Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ronaldo want to leave United!
Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11426

So there were rumors toward the end of season that Ronaldo might be leaving Manchester United this summer because he felt the club weren't ambitious enough. Those rumours stoped when Ten Haag was officially apointed.

However, recently, there been report of Ronaldo being unhappy with how United is one of the only top club in England who haven't register any major signing since the begining of the summer.

He would have officially ask the board to consider accepting a bid for him if a good one came and apparently, his agent been in dicussion with club over a transfer.

So I'm guessing, whats Ronaldo want rigth now is to either be convinced of United ambition or to be allowed to leave for a better project.

Thought?

Comments
SunFlash 2 years ago
USA 19 3260

It's been pretty openly discussed that Ronaldo does not want to play outside of the Champions League. I get it. United fans get it.

In reality, while it was nice having his return, he should not have returned. He got stuck on a team that wasn't built to handle a striker like him, so neither he nor the team played as well as they should. He made the most of it, as one of the greatest players of all time is bound to do. But neither party really benefited. One could argue him going to City would have been worse, but City won the league regardless, and then went ahead and signed Haaland. So, hardly ideal.

Myself and most United fans (imo) would have no issues with him leaving.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11426

@Sunflash That so? Well, I certainly hope he won't leave for a direct rival, right now, the club he been linked with are PSG, Bayern and Cheslea. Only, PSG and Bayern doesn't seem super keen on him (PSG already got too many high-wage older player and Bayern doesn't generally player like that). So that would leave Chelsea who's focussing on Sterling right now... Still, the new owner could want to send a message by signing a player with the rep of Ronaldo. I really wouldn't like that personally and that would be a bizarre way to end his career at United.

SunFlash 2 years ago
USA 19 3260

The relationship United fans have with Ronaldo is probably pretty odd from the outside looking in. He's undisputedly one of the best players to play for the club, but he left. So he'll never be a "great" in that way, but there's a huge amount of understanding (especially because he stuck it out with United for another year when he did want to leave because Fergie requested it). He didn't force his way out and harm United's bargaining position, and so we received a world-record fee for him. And then, when it was between us or someone else, he came back to a team that wasn't really in his best interest. So while not everyone loves him so to speak, everyone respects him.

Imagine if Fabregas had returned to Arsenal. It would be something like that (except obviously Ronaldo was a far better player).

DarthFooty 2 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Something else to add to Sun's point of Utd fans not being so bothered if he does go.... He is one of, and by many considered to be the best there has ever been, so just having him play with your team is something you can always throw out there. He also did stay for Sir Alex and has always been respectful of the team.

I can see him go to Chelsea for a few reasons, but one that he is 100% interested in is the CL. The new owner would love a statement signing, even if he is on the older side. He still scored a good pull for Udt this past season, just he and Messi have set the bar so high that when they don't match those numbers, we all freak out, they are old, they are done, blah blah blah.

Can you picture him at PSG with Messi? I can! I wouldnt mind him at Chelsea, and no matter where he goes, I wish him good luck.

PS: CR is not my all-time fav player and I am still on the fence about him being the greatest ever, so the compliments above are deserved from his playing career.

iHEARTfootball 2 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I wouldn't be too fussed by it. I'd actually encourage the idea of him leaving because him being at United may unvoluntarily have played a part in our overall abysmal season, as ridiculous as it may sound. Nothing to do with him, however. Ironically, it was the entire squad around him that simply weren't good enough to be his teammate. Obviously, I would've preferred a total clear out of those squad players (some have already left which is great) but Ronaldo isn't getting younger either.

If he wants to CL football, then let him leave to get some. We had our chance, last season, but obviously the players around weren't up for it, and thus consequences should be applied. We could argue that he should honor his contract to the end (this upcoming one being his last season) but a player of his calibre and profile could be the exception. Either way, we'll have to move on from him eventually so why not start now when everything is fresh under Ten Hag?

Pesonally, I see Ronaldo as a Great amongst legends of our club.

iHEARTfootball 2 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I just realised that him potentially leaving before preseason might mean that he won't be featured in Man Utd's visit to Melbourne next week, which is where I'm going. Ah well, at least I'll get to see them the rest in the flesh, for the first time in my life. Going to be lit!

Footy_watch 2 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

PSG signing Cr7 should be the easiest decision they could make. The 2 best players in one team is what everyone wants to see

Emobot7 2 years ago Edited
538 11426

@iHEART Congrats man, too bad about CR7 potentially not be there but its great to see your team in the flesh.

@Footy Tbf, I'd be really ecstatic if that happened because who wouldn't want to see Messi, Ronaldo, M'bappe and Neymar playing together? Sadly, with how they are right now, that doesn't really do a good team balance and this isn't propably PSG want right now, they propably will try to focus more on pragmatic target which can help improve the team playing style.

Oh yeah, I heard some Barca rumours as well for Ronaldo, hope thats not true because seeing him in a Barca shirt would be way weirder than in a Chelsea shirt.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@iHEART Congrats man, too bad about CR7 potentially not be there but its great to see your team in the flesh.

@Footy Tbf, I'd be really ecstatic if that happened because who wouldn't want to see Messi, Ronaldo, M'bappe and Neymar playing together? Sadly, with how they are right now, that doesn't really do a good team balance and this isn't propably PSG want right now, they propably will try to focus more on pragmatic target which can help improve the team playing style.

_Pelle_ 2 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

I don’t know if I would want to have a 37 year old CR7 on PSG… One of the main reasons they have difficulties in UCL is the amount individualistic players they’ve had. He’s just going to add to that.

Can’t argue against the star quality though.

_Pelle_ 2 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

CR7 in Barca shirt… that would be quite a sight. 😂😂😭

Emobot7 2 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Pelle Yeah, in term of team balance, CR7 is absolutely not what PSG want, also the wage would be way too high... However, if you just think about the prestige of playing Neymar, Ronaldo and Messi in the same team, it is kinda attractive. Still don't think the current PSG will do it.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Pelle Yeah, in term of team balance, CR7 is absolutely not what PSG want, also the wage would be way too high... However, if you just about the prestige of playing Neymar, Ronaldo and Messi in the same team, it is kinda attractive. Still don't think the current PSG will do it.