Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Real Madrid: Is Jose Mourinho Florentino Perez's Biggest Mistake?
PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

Real Madrid president Florentino Pérez’s biggest mistake could be hiring two-time UEFA Champions League winning manager José Mourinho.José has won a La Liga title, a Copa del Rey cup and the Supercopa de España (Spanish equivalent of the FA Community Shield) during his time with Los Blancos.

However, Mourinho’s antics have tarnished the reputation of Los Merengues.

He’s also split the dressing room, engaged in a cold war with the media and surrendered this season’s La Liga title to El Clásico rival Barcelona.

This article will address why Florentino has given up so much power to José and how it will play a part in both men’s future at Real....

Continue reading here :
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1478722-real-madrid-is-jose-mourinho-florentino-perezs-biggest-mistake

Comments
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

My cousin got me a book called El Clasico for Christmas, going into the backstories of the clash over the decades, and there's a whole chapter devoted to how Mourinho won over Perez. 

It's all pretty freaking interesting, as your article shows.

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

written by who? i would love to read that book

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Mourinhio changed the Classico from mutual respect between the clubs to pure bitterness and hate. Before it was rare to see so many fouls and reds. Just go back to Pellegrino's loss to Barca of 6-2. There was no fight or red cards. But then fast forward to mourinhio's loss of 5-0 and you will see red and a fight. I never was a big fan of Real but I respect them but ever since Mou I've disliked them more and more. 

Lodatz 11 years ago

It's by Richard Fitzpatrick. Here's an Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/El-Clasico-Barcelona-Footballs-Greatest/dp/1408158795/ref=sr_1\_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1357880071&sr=1-1&keywords=el+clasico

I also really enjoyed The Making of the Greatest Team in the World by Graham Hunter, but that is heavily one-sided towards Barcelona -- he's a journalist who has spent the last 10 years living in the city and reporting on Barca. Still, a lot of it is fascinating, if you can mentally sift through the bias.

Lodatz 11 years ago

(and that one I found a PDF copy online) O:)

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

At least we won La Liga, and thank Pepe if Classico became shiity.

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

Not at all. I hope most of you understand that media uses Mourinho as a massive writing product. Media has stated several times that Mourinho has gotten in trouble with his players. However, Mourinho is famous for knowing his players and having strong bonds with them. If the media were right about the bonds being broken, he would in theory fix it like nothing had happened every single time, wouldn't he?

Even so, his players simply love him. They fight for him. Perez has not done nothing wrong with his decision of hiring Mourinho. The fact that some think it's a 'crisis' to add a red card or two in El Clasico is ridiculous. Barcelona fans are frequently the ones who always seem to pick on him (not putting everyone in the same boat here), while neutrals has nothing against him. Every team that has experienced his fabolous presence are proud of him and respects him and his personality. This includs some of the biggest clubs in Europe with huge amounts of fans - including Porto, Chelsea, Inter and Real Madrid.

If anything has happened since Mourinho came, it's the fact that Real has gotten a lot better grip on Barca. In addition, El Clasico has only gotten more tense and exciting due to the fact that Real has gotten stronger under Mourinho. That's a fact. If you have any sort of doubt, look at the statistics since he came.

AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

^^^^ this is all correct and dont agree with raimondo im afraid. perez biggest mistake was quite clear - sacking del bosque.

Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

oh and not signing messi when he was 8 years :)

Lodatz 11 years ago

I agree that Mourinho is famous for forging strong bonds with his team, and his personality has been a huge part in that. I do not agree that is what has happened at Madrid; the media love to hype things up, but there is rarely smoke without a little fire. 

As for the increase of violence in El Clasico, I think he's had a negative effect on it. Studs in people's shins and constant pauses for brawling don't add to my excitement, I have to say. Instead I find it much more boring, and a real waste of the talent that is assembled upon the pitch. Those who have grown up with the PL may recall the old days of Man Utd vs Arsenal. For many years it was the greatest fixture in the country, and often the title decider. But because of that tension, it became increasingly violent and poisonous, to the point where the fixture became little more than a fight.

That's what I think Mourinho has done to El Clasico. That may be more exciting to some people, but, I'm not one of them. Much as I rate Mourinho as a manager, I really can't wait until he leaves Madrid, now.

Despite their great season last year, if Madrid don't win the CL this year, personally I think Mourinho's stay will be, ultimately, a failure. I don't think it's fair to class it as Perez' mistake, though; I bet you'd be hard-pressed to find a single person on the planet who would not have signed Mourinho for Madrid, after 2010.

Just the way the game goes, sometimes.

Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

he won the league against greatest barca side ever, and this dirtyness being overhyped. the derbies this year have been clean no?

Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

100 pts as well dont forget. the copa final win over barca was also epic, deserved and not dirty. ppl allowing personal views of mou to cloud judgement on his time at bernabeu. Ajax fans joining in with jose mourinho chant at bernabeu when losing 3-0 says it all.

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

He's done a great job with the club but as of this season it looks like it's going downhill. Benching the captain who is the most important player for the team, already losing the Liga title, and by destroying the clubs reputation which he has already done in the past seasons.

tdot2barca 11 years ago

We all know Mourinho though, he just wants to win another Champions League to improve his reputation so that he can quit the Madrid job.

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

@tdot,

You can learn from Lodatz by being a bit more factual. I respect Lodatz opinion when he's claiming that Mourinho has had a negative effect regarding the increase of violence in El Clasico. On the other hand, to say that he has destroyed the reputation of Real Madrid is definitely an excessive claim of yours.

By the way, Ronaldo is by far Real's most influential player.

Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

mou hasnt destroyed anything cmon man. your players all saying he was bad for la liga after his first season cos they were scared. and they were right to be cos season 2 he win copa against greatest barca ever. season 3 he won league against greatst barca team ever with 100 points. season 4 CL? only mou could do it......

Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

for me the fiasco of madrid this season is with the players. they have relaxed and stopped embracing mou and his ways. embrace mou, accept what he his and how and history shows what happens......

tdot2barca 11 years ago

I'm saying that because he has very bad behavior so it ruins the image of the club when he represents them.

tdot2barca 11 years ago

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks that you should ask around.