Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ronaldo Shocking Interview before World Cup
Emobot7 1 year ago Edited
538 11432

Guys, I can't believe what I read and heard, this is absolutely mad, Ronaldo did an interview with Piers Morgan and he basically explain he feel betrayed by the club and pushed out. But the way he goes about saying that... Its basically worse than the interview with Lukaku last season...

More info on the following links:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12747058/cristiano-ronaldo-manchester-united-forward-says-he-feels-betrayed-and-has-no-respect-for-erik-ten-hag

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Guys, I can't believe what I read and heard, this is absolutely mad, Ronaldo did an interview with Piers Morgan and he basically explain he feel betrayed by the club and pushed out. But the way he goes about saying that... Its basically worse than the interview with Lukaku last season...

More info on the following link:

Comments
davidbeckham7 1 year ago
Manchester United, England 0 22

I don't like Ten Hag as well, but Ronaldo is just shit lately, missing so many chances to score... no wonder he doesnt play

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

It's not worse than lukaku, the difference is that he supports man utd and is trying to make a positive change with his club.

estcrow 1 year ago
0 51

Even if he wants best for the club his ego and arrogance is ruining it. Skipping pre-season, leaving games early, criticizing everyone - it's like he doesn't understand that he's 38 soon, he wouldn't be starting games regularly in none of the big clubs anymore, he just doesn't want to accept it. Let him go to Arsenal, let's see how Piers would like it then. Rashford, Martial, even Garnacho have been better up front than CR this season.. he didn't seem sharp even against clubs like Omonia and Sheriff.
A legend and one of the greatest definitely but for a club right now he seems the problematic part and if there was any question about it before then this interview is making it absolutely clear. And I don't even blame Ten Hag if he want's to get rid of him.. hell I'd even support him for not letting a player act bigger than the club (like the Mbappe-PSG summer stupidity..).
The awkward part he said about Rooney - “I don’t know why he criticises me so badly, probably because he finished his career and I’m still playing at high level. I’m not going to say that I’m looking better than him, which is true..." Facepalm.

iHEARTfootball 1 year ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

It's not worse than lukaku, the difference is that he supports man utd and is trying to make a positive change with his club.

And he's doing a terrible job at it, by bending over to Piers Morgan. Out of all egotistical spastics out there, it had to be Piers that Ronaldo goes to throw toys out of the pram.

Ronaldo is not being paid to be player he used to be. He's paid for be the player he is NOW. He's 37 for god's sake. Unlike most of our younger squad players, Ronaldo (by definition) should the ultimate professional. He should be here leading the entire squad by example, both on and out of the pitch. ESPECIALLY, out of the pitch. Him doing this interview is the complete opposite of what I thought he'd be. Ten Hag's winning here, believe it or not, and I'm all for it.

If Ronaldo can't handle being treated like a fellow professional, then him leaving is as good a riddance as anyone. In my books, he's already done. I can't stand Pier's constant dickriding of him on Twitter, and this is the climax.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

And he's doing a terrible job at it, by bending over to Piers Morgan. Out of all egotistical spastics out there, it had to be Piers that Ronaldo goes to throw toys out of the pram.

Ronaldo is not being to be player he used to be. He's paid for be the player he is NOW. He's 37 for god's sake. Unlike most of our younger squad players, Ronaldo (by definition) should the ultimate professional. He should be here leading the entire squad by example, both on and out of the pitch. ESPECIALLY, out of the pitch. Him doing this interview is the complete opposite of what I thought he'd be. Ten Hag's winning here, believe it or not, and I'm all for it.

If Ronaldo can't handle being treated like a fellow professional, then him leaving is as good a riddance as anyone. In my books, he's already done. I can't stand Pier's constant dickriding of him on Twitter, and this is the climax.

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

@Footy_watch Its much worse in the sense he's basically saying everything is wrong at United despite the fact the club is doing the best they ever did right now since the start of last season.

His lack of respect with Ten Hag make no sense. He say that the reason he doesn't respect him is that Ten Hag didn't respect him. Ten Hag did his best to support him when he clearly did some stuff he shoudln't have done. I'm guessing not being first on the teamsheet is disrespect in Ronaldo book but I got some news for you, you don't go from scoring only 1 goal in 10 games and having a 24% shooting accuracy and demanding to be the main striker on the team. That make no freaking sense. He has to accept he's no longer the best attacking player United got.

While I can agree with him saying stuff like the installation not having changed are bad if true, that doesn't excuse bashing team-mates in public, it doesn't excuse undermining the coach authority in public and him saying about Wayne Rooney stuff like:

I'm not going to say that I'm looking better than him. Which is true.

Just show how much of a petulent child he is. I mean he's reacting like an actual rich kid would react if another brat had insulted him in some way.

But here the thing, Ronaldo isn't alway right. Nobody is. I get you need confidence in your believe to be a football player but he need to realize where he is. He should take the critique and try to better himself. But no, Rooney cannot talk about me because he's not playing anymore or ugly.

There is no respect for the people around him or Manchester United or the fans. This is just him being a sore loser who still think he should be a the center of everything and acting like it was everyone else fault he wasn't at his best.

Do you guys remember when he said:

Your love makes me strong, your hate makes me unstoppable.

