Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Reus to Madrid?
RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

Reus has been linked with Madrid over the past few months, but more strongly these past couple of days, if Dortmund don't get Champions League next season (which they probably wont) Reus is likely to leave. Multiple clubs have been linked with him such as Chelsea, Man U, Barcelona, and Bayern Munich. Anyone would love to see Reus in their team, but does Madrid need him? Personally, I have never been a fan of Benzema, he is too inconsistent, yes, his passing is amazing, he does assist, and scores as well, but in MOST, not all, MOST big games, he under performs, so I would love to see Reus replace Benzema, even though he isn't a classic #9, I think he would do great there, or maybe playing at a false #9 role, although I doubt Ancelotti would do that, anyways, if Reus did sign for Madrid, where would you put him?

4-3-3 (false-9 or regular ST)

------Ronaldo Reus Bale

-----James kroos Modric

Marcelo Pepe Ramos Carvajal

-----------Casillas

4-4-2

-------Ronaldo Reus

Bale Kroos Modric James

------------Casillas

These are two options (which will most likely not happen, let me dream ok?) that I see possible if Reus came, I think Ancelotti likes Bale way too much to bench him, benching James would be the other option, but after 80m paid for him, I doubt benching him is an option, Benzema would be my substituted player, but many people find him a very important player for the squad, I think Reus can do everything Benzema does, and more. The only downside I see with it, is that BBC would become MBC or RBC haha. Would love to hear your guys' opinions, specially Madrid fans.

Comments
Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I don't know man, BBC combination is excellent, and I don't want to see either Bale or Benzema suffer because we unnecessarily go out and buy another player. This seems to be our trend over the last 5 years. Unnecessarily buy players over and over again. I don't want Bale or Benzema to suffer because of Reus coming in. If Reus makes the team better, then I will be happy, but I will still be hurt that we had to outcast Benz or Bale to make way for him. It's just like how I was sad to see both Ozil and di Maria leave, even though Bale and James are more than capable of replacing them. It's nice to have a better team, but Ozil and di Maria really helped us achieve a lot, and it's harsh and cruel to cast them away so easily when they loved the fans and the club.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

PS. Benzema actually performs excellently in big games. I have complete confidence in his ability.

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

He has been recently, Barca, Liverpool, etc. but in some big games, he's just unnoticeable, Valencia, club world cup, UCL final. I do know what you mean, bringing in a new player when we don't really need him is risky, but you have to remember, Florentino is a business man, and Reus is a band-wagon type player, and his market price is super cheap, so you're getting an amazing player, for super cheap, in which you can make a profit off easily if you really look at it, so not sure tbh.

Emrecan_58 9 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

A very unnecessary transfer like Dynastian said but if the transfer happens; I think they will send Benzema. The line up options:

4-3-1-2

--------Ronaldo Bale--------

-------------James -------------

----Reus Kroos Modric----

-------------Casillas--------------

or 4-4-2

-Reus James Kroos Modric-

------------Casillas------------

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

A very unnecessary transfer like Dynastian said but if the transfer happens; I think they will send Benzema. The line up options:

4-3-1-2

-------------Reus-------------

----James Kroos Modric----

or 4-4-2

4-3-1-2

or 4-4-2

4-3-1-2

or 4-4-2

4-3-1-2

or 4-4-2

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

I don't think Modric would play as a RM, if anything that would probs be James, and I dont think Reus would play a CM role haha, maybe they could swap Reus for James in that 4-3-1-2. Bale could play at ST, but so could Reus, it would be very interesting to see what Carlo would do in that situation

Emrecan_58 9 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Considering Madrid's squad and an addition of Reus could make Modric or Benzema to leave and my opinion is for Benzema. If Modric leaves, which is not gonna heppen, then Bale to RM where Modric is and Ronaldo, Benzema as a ST with 4-4-2. No other options that I can see.
Edit: I don't think Reus will leave Dortmund by the way. This transfer won't happen I hope.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Considering Madrid's squad and an addition of Reus could make Modric or Benzema to leave and my opinion is for Benzema. If Modric leaves, which is not gonna heppen, then Bale to RM where Modric is and Ronaldo, Benzema as a ST with 4-4-2. No other options that I can see.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Buying player which Real don't need? Not surprising.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Why would he go to Madrid?

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

@quickzyyy It's not about that, he is too cheap, and Florentino is a business man, he could make instant profit off Reus plus adding a lot of quality to the squad.

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

@Eden17Hazard17 why would he not?

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Benzema is an excellent player and he has excellent chemistry with ronaldo and bale, in fact our team is perfect, we don't need any other player. However like what realmadrid17 said, 25 million for a player like reuse whose young and an amazing player, the guy is insanely cheap. Perez could sell him for 50-60 million in 1-2 years. Dude they guy almost defeated Madrid single handley if it wasn't for mikhthariyan missing an open net. But why Madrid? It's because he fits there, the playing style, the players, it's perfect there for him. Though Modric is 30, he still has a couple of years in him, I see chica loaned and Benz substitute. But in either case I will feel like dyna.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@Real

He won't be given the opportunities he deserves and he knows that. He won't go knowing he'll be benched. I hate United but I understand why some defenders like Varane may snub us for them

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

I think he could get into the starting 11 bro. If he puts on good performances I think he could bench Benzema, but I do agree with Dynastian and Rayrex