Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ronaldo's reaction to Lewandowski winning Fifa The Best Award
Lacoste 3 years ago
Liverpool, England 32 563

Cristiano Ronaldo’s Reaction To Lewandowski Winning FIFA Award Leaves Fans In Splits

Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to be irked over Robert Lewandowski winning the FIFA Best Men's Player award and it left fans on social media in splits.

The video call with Ronaldo appeared to show the Portuguese star looking far from engaged, either bordering on an eye roll at one point or looking at a monitor high above him. While Messi still looked relatively happy despite losing, Ronaldo's reaction said it all and was the latest instance of him fuming over not winning a top individual prize.

On Twitter, one wrote, "LOL. Ronaldo is such a sore loser. At least Messi was smiling in defeat" while another added, "Look at that reaction from Ronaldo, clearly unhappy at not winning. It's annoying but also describes his personality."

Comments
DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

Watching from the clip, it seems like all players knew the winner beforehand. Ronaldo was pretty "unmotivated" before the award was presented.

Still, even players with a crazy drive to be the best need to have some humility. Sadly, some of the best players out there are not the greatest people out there. Not saying he is a terrible person, I don't know him personally, but if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.......

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Ronaldo has alway been like that, if he is part of a competition or can possibly get an award and he doesn't win, then he will be obviously dissapointed. He just doesn't hide it. Personally, I don't really hate that about him but it does make him look like a sore loser at time. For me, he is simply a guy very passionate about winning.

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

He wanted to win like every single year, love real people doesn't have to act like they are happy while they aren't. Fair play to both to attend the show.

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

I

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I dont see any issue about being a sore loser,in fact I see it as a trait of a winner and a good thing. People who think its a bad thing are happy with mediocrity

I dont see any issue about being a sore loser, in fact I see it as a trait of a winner and a good thing. People who think its a bad thing are happy with mediocrity

Marcus2011 3 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Ronaldo is real. Yes, we like people who are happy for other people, but let's be honest who likes to loose? I don't. No one who is winner at heart does! Ronaldo is ultimate winner and he is genuine with his emotions. Simple.

That face you see is already planning how to make sure next year he will win it. I wish i had 25% Ronaldo's focus, discipline and determination.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Ronaldo is ultimate winner and he is genuine with his emotions. Simple.

this

DarthFooty 3 years ago

So, I am the only one who thinks he could show some class and at least fake a smile or clap for Lewa? Any athletic pushing themselves to be the best, play at the highest level ALL have the will to be a winner, the drive to succeed. Do most still shake hands after a losing match? Does that make them less than players who walk off sulking?

And before you say, "he is only being genuine" and shouldn't fake anything, you can still have class and show it when you don't win something.

The guy sitting on the right, the one who has more Ballon D'ors than anyone, the guy in the conversation of being the greatest ever, is still passing a smile, clapping, shaking hands.........

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

/

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

You think there are many athletes who strive to be the best but its actually rare, which is partly why there are a lack of exciting footballers today. This invalidates your point along with the fact that its a custom to shake hands after a match. Its not a custom to smile at your opponent winning.

Messi is past it so his attitude is clearly no longer of a winner, whilst cr7 is still the best

DarthFooty 3 years ago

Not sure what you have experienced, where you played, or who you play with, but I have had a different experience, hence my opinion.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@DarthFooty You make good point mate but I feel we are so used to seeing Ronaldo act this way, its kind of hard to act surprised anymore. His reaction can get annoying for the players he play against, for sure. But from Ronaldo point of view, if he was the one winning this, he propably wouldn't care if the others player were pouting. He's obviously not the classiest of player, and is certainly a bit self-centered but those weakness of his personality are also what make him such a determined player so its hard to completely dislike that about him. For me its 50/50, he is kind of a jerk but he certainly one amazing jerk, so it help him get away with it. XD

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

So, I am the only one who thinks he could show some class and at least fake a smile or clap for Lewa?

Well, people being accused of being fake would be still called "he only faked it" Ronaldo was genuine, he is born winner, he didn't do anything bad.

DarthFooty 3 years ago

I am comfy being the only one who feels he should be mature enough to respect his opponents enough to at least clap for them when they win something he is in the running for.

His drive is never in question and of course, he is a winner, but class is class win or lose. Perhaps I am a bit old school in that stance but to each their own. :)

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@DarthFooty Well, I certainly won't condemn you for your opinion, if anything, I feel I would have shared it a few year back. But at this point, I kinda gave up on Ronaldo acting how he should when he lose. Still, I completely respect your opinion and honestly, its propably the most professional one. So, good on you from standing by it.