Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

R.I.P Davide Astori
NovaRuk 6 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

I'm surprised no one hasn't posted this yet. This incredibly sad news just came in about 3 hours ago.

The captain of Fiorentina, Davide Astori has passed away in his sleep at the age of 31. He just became a father 2 weeks ago.

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11421

@NovaRuk I actually did post on this at the same time as you (I will delete my post though). Its really sad, I heard he already had a child who was 4 year old, maybe he had a second one? Well, no matter the detail, its still really tragic. Way too young to go and my thought are with his family and his team-mate. He might have not been one of the greatest Italian international or one of the most known player in Serie A, but its still come as a terrible shock for me. Beside, you never want that for anyone. This will no doubt shake the Serie A for a little while as well. Rest in peace Davide Astori. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@NovaRuk I actually did at the same time as you (I will delete my post though). Its really sad, I heard he already had a child who was 4 year old, maybe he had a second one? Well, no matter the detail, its still really tragic. Way too young to go and my thought are with his family and his team-mate. He might have not been one of the greatest Italian international or one of the most known player in Serie A, but its still come as a terrible shock for me. Beside, you never want that for anyone. This will no doubt shake the Serie A for a little while as well. Rest in peace Davide Astori. :(

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Damn that's rough. Weird that he was young and passed away sleeping. Condolences to the family.
Fiorentina Will have a very hard time losing a friend, teammate and captain.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

So sad :(

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11421

@raimondo For sure...

Here is an homage from Buffon: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf5tRh2H131/

And here a poor traduction from google:

Hi dear Asto,
I hardly publicly expressed a thought about a person, because I have always left that the beauty and the uniqueness of relationships, mutual esteem and affection, should not be exploited or thrown into the meal to those who do not have the delicacy to respect certain ties.
In your case, I feel I am making an exception to my rule, because you have a young wife and family members who are suffering, but especially your little girl, deserves to know that her father was in all respects a PERFECT PERSON .. ... A GREAT PERFECT PERSON ... you were the best expression of an ancient, surpassed world, in which values ​​such as altruism, elegance, education and respect for others, were the masters.
Congratulations indeed, you were one of the best sports figures in which I came across.
R.I.P.
Your friend Gigi.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

RIP for his sudden death, death is never a cool thing. My thoughts are out to his families and friends and teammates, who have lost their captain.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

RIP :(

He just became a father 2 weeks ago.

Jesus Christ I didn't even know that, it makes it extra sad. Judging by just responses Astori was well-respected member of community and friend, not just good footballer. World can be so cruel sometimes...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11421

@Croatian Yeah, clearly, he was well liked by his peer and most of those around him, I doubt Buffon would have made a homage for him if he didn't had at least a little respect for him. Usually, when Buffon say good thing about another player, I have a tendency to take it as fact he must have been a good guy. Which only make it more tragic.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

RIP Davide. So so sad :(

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

RiP

rayrex7 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Fiorentina are going to retire the jersey number 13 in honour of Davide Astori and are paying his salary to the family for a lifetime. Respect for Fiorentina and my condolences for Davide's family. Based on the numerous of players from different clubs and leagues responses, the man must be a very humble man and very much respected by all.

RIP CAPITANO

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

R.I.P

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11421

@rayrex Thats a very class act by the team, happy to hear that, thanks for sharing mate.

rayrex7 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

@emo dont mention it mate.

Davide's family need all the support they need at this time. A single wife with a child and a 2 week old infant is tough for her mentally.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@emo dont mention it mate.

Davide's family need all the support they need at this time.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11421

@rayrex Indeed, at least, its good to know she won't have to worry financialy. :)

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607
_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

I was actually wonderng if you could add (YT) videos. Is it possible in the comment section of the games too?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11421

@Pelle Pretty sure you can on the forum but not on the highlight. You can post GIF though.