Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Rennes vs Arsenal Post Match Talk
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

So, I didn't watch the game but it seem to me Arsenal were unlucky with the ref. The second yellow who got Sokratis expelled looked soft to me. Thought?

Comments
Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Two yellow cards were soft, but Arsenal shouldn't loose 3-1 even with 10 men against Rennes. We should just export Arsenal to League 1 because Wenger turned them into French team so they belong to Farmers League and even there i bet they will be fighting for the 4th place lol jk jk Arsenal is needed in PL.

expertfootball11 5 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Rennes belongs to the "Farmer League", yet somehow manage to beat Arsenal tonight. So the problem is on the side of Arsenal, their defense, their perf in away games, thats all

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Im not surprised, the new coach of Rennes is promising... he gave them a soul. The fact they didn’t give up after the lucky first goal is pretty promising for second leg and if they play like they did vs BETIS they may go through...

Marcus2011 5 years ago

I am just kidding. I like to tease french league fans like this. League is certainly excellent place to develop players and for rising stars.

maksimus 5 years ago
Manchester City, Germany 0 5

Rennes did well last night. Lets see how the second leg goes..

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Deserved, Rennes totally outplayed us. This isn’t BATE, we are out of Europa League. Top 4 may go on Sunday too. BTW, I thought the Sokratis decision was correct, Sarr was going to score. Saying that, I don’t know why he did it, because we honestly cant defend without him.

Greatone 5 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

amir.. what did he do? rofl if you watch the incident closely, sarr goes past sokratis then lets his leg drag behind, striking the shin pad of sokratis then falls. he was smart and the ref was dumb, sokratis literally ran behind him like normal, not expecting that.

just look at the way sarr is sticking his legs backwards after he gets past sokratis (by the way thats not how people run), he knew what he was doing. initiating contact from the front should never be a foul, should be a yellow against sarr for attempting to mislead the referee (diving)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

amir.. what did he do? rofl if you watch the incident closely, sarr goes past sokratis then lets his leg drag behind, striking the shin pad of sokratis then falls. he was smart and the ref was dumb, sokratis literally ran behind him like normal, not expecting that

amir.. what did he do? rofl if you watch the incident closely, sarr goes past sokratis then lets his leg drag behind, striking the shin pad of sokratis then falls. he was smart and the ref was dumb, sokratis literally ran behind him like normal, not expecting that.

just look at the way sarr is sticking his legs backwards after he gets past sokratis, he knew what he was doing. initiating contact from the front should never be a foul, should be a yellow against sarr for attempting to mislead the referee (diving)

quikzyyy 5 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

the Sokratis decision was correct, Sarr was going to score.

how? Sarr elbowed Sokratis. https://streamable.com/d5ct9

and all this happened straight after this. https://streamable.com/vumrv

• History

how? Sarr elbowed Sokratis, just check the link below.
https://streamable.com/d5ct9

and all this happened straight after this

how? Sarr elbowed Sokratis.
https://streamable.com/d5ct9

and all this happened straight after this

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Greatone @quikzyyy Glad to see I'm not the only one who saw it that way. Seriously looked to me as if Sokratis didn't do anything at all. For me, Rennes wasn't completely top class either, they were very fortunate. Getting Sokratis a second yellow out of nowhere and scoring through an Arsenal own goal helped them greatly to this results.

• History

@Greatone @quikzyyy Glad to see I'm not the only one who saw it that way. Seriously looked to me as if Sokratis didn't anything at all. For me, Rennes wasn't completely top class either, they were very fortunate. Getting Sokratis a second yellow out of nowhere and scoring through an Arsenal own goal helped them greatly to this results.

Greatone 5 years ago

i just hope it doesn't kill us on the home game, arsenal should've appealed it or something, but obviously its doubtful to get it revoked.
i don't like the idea of playing without sokratis as hes literally THE defence right now.

tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited

Actually it’s a famous trick of forwards every defender should avoid. Once the guy passes you he will try by any way to cut in the direction you run in. Once the opponent cut in your space you must imperatively avoid any contact, intentional or not because ref Only sees contact and award the foul to the first reaching the ball. That’s silly but in modern football you need a lot of flair...
Sokratis paid his reputation and you can actually notice each time a forward is running to the goal and cut into the defender zone, any contact is a foul... every forward once reaching the ball first does it to stop the defender run, if he doesn’t he will get tackled properly or be obliged to run to the wings as the defender will oblige him to go deep.

On the other hand the offside call was really stupid, specially when there is VAR.

• History

Actually it’s a famous trick of forwards every defender should avoid. Once the guy passes you he will try by any way to cut in the direction you run in. Once the opponent cut in your space you must imperatively avoid any contact, intentional or not because ref Only sees contact and award the foul to the first reaching the ball. That’s silly but in modern football you need a lot of flair...
Sokratis paid his reputation and you can actually notice each time a forward is running to the goal and cut into the defender zone, any contact is a foul... every forward once reaching the ball first does it to stop the defender run, if he doesn’t he will get tackled properly or be obliged to run to the wings as the defender will oblige him to go deep.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

but why is he grabbing his throat? hahaha I see the contact but damn man ..

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Because it’s Suarez :D

Greatone 5 years ago

Yeah exactly tiki, that’s why I said Sokratis was dumb because he’s experienced enough to know about it.

And VAR really needs to be worked on in terms of when and how it’s being used..

papa2000 5 years ago
0 2

Better believe it precisely tiki, that is the reason I said Sokratis was stupid since he's sufficiently accomplished to think about it.

What's more, VAR actually should be chipped away at as far as when and how it's being utilized..

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Greatone + quikzyyy

If your a defender, you should avoid contact with the attacker in those situations. Even though Sarr actually did make the first contact, Sokratis still does kind of make contact to stop him running. I can’t really get mad at the referee, because I also didn’t see the initial contact, and it’s harder for him to see than for me to see.

Either way, we are through, so I’m happy. But it’s that point where 100% is needed for 2 legs and not just 1

Greatone 5 years ago

bro, thats what im saying, sokratis shouldn't of gotten close enough that sarr could initiate the contact, sokratis of course makes contact because of the way that sarr handled it

Scorpio5 4 years ago
USA 0 1

I'm able to’t truely get mad on the referee, because i additionally didn’t see the preliminary touch, and it’s tougher for him to see than for me to see.

Regards

Scorpio

Aero WhatsApp

Ethanmiles 4 years ago
0 2

I also miss that show

Ethanmiles 4 years ago
0 2

Because ref best sees contact and award the foul to the first achieving the ball. that’s stupid but in cutting-edge football you need quite a few flair...