Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ray Wilkins point of view on United's season
Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501
Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

That's really basic stuff tbh. Shifting and one-man backline press is pretty much universal these days, I should know, I taught it to 13-year olds. I'm not a huge fan of pressing the centrebacks at all, but whatever floats Mourinho's boat.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@sunflash

You should be United's manager :))

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Championship here I come. The division, that is.

ashwin1729 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

@ Marcus

105 million out of that was spent on one player : Pogba then 42 mil and 38 was on Mkhitaryan and Bailly . That is three players you have spent money on that needed time to adjust to league . Although i think Pogba did well , but i am sure others will disagree .
I don't know what is your take on Uniteds squad but I don't think three players had potential to suddenly turn United into title fighting top 4 fighting force when you have 5 other top clubs with established squads fighting for the same .

Yes that's 3 players + Ibra who came in on free. Considering the quality of these players wouldn't you expect a team that lost top 4 on goal difference the prior year make it? This was not a sudden expectation. Players knew coming to United that they needed to finish top 4 to make it to UCL. You act as if these players didn't know that.

Weren't you complaining yourself how United was completely dominating other teams but just couldn't finish it off either due to some magic from goalkeepers who would turn into Neurs against United or simply because United's forwards couldn't convert chances .

I still stand by this statement. It was bad with LVG, but somehow became more worse with Jose when you see the likes of Ibra missing one on one with the goalie. Truth be told, the away keeper decided to have their best game in our home games and one can only hope that next season the same won't be repeated.

Yeah United is lucky that EL title grants victor direct qualification to CL . However, I feel like you are saying that players should go home and feel ashamed with their achievement . Should they have quit EL and concentrate on the league like Spurs did ? Did you see how that turned out for them ? :))

Where are these statements about the players coming from Marcus? Did I say that? What I feel is that United had a bad season which was masked by Europa league success. What I said is that players should feel lucky that they were still able to make it to UCL with a mediocre season. How is that wrong?

I made the comparison but obviously trying to highlight that when Madrid was spending huge money , fans and president didn't expect them just to win La Liga or finish top 4 , but win European trophies which they have failed to do from 2002 till 2014 . Madrid's objectives are always global not like Uniteds who can be pretty happy with domestic dominance and some quality performances in CL . Madrid is expected to do well in CL after splashing huge sums on worlds best players , not players like Mkhitaryan or Bailly who probably wouldn't make the bench at Madird . Again , point is that your league expectations are too ambitious with squad you have so be patient this drought will be over unless you go crazy with money and become Liverpool .

Are you serious with this statement? Madrid's expectations were global? Madrid struggled to win la Liga twice in 90's before Galacticos were brought. Perez came and bought Beckham, Figo, Zidane, and Ronaldo which won Real 2 or 3 La Ligas in the next 6 years. Unfortunately for Real, Barcelona's youth came in which ended the Galactico era. There are two problems with your statement there. How can a team that can't win its own league have global goals? To explain to you, again, both United and Real (of 90's) aren't in much dissimilar positions...i.e.both struggled to win their respective leagues before splashing the cash. Again, do tell me, what makes you think United's goals aren't global and only Real's were? Any ways, the point I'm trying to make, and made is that I never expected an EPL title from United in Jose's first year. But a top 4 finish isn't unreasonable.

Again, would quitting EL made an improvement in top 4 race ? You have clear chance to take EL and you think that it is success to finish top 4 .. **** if you go like this you might become Arsenal .

No, you simply don't see it do you? Quitting the top 4 race for EL is stupid. It comes down to one game when you had the chance to go to UCL over 38 games. Like I said, United had a fairly easy path to EL this time around. Imagine if the likes of Sevilla or Roma played in the final. Would United have won? Looking back, its all easy to say that yes that's the right approach, and had Ajax played a little counter, they would have created problems for United. But to answer your question, 2-3 months ago, what were United's chances?

Expect to finish in top 4 against 5 other top clubs ? Ok mate , this is not so easy . And why disrespect Everton ? Everton caliber player is one of the greatest players your club ever had .. should i give you hint who ? However, you muscled him out of Everton with money!

How is calling Everton a 6th place club disrespecting them? They haven't finished above 6th place (except once) in the last 10 odd years. So you're asking me to call a 6th place club the champions of England? What's next? Calling Hull City a Championship team an insult to them? Well...besides the one or two players that they produced in the past 20 years, if you think Everton players are all world beaters, why doesn't Chelsea raid Everton next time and buy someone other than Lukaku to add to their squad?

This is the problem i always had with United fans . Always looking down on everyone ! It makes me happy that you are being tossed around because every bit of shame you deserve it . Well since Jose joined United , i am sort of rooting for Jose ( just enough where he is still worse than Chelsea ) .

Most realistic and right approach was to go all in on Europa League just like Chelsea did in CL 2011-12 . It was smart decision that paid off ! Not only you have a title but god damn access to CL !! If you don't want it ? I bet you Guardiola would have swapped places with Mourinho right now ! No throphie and barely making into top 4 ( Liverpool also ) yet still so far behind Spurs and Chelsea ..

What your problem is that you fail to comprehend what we're asking and instead start making assumptions. I thought for a bit maybe you're trying to make an argument. But after I read this part of it, I couldn't help but feel that my argument was being made against an illogical and scornful person. Your blind hatred for United is actually pretty amusing, and my friend, do make statements that us United fans are looking down at you. In reality, I think you're confusing our pity with arrogance, and that my friend is sad. Being a Jose fan boy, and trying to defend this every decision, even when he's wrong, must surely make you feel proud. Like I said above, letting the season to come down to one game (as realistic as it would have been IF we lost the final) when you had 10 games remaining to do the same thing is stupid, let alone the entire season. Surely, not one I expect any coach to do, let alone Jose.