Well, current Ronaldo is him trying to channel this but not being able to back it up.

DarthFooty 1 year ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

He is trying so hard to make the Club look like the bad guy, to probably help his brand/image. He also gets in his own way when he says things like “I don’t know why he criticizes me so badly, probably because he finished his career and I’m still playing at a high level. I’m not going to say that I’m looking better than him, which is true..."

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

Ronaldo was held back last year by how poor his teammates were when he was their best player. This year he deserved to be in the team immediately for his sacrifice last season.

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

@Darth Indeed, it feel very much like Ronaldo know he can't stand to be at United anymore and he trying to control the narrative in a way that paint him in the best light possible. Very likely because he want to protect his brand like you said.

Hardcore Ronaldo fan will say that what he say is true and that he is doing it for the Club and the fan. Maybe he actually think it is. But its still incredibly unprofesional from a guy who alway was hailed as an amazing professional.

Its really dissapointing to see because I feel like this undermine a lot of the momentum United had going in recent week.

@Footy_watch You aren't wrong in saying he was propably one of or their best player last season. However, I think players alway have to prove themselve in the present, especially when a new manager with new plan in mind arrive.

Also, no player deserve to automaticaly be in the team at any moment, they are paid by the club to be ready at any time the manager may call on them. If a player doesn't get to play, it sad, but its part of the possibility for proffesional.

You musn't forget that manager priority is to put in place a gameplan where their team has the best chance to win. No matter how much they respect someone, they need to focus on performance or they risk getting fired.

Maybe another manager would have thought out of a gameplan to utilize Ronaldo to the best of his capacity, maybe is just not the case of Erik Ten Hag but considering United current performance, its still pretty hard to tell which situation would be better for the club success. It might not be possible for us to ever tell.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

Ronaldo has a bigger fanbase than the majority of football clubs in the world. He should have the power to sack managers let alone be the first name on the teamsheet regardless of how poor his form has been.

DarthFooty 1 year ago

No player is ever above the club! CR7 is one of the greatest to play the game, no doubt, but even Pele, Maradona, and Messi would never be bigger than the club.

I know he is your boy, Footy_watch, but I respectfully disagree with ya.

_Pelle_ 1 year ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

I think this is all theatrics from Ronaldo to force his way out. It’s just so sad that it had to come to this.

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

Kinda agree with DarthFooty here, no player is bigger than the club, fanbase doesn't win you trophy sadly, so even if CR7 had more fan that all PL clubs in the world, I'd agree he shouldn't be given favorite treatment if he wasn't in form.

@Pelle This much seem obvious, he basically giving no choice to United in the matter, he want out. I guess being a starter for the Europa League and being a back up player wasn't enough for him but going in this manner when you got a rep as big as him... its hurt. It also set a bad example for the new generation I think. I know I'm dissapointed in the manner he went about it at least. And don't get me wrong i don't think all he said was wrong but I think the key point is that he want out in the winter as a free transfer if needed.

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

Yo, just had a stupid thought, what if Ronaldo actually believed his form was fuelled by hatred and just did this interview to anger the majority of the United fanbase in order to improve his form during the world cup? I mean, I know this sound stupid but at this point, nothing would surprise me. 🤷‍♂️

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

@Emobot7 I thought most man utd fans would be happy about his interview.

DarthFooty 1 year ago

Just watched the entire interview and I wish I would have seen it before my comments above. While I do feel some things could have been said differently, clearly many of the comments shared have been embellished or taken out of context. To be fair, his drive can irk people, his way of life can irk people, and many out there will always try to bring someone down from the top. This is his firm belief in what he sees and if he is making it all up, call me fooled.

One of the greatest things about social media is the ability to share information and educate the world. One of the worst things about social media is how vitriol and twisted shared moments can get.

He is not my favorite player, but there is no doubt, he is one of the greatest we have ever seen.

expertfootball11 1 year ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I'm not a fan of having to criticise the club you are getting paid from... he could have left and then said what he said to say... even though I absolutely believe his assessment of the United situations, basically a run-down team since Fergie left and led by complete morons.

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

@DarthFooty Yeah, haven't seen it myself but there do seem to be lot more positive stuff in there that just weren't well presented. I still believe it wasn't the right way to go about it and absolutely not the good person to go about. But I'm understanding him more now that more info has been shared correctly.

He did say some pretty vain stuff, like the comment on Rooney and his former team mates which have been 'critical' of him.

@expertfootball Well, what he did was clearly a breach of contract but I feel he need to feel wanted and its not the case at United so I understand he want to love by all mean possible.

@Footy watch Pretty sure they agree with some part of what he said. Like the negative on the Glazer and the old installation which should be improved. Comment against former legend like Rooney as well as Ten Hag which might be one of the best coach United had since Mourinho were never gonna be well taken by most of the fans.

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

Official! Cristiano Ronaldo and United has mutually agreed to part way. Ronaldo contract has been terminated and he is now officially a free agent. Where do you think he will end up? Likely destination that come to mind are Sporting, Chelsea, Bayern Munich or PSG.

I'd love PSG but Bayern Munich would make more sense though I kinda doubt they'd pick a player like him, especially after the drama he created at United. Chelsea at the end of the day might be the one team who'd actually still really want him (as least the new owner seem to want him) and could propably fit him in their team.