Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Rodwell Signs For City
ChelseaRox10 12 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

COPIED AND PASTED FROM TELEGRAPH.CO.UK:

Only on Friday, manager Roberto Mancini was bemoaning the lack of new signings at the Premier League champions.Manchester City have made their plunge into the summer transfer market by agreeing a fee for Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell.

But ahead of the Community Shield encounter with Chelsea at Villa Park, it was confirmed Manchester City had agreed a fee for Rodwell.

"Everton have agreed an undisclosed fee with Manchester City for the transfer of Jack Rodwell," said the Merseyside outfit in an official statement.

Only on Friday, manager Roberto Mancini was bemoaning the lack of new signings at the Premier League champions."The midfielder is set to undergo a medical with the Premier League champions on Sunday."

But ahead of the Community Shield encounter with Chelsea at Villa Park, it was confirmed Manchester City had agreed a fee for Rodwell.

"Everton have agreed an undisclosed fee with Manchester City for the transfer of Jack Rodwell," said the Merseyside outfit in an official statement.

"The midfielder is set to undergo a medical with the Premier League champions on Sunday."

The 21-year-old won his first England cap last season and has previously been linked with Manchester United.

The 21-year-old won his first England cap last season and has previously been linked with Manchester United.

Comments
koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Should have stayed with Everton. How on earth will he get past the competition in City? 

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Yaya Toure, Garath Barry and Nigel De Joung will be stiff competition for him

JesperKyd 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 15 152

If everton got a big transfer fee for him then i don't blame them for wanting to sell. city always seem to pay over the odds for players and it'll help everton bring new talent in.

However i can see him being another adam johnson sadly

ChelseaRox10 12 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

I agree how will he fit in the midfield? Silva, Toure, Milner, Johnson, De Jong and Barry

United_Hates_Blues 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

Why ? They should sign Fabregas and more mids. 

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

Great for Everton, but Rodwell has ruined his career, awful move for a promising player.

VanTheMan 12 years ago
Arsenal 5 263

bad move from Rodwell but good for everton.. they can build a good team with the 15 mil that they got..

man_utd 12 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

End of his career.
Should have gone stayed at Everton and develop more.

GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

lol i am just cracking up with all your "He ruined his career" comments hahaha, but talking for Rodwell's own good i think that if the rumours that De Jong will be sold then Rodwell have an opportunity right? Barry is not that good and come on Adam Jhonson has more chances of becoming king than become a frst choice in Manchini's plans.

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

He will warm the bench up for nasri

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

I have to agree with most people. I don't think this is the wisest move for his development but it is A GREAT move for Everton as they badly need that money.
At the end of the day, it all has to do with the homegrown player quota. Mancini's wasn't exactly elated by the transfer but if he tries his hardest, who knows?

GunnerAFC 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Rodwell is SO overrated.