Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Real possibility of Mourinho's departure.
expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

No, honestly. When you think about it, letting the same guys playing, young talents on bench. Strange tactics... is Mourinho forced by Fiorentino pérez? this match vs Espanyol will mark RM forever this season.

Comments
raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

To be honest I can't see Mou staying snitching season. To Real Madrid being 16 points behind biggest rivals, Barcelona, is an incredible disappointment. 

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

He is ruining the club, that's what Mourinho does. If you look at his career, every team he left has gone downhill.

ironfist2010 11 years ago
Real Madrid, Egypt 69 907

if he left , who will come ? what are the available options ? maybe di matteo ?

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@tdot2barca

Really? He ruins every club? 

At Chelsea, he bought Didier Drogba, Michael Essien, Petr Cech, and Ricardo Carvalho; all of whom would have a huge impact in Chelsea's recent success. At Inter, he won the treble, and brought in players like Sneijder, Milito, and Eto'o. At Madrid, he brought in Ozil, di Maria, and converted them (alongside Benzema) into some of the world's best internationals.

And the reason clubs do poor after he leaves is that they stagger to recover from his loss. He is so successful with them, his departure has a significant impact on them. And the teams he leave don't all go downhill. Porto has continued their success up to today. Chelsea have won the EPL title and the Champions League since his departure. The only team that hasn't done well after his departure was Inter, and that's because they constantly fire managers and have a very aged lineup. They need more young players. And as for Madrid, I hope Aitor Karanka takes up the position asa first team coach after Mourinho (since it's obvious he's leaving after this season), since he was the assistant of both Pelegrini and Mourinho.

well said Dynastian !!

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Dynastian98: 

I dunno about that, man. 

After leaving Chelsea, it took them 3 seasons to win the league again, 2 seasons to lift the FA Cup and that year was the last year they won the League Cup. It also took them 5 years to win the CL. That's with Roman Abramovic pumping his millions into the void left by his wake, too.

Porto took a whole season to recover, losing out to Benfica the year after he left, though they did resume winning way a year later -- and have been the winners of a one-horse race in that league, which does skew things a little.

As you say, Inter fell apart when he left, and if he leaves Real, I suspect it will take them another season to rebuild before challenging for anything.

He makes success happen, but for the present, and at the expense of the future. Others seem to have to pick up the pieces afterward...

Lodatz 11 years ago

For the record, I'm not saying he ruins clubs, but, it's certainly an established trend that they need a period to recover. The fact that he often takes star players with him might have something to do with it?

MessiDona 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

nah i agree with dynastian to say mourinho has ruined clubs before is completely wrong. He is a great coach but I have no idea whats going on this season. Could be the stress every player has knowing they can easily be replaced by top talent on the bench. 

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

@ironfist di matteo is overrated just saying

mourinho will leave the real after this season, some fans dont like him now that they are 3rd place in liga and even perez criticise  mourinho when appeared on the pitch 45 minutes before or after the match and some real fans give him an standing ovation

tdot2barca 11 years ago

Dynastian, thats a pretty average argument considering the fact that Chelsea is owned by a sugar daddy billionaire.
Porto: Went from winning CL to will never make past quarter finals

Not that he ruins clubs, it's that they always need a significant amount of time to recover. No, not because he is so successful with them, that was the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If a club recently had so much success and their manager leaves that means they have to go downhill? No, look at Barca...

MessiDona 11 years ago

^ doesn't that show what a good coach mourinho is if everytime he leaves a team, the team goes downhill ?

Lodatz 11 years ago

Not... really. It shows that the framework/team spirit he set up revolved around him, not the team. Notice the difference between when, say, Guardiola stepped down. Barca are flying, because Guardiola was personally invested in the long-term future of the club.

MessiDona 11 years ago

well thats the thing if he's able to bring that spirit up in a team and win BIG titles with porto, chelsea, and inter consecutively must mean he's doing something right 
(and league with madrid)
1 off season and people are forgetting this mans accomplishments

Lodatz 11 years ago

Oh, I don't think anyone is denying what the man has accomplished; it's more of a criticism of how he's left those when he has decided to 'move on'. Basically, the pattern has definitely emerged that his primary concern is himself, and his own success, not a lasting legacy or a strong foundation.

It's not a criticism of what he can do, more of what he seems unable to hand over to others.

MessiDona 11 years ago

I was basically arguing this statement
"He is ruining the club, that's what Mourinho does. "

@puppetmaster : in my opinion he's like AVP ! anyway , i think he'll be a great manager in the future....i started thinking if mourinho is going to leave madrid why doesn't Aitor karanka take his place ! he worked with both Mourinho and Pellegrini ( who have different mentalities ) so he has alot of experience !

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

@tdot2barca,

Nonsense. "Porto: Went from winning CL to will never make past quarter finals" What kind of statement is that? You clearly don't have any knowledge about football with your disgusting "Barca-is-everything" attitude. Get lost.

tdot2barca 11 years ago

Golden, just being honest. You guys only made it to quarter finals once since you guys won the CL.. wasn't trying to be rude.

SvenBender6 11 years ago
Borussia Dortmund, Germany 1 38

well its great that he is leaving,he can replace the idiotic benitez who has no idea what his doing

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

why is Rafa idiotic?