer Kane

Fred2515 5 months ago
Dynamo Kyiv, Ukraine 0 3

Rooney!!!

JohnRussell 5 months ago Edited
0 3

Of course Wayne Rooney without any doubt. For speeches that resonate, https://www.topessaywriting.org/write-my-speech Write My Speech section is my secret weapon. Transforming ideas into impactful words, this platform ensures that every speech is a memorable experience. With their expertise, public speaking becomes an art.

• History

Of course Wayne Rooney without any doubt.

Midnighteagle 4 months ago
Arsenal, England 0 10

Wayne Rooney was cooler than Kane in his youth, he scored more goals and won the Champions League