Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Raphael Varane - Madrid's next superstar
Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Already at the age of 19, Raphael Varane has stolen the spotlight from Ricardo Carvalho, Pepe, and now even Sergio Ramos. He's been one of Madrid's best talents in the past few years, and to see him shine in the world's biggest stage at an age so tender and young is quite unbelievable. Honestly, I hope this guy stays his entire career at Madrid, because he can easily surpass Sergio Ramos, and hopefully he can become the next Fernando Hierro at Madrid too. Watching him play at center back is almost as wonderful as watching Lionel Messi or Zinedine Zidane. This guy's elegance in defending is unbelievable. Anyone know that during the two legs of the Copa del Rey against Barcelona, this guy scored two of Madrid's four goals (as much as Ronaldo), made a clearance off the goal line, made a magnificent last-man tackle on Cesc Fabregas, and he didn't commit a single foul. Just watch.

Comments
Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I sure as hell hope that this kid stays at Madrid. I think the promise was that one day Zinedine Zidane will return to coach at Madrid, and that Raphael will be in the squad at the time. Zidane's been given a smaller coaching role at Real's youth team to build experience, and he might go out of Madrid to experience coaching at a different club, but he's ultimately going to end up at Madrid. The good thing is though, unlike Mourinho, Zidane is loved and adored by Madrid fans and the Spanish media, so I don't think that he'll have any problems with the media like "The Special One". Also, Zidane (despite his temper), is a very humble guy, so I hope the Clasicos get a little cleaner with him in charge too.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I think a Zidane era would be a fricking great era for Madrid.

Imagine the talent he would attract, and be able to spot. My mouth is watering on your behalf. 

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

It could be amazing to see Zidan manage Madrid, but it could also be terrible. He'd be in charge of one of the most demanding spots. If he fails Madridfans will turn on him as his reputation tarnished. I've never seen him manage so I can't say how he would do. 

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

Upcoming star. And his tackles ... Mmmm.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Raimondo

Well, there's three types of managers.

1. Managers who were once great players but couldn't replicate their success. (e.g. Maradona)

2. Managers who are absolute gems. Had/has brilliant success with their playing and managing career (e.g. Cruyff, Laudrup, Guardiola).

3. Managers who didn't have any playing experience or very little, and yet become great managers (e.g. AVB, Mourinho)

I'm hoping that Zidane becomes the type of manager who has great success in both parts of his career, but he needs some serious managing experience first. I think managing a French team in Ligue 1 would benefit him a lot, and we'll get some idea of his skills and tactics as well. Hopefully he can use his World Cup/Champions League/EURO Cup winning experience for the better. :)

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Raimondo

And I hope that Madridistas don't turn on Zidane if he fails. They held a standing ovation for Zidane on his final game and Zidane was brought to tears. Hopefully the loving affection continues, since Zinedine is one of our all-time legends. :)

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I'm not trying to offend. I just hope he doesn't get treated like crap. He's a legend. If he does manage Madrid he has to succeed. 

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Rai

Don't worry, I'm not offended. I understand what you're trying to say. I'm hopin' for the same thing you are. ;)

TheTruth 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 5 246

Great defender! In the near future Clasicos, I'm hoping for Deulofeu vs Varane!!

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@TheTruth

First Barca need to get rid of unnecessary attackers that they don't use, like Sanchez and Villa. Then they need to create more playing time for Tello so that Deulofeu can break into the team. Hopefully we might see a Tello - Messi - Deulofeu in the next 3 years. :D

ironfist2010 11 years ago
Real Madrid, Egypt 69 907

he's a GREAT talent indeed :) n i hope he'll stay at madrid till he retires ! i'm really impressed how can a young defender show this world class performance at the age of 19 !! he's on his way to superpass ramos very soon !
he also has very good dribbling skills , just look at the minute 8:34 in this video and see what he did to 3 barca players surrounding him ! Amazing !!
btw , rom7ooo's videos always rock ! thanks for sharing Dynastian

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Very good player!!!!