Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich would win Premier League by over 10 points says Paul Scholes
tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768
  • Man United hero says Premier League is inferior to European leagues.
  • Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City all went out in Champions League last 16.
  • Scholes says the English clubs have inferior players to European rivals.
  • Man Utd legend believes Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich would easily win Premier League title.

Paul Scholes believes English football has declined to such an extent that Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich would win the Premier League by 10 to 15 points.
Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City all exited the Champions League in the last 16, while Everton's defeat to Dynamo Kiev in the Europa League meant a total wipeout of the English sides in Europe.
And Scholes, the former Manchester United midfielder who twice lifted the European Cup, has entered the debate on why English clubs are so inferior to their continental counterparts.

Writing in The Independent, Scholes said: 'Over the last two weeks our coaches and players in the Champions League have looked second rate.'If you put one of Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich in the Premier League, they would win it by 10 to 15 points.'Even PSG and Juventus look better sides than any of those currently at the top of the Premier League.'While some have blamed the lack of a winter break for English failings, Scholes puts it down simply to inferior players.

Paul Scholes has twice won the European Cup with Manchester United - in 1999 and 2008 (pictured)

'The bottom line to this season's failings? I think the big two in Spain, and Bayern, simply have better players than the English teams in the Champions League,' he writes.Barcelona completed their win over Man City this week, with Lionel Messi to the fore, while French sides Paris Saint-Germain and Monaco eliminated Chelsea and Arsenal respectively.
Feel free to disagree with Scholes, i watched Barça and Real VS big four PL sides this season, 4 games and 4 wins ( no chance of even drawing at any game even in home games ), i personally fear Sevilla and Valencia more than City who never seem to give a fight.

From Dailymail.

For those who refuses to look at the current crisis, feel free to give pitch issues, i personally see it as a mix between what Paul said, lack of long term plans, unability to keep the ball from English players wich leads into conceding goals more often...

For possession a PL analysts couldnt explain it more clearly :

<< Bayern (67 per cent), who are moving into a new phase of possession-based football under Guardiola, head the list of teams dominating games, followed by Barcelona (64), Porto (60.9) and Juventus (59.6).
Those four teams, possibly the most entertaining to watch in the competition this season, are all in the draw for the quarter-final.
This stuff is staring us in the face and yet we will choose to ignore it because we will be back in thrall with the thrills and spills of the Barclays Premier League this weekend.
We love its combative nature, the ability to throw up surprises because of its rugged composition, an unpredictable mix of styles, and its raw pace.

For English football to succeed in Europe, the top teams must evolve, playing a possession-based game and learning to pick their moment in the biggest matches.
Until they do, we all know the score. >>

here is where i picked the paragraph, very instruvie other thread.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3002127/Until-English-clubs-learn-ball-doomed-failure-Europe-continent-losing-considered-crime-terrified-possession.html

Until English clubs learn to keep the ball they are doomed to failure in Europe...

<< Our national team went out of a World Cup in Brazil without even winning a game because they couldn’t keep the ball in an average group comprising Italy, Uruguay and Costa Rica.At Euro 2016, even with some of weakest teams in European football at the table, England will fail dismally because of their inability to retain possession.
Our Champions League teams are heading the same way because they are incapable of flipping between the demands of the Premier League and the tactical subtleties of European football.At this point there will be those who cite the classic counter-attacking teams, such as Jose Mourinho’s Inter Milan (2010) and Roberto Di Matteo’s Chelsea (2012), who went on to win the European Cup. They are the exception, not the rule.Barcelona’s chasing of Manchester United in Rome (2009) and the more humiliating defeat at Wembley (2011) was another wake-up call for English football. Sadly, we forgot to set the alarm. >>

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

- Man United hero says Premier League is inferior to European leagues **- Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City all went out in Champions League last 16 - Scholes says the English clubs have inferior players to European rivals- Man Utd legend believes Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich would easily win Premier League title****

Paul Scholes believes English football has declined to such an extent that Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich would win the Premier League by 10 to 15 points.
Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City all exited the Champions League in the last 16, while Everton's defeat to Dynamo Kiev in the Europa League meant a total wipeout of the English sides in Europe.
And Scholes, the former Manchester United midfielder who twice lifted the European Cup, has entered the debate on why English clubs are so inferior to their continental counterparts.**

Writing in The Independent, Scholes said: 'Over the last two weeks our coaches and players in the Champions League have looked second rate.

