Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Reduced salary
_Pelle_ 4 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Teams around europe are trying to make players cut their salaries... Barca players didnt accept a 70% cut, Juve players accepted a cut that will save the club around 100M euros...what do you think?

Is 70% too much?

Should the players agree on a salary cut?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Teams around europe are trying to make players cut their salaries... Barca player didnt accept a 70% cut, Juve players accepted which will save the club around 100M euros...what do you think?

Is 70% too much?

Teams around europe are trying to make players cut their salaries... Barca player didnt accept a 70% cut, Juve players accepted which will save the club around 100M euros...what do you think?

Is 70% too much?

Comments
iHEARTfootball 4 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

The main reason why these players exist is because of the spectators (us). If we're not going to be watching them for the next 6 months or so, then absolutely they should be getting a salary cut, no matter what the cirumstances are. 70% for them would still be more than what an average joe receives annually.

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

ALL major sports athletes make way too much money nowadays, so yes, in this circumstance, they should be happy to take a cut. This is for the people who buy the jersey's, buy the tickets, buy the tv packages to support their teams and players. Some of those people are now out of a job because of this pandemic. Jobs that they rely on week to week, month to month, just to pay the bills.

tuan_jinn 4 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I think everyone have been played by the media or the players, either one of them. More on the media side.

Today Messi voiced his objection on all news source that exploited the situation and discussion between the players and the club (Barcelona).

I actually believe the players in this case. I do think there have been discussion and negotiation, sure. Anyone says no is either being hypocrite or lying

Saying they rejected 70% cut and the president of the club waiting for them to do it themselves otherwise will go to court... Crazy!. That's very much click bait on the media, taking advantage of the ridiculous management of Barcelona (we all see what's been going on there recently...).

And ofc the big part are the 2 key players, Messi (Barca) and Ronaldo (Juventus)..., if the 2 fart the world explodes....

I applause all players that take pay cut to help club, Juve and Barca players in this case.

Btw, do you know that Messi and Co. not only agree on 70% cut, but also take part in making sure ALL STAFFs of the club would still have 100% salary? Now that's beautiful!

• History

I think we have been played by the media or the players, either one of them. More on the media side.

Today Messi voiced his objection on all news sort that exploited the situation and discussion between the players and the club (Barcelona).

I actually believe the players in this case. I do think there have been discussion and negotiation, sure.

But saying they rejected 70% cut and the president of the club waiting for them to do it themselves otherwise will go to court... that sounds suspicious. That's very much click bait on the media, taking advantage of the ridiculous management of Barcelona (we all see what's been going on there...).

And ofc the big part are the 2 key players, Messi (Barca) and Ronaldo (Juventus)..., if the 2 fart the world explode....

I applause all players that take pay cut to help club, Juve and Barca players in this case.

Btw, do you know that Messi and Co. take part in making sure ALL STAFFs of the club would still have 100% salary? Now that's beautiful!

I think everyone have been played by the media or the players, either one of them. More on the media side.

Today Messi voiced his objection on all news sort that exploited the situation and discussion between the players and the club (Barcelona).

I actually believe the players in this case. I do think there have been discussion and negotiation, sure.

But saying they rejected 70% cut and the president of the club waiting for them to do it themselves otherwise will go to court... that sounds suspicious. That's very much click bait on the media, taking advantage of the ridiculous management of Barcelona (we all see what's been going on there...).

And ofc the big part are the 2 key players, Messi (Barca) and Ronaldo (Juventus)..., if the 2 fart the world explode....

Btw, do you know that Messi and Co. take part in making sure ALL STAFFs of the club would still have 100% salary? Now that's beautiful!

Today Messi voiced his objection on all news source that exploited the situation and discussion between the players and the club (Barcelona).

I actually believe the players in this case. I do think there have been discussion and negotiation, sure. Anyone says no is either being hypocrite or lying

Saying they rejected 70% cut and the president of the club waiting for them to do it themselves otherwise will go to court... Crazy!. That's very much click bait on the media, taking advantage of the ridiculous management of Barcelona (we all see what's been going on there recently...).

And ofc the big part are the 2 key players, Messi (Barca) and Ronaldo (Juventus)..., if the 2 fart the world explodes....

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Messi on Instagram:

Much has been written and said about FC Barcelona's top football team in terms of player salaries during this period of the State of Alert.
First of all, we would like to clarify that our will has always been to apply a decrease in the salary we receive, because we understand perfectly that this is an exceptional situation and we are the first ones who have ALWAYS helped the club when asked. Many times we have even done it on our own initiative, at other times when we thought it was necessary or important.
For this reason, we are always surprised that from within the club there were those who tried to put us under the magnifying glass and tried to add pressure on us to do something that we always had clear that we would do. In fact, if the agreement has been delayed for a few days it is simply because we were looking for a formula to help the club and also its workers in these difficult times.
For our part, the time has come to announce that, apart from the 70% reduction in our salary during the State of Alarm, we will also make some contributions so that the club's employees can receive 100% of their salary during this situation.
If we didn't talk until now, it was because our priority was to find solutions that were real to help the club, but also those who would be most affected by this situation.
We don't want to say goodbye without sending a warm greeting and a lot of strength to all the Culers who are having a hard time at this time, as well as to all those who are patiently waiting for the end of this crisis at home. Very soon we will get out of this and we will do it all together.
Visit the boat and visit Catalonia!

_Pelle_ 4 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Good reply from Messi to clearify things 👌

But it seems very infected between the players and the board.

• History

Good reply from Messi yo clearify things 👌

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

Messi on Instagram:

Ha. I like Messi but that's a classic PR post.

In fact, if the agreement has been delayed for a few days it is simply because we were looking for a formula to help the club and also its workers in these difficult times.

L. m. f. a. o.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

But it seems very infected between the players and the board.

Yep, been a while now that I believe the relationship between the board and the player at Barca have been rather poor. Don't forget that Ronaldo left Real for the same reason before. I kinda wish for a change of direction at Barca, personally.

expertfootball11 4 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Only players should take a pay cut if all other staff agree to take a pay cut and if owners accept not take dividends for 1 year or so.

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

PR or not, look at other teams, Bundesliga, Edivisie etc... I think in this case Barca, Juve etc... has done very well.

And lolll look at Barca's management layer now, what a mess, and looking back at this.... it's all reasoned. I dont think Messi and Co. want any PR here, it's just a mess there.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

@pelle Starting to think you might be right Pelle. Dissapointing thought. :(