'If you put one of Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich in the Premier League, they would win it by 10 to 15 points.

'Even PSG and Juventus look better sides than any of those currently at the top of the Premier League.'

While some have blamed the lack of a winter break for English failings, Scholes puts it down simply to inferior players.

Paul Scholes has twice won the European Cup with Manchester United - in 1999 and 2008 (pictured)

'The bottom line to this season's failings? I think the big two in Spain, and Bayern, simply have better players than the English teams in the Champions League,' he writes.

Barcelona completed their win over Man City this week, with Lionel Messi to the fore, while French sides Paris Saint-Germain and Monaco eliminated Chelsea and Arsenal respectively.

Feel free to disagree with Scholes, i personally dont watching Barça and Real VS big four PL sides this season, 4 games and 4 wins ( no chance of even drawing at any game even in home games ), i personally fear Sevilla and Valencia more than City who never seem to give a fight and i would draw.

For those who refuses to look at the current crisis, feel free to give pitch issues, i personally see it as a mix between what Paul said, lack of long term plans, unability to keep the ball from English players wich leads into conceding goals more often...

<< Bayern (67 per cent), who are moving into a new phase of possession-based football under Guardiola, head the list of teams dominating games, followed by Barcelona (64), Porto (60.9) and Juventus (59.6).
Those four teams, possibly the most entertaining to watch in the competition this season, are all in the draw for the quarter-final.
This stuff is staring us in the face and yet we will choose to ignore it because we will be back in thrall with the thrills and spills of the Barclays Premier League this weekend.
We love its combative nature, the ability to throw up surprises because of its rugged composition, an unpredictable mix of styles, and its raw pace.

For English football to succeed in Europe, the top teams must evolve, playing a possession-based game and learning to pick their moment in the biggest matches.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3002127/Until-English-clubs-learn-ball-doomed-failure-Europe-continent-losing-considered-crime-terrified-possession.html

• Man United hero says Premier League is inferior to European leagues.
  • Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City all went out in Champions League last 16.
  • Scholes says the English clubs have inferior players to European rivals.
  • Man Utd legend believes Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich would easily win Premier League title.

And Scholes, the former Manchester United midfielder who twice lifted the European Cup, has entered the debate on why English clubs are so inferior to their continental counterparts.

Writing in The Independent, Scholes said: 'Over the last two weeks our coaches and players in the Champions League have looked second rate.'If you put one of Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich in the Premier League, they would win it by 10 to 15 points.'Even PSG and Juventus look better sides than any of those currently at the top of the Premier League.'While some have blamed the lack of a winter break for English failings, Scholes puts it down simply to inferior players.

'The bottom line to this season's failings? I think the big two in Spain, and Bayern, simply have better players than the English teams in the Champions League,' he writes.Barcelona completed their win over Man City this week, with Lionel Messi to the fore, while French sides Paris Saint-Germain and Monaco eliminated Chelsea and Arsenal respectively.
Feel free to disagree with Scholes, i personally dont watching Barça and Real VS big four PL sides this season, 4 games and 4 wins ( no chance of even drawing at any game even in home games ), i personally fear Sevilla and Valencia more than City who never seem to give a fight and i would draw.

From Dailymail.

Until English clubs learn to keep the ball they are doomed to failure in Europe...

<< Our national team went out of a World Cup in Brazil without even winning a game because they couldn’t keep the ball in an average group comprising Italy, Uruguay and Costa Rica.

At Euro 2016, even with some of weakest teams in European football at the table, England will fail dismally because of their inability to retain possession.

Our Champions League teams are heading the same way because they are incapable of flipping between the demands of the Premier League and the tactical subtleties of European football.

At this point there will be those who cite the classic counter-attacking teams, such as Jose Mourinho’s Inter Milan (2010) and Roberto Di Matteo’s Chelsea (2012), who went on to win the European Cup. They are the exception, not the rule.

Barcelona’s chasing of Manchester United in Rome (2009) and the more humiliating defeat at Wembley (2011) was another wake-up call for English football. Sadly, we forgot to set the alarm. >>