Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ranking the new central midfielder signing in the top EPL teams - xhaka vs pogba vs kante vs wanyama vs wijnaldum vs gundogan
JimBleedsArsenal 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal, England 3 691

xhaka vs pogba vs kante vs wanyama vs wijnaldum vs gundogan
thats new central midfielder signings from the top 6 teams in england.......how would you rank them???.....they are all relatively young too aged between 23-25.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

thats new central midfielder signings from the top 6 teams in england.......how would you rank them???

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@saatvik 100% agree with you lad, if I had any vote left, I would upvote your comment. +1

I also have to agree with KTB and Sunflash but its good to have some optimism toward what you team can do.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Time to update my list once more! :D

First list:
Pogba
Kante
Gundogan
Xhaka
Wanyama
Wijnaldum

Previous list:
Kante
Xhaka
Pogba
Gundogan
Wanyama
Wijnaldum

New list:
Kanta
Pogba
Wanyama
Gundogan (would be higher if he could keep fit)
Wijnaldum
Xhaka (really haven't been shining since the start of the year)

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

If I had to rank them I'd go Pogba, Kante, Xhaka, Gundogan, Wanyama. Wijnaldum is not a CM, he played that role sparingly and to little effect last season.

That was my earlier rank. I hinted towards keeping it the same, but Pogba just hasn't been good enough.

Kante
Pogba
Wanyama
Xhaka
Gundogan

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Fair enough. +1

JozeMourinho 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Kante
Wanyama
Xhaka
Wijnaldum
Pogba
Gundogan

@Dynastian Kante>Casemiro due to the simple fact he won the league with someone called Drinkwater and not Modric.

Why he would go to Bayern/RM/U...ehm Barca? He has 1st team football and UCL soon pretty much what all those teams offer. The only thing Chelsea can't offer at this moment is Semi-final finalist spot. The rest after next year are happening and I am only saying that because Conte wasn't that great in UCL with Juventus.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Kante
Wanyama
Xhaka
Pogba
Gundogan

@Dynastian Kante>Casemiro due to the simple fact he won the league with someone called Drinkwater and not Modric.

Kante
Wanyama
Xhaka
Pogba
Gundogan

Why he would go to Bayern/RM/Chelsea? He has 1st team football and UCL soon pretty much what all those teams offer. The only thing Chelsea can't offer at this moment is Semi-final finalist spot. The rest after next year are happening and I am only saying that because Conte wasn't that great in UCL with Juventus.

Kante
Wanyama
Xhaka
Pogba
Gundogan

Why he would go to Bayern/RM/U...ehm Barca? He has 1st team football and UCL soon pretty much what all those teams offer. The only thing Chelsea can't offer at this moment is Semi-final finalist spot. The rest after next year are happening and I am only saying that because Conte wasn't that great in UCL with Juventus.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@JozeMourinho Aren't you answering Dynast comment from another thread though?

Kante>Casemiro due to the simple fact he won the league with someone called Drinkwater and not Modric.

I agree however that this is a good point. XD Gotta love Kante. Chelsea sure are lucky to have him, or actually, they are lucky that they were the one who managed buy him first. :D

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

Kante
Wanyama
Wijnaldum
Pogba
Xhaka
Gundogan....only last because he hasn't played enough...or he'd be 2nd

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

This:

Damn, you lot are really all over Conte's nuts aren't you?
He's had a good start for sure, but overreacting the the immediate success (or failure for that matter) of anyone usually is not the best course of action. Excellent starts usually have a way of disappointing sooner or later.

And this:

Wijnaldum is better tahn all of them

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

Kante up and Xhaka down from my initial list..

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

New list:
Kante
Pogba
Wanyama
Wijnaldum
Xhaka
Gundogan

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I would play Kante on first 2 places, he's playing for 2 ingame.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy
Manager: What you mean, I putted too much player on the field?
Ref: You put Kante.
M: So what?
R: He count for 2 player, its unfair playing him and 10 player.
M: Oh well, can't argue with that.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

exactly!

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

My list
Kante, (1st in the League)
Wanyama, (2nd in league
Wihjnaldum, (4th in league)
pogba, (5th in league
gundogan (4th/injured/ kept mancity in Ucl with goal against barca) lets replace with
Xhaka (6th in league)

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

Kante (way above most)
Gundogan
Wijnaldum
Wanyama
Xhaka
Pogba

srk_rox 7 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

Kante is good. But, certainly not the way he is hyped around..
Hard tackler, hard worker..
doesn't contribute much going forward. Guess that part is taken care by Matic..
A word of caution: Players in EPL doesn't protect the ball much. I say this from the number of times Liverpool wins the balls in midfield from pressing.. And also from the number of time Liverpool loses the ball..
When you play French clubs, they will protect it well..
Next Spanish teams are tactical.. His pressing would only result in getting caught out of position and would be heavily punished by them.. We have to wait for next year UCL to watch how he adapts..

Wijnaldum is like fox in the box. He runs into the box out of nowhere and contributes for the goal.
He scored some significant goals against Chelsea, City.. Not a CM though..

Pogba: I don't watch that many Man Utd matches to understand his complete outlook or profile.. There were a lot of instances of him getting caught out of position and putting his midfield mates like Herrera in difficult positions.. A lot of my friends defend him a lot. So I guess he isn't that bad.. Somehow he has to improve positional discipline. Probably he will learn it through experience.

On rating:: They say the greatest fight is done in the head.. I can compare strikers... defenders.. goalkeepers..
But, I don;t know on what basis I can rate midfielders, with each of diff kind, doing diff roles for a team.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

Kante is good. But, certainly not the way he is hyped around..

Disagree. He should be more hyped around than he is. And he really shouldn't contribute forward much. With that said, he's already scored 2 goals for us.

I don;t know on what basis I can rate midfielders, with each of diff kind, doing diff roles for a team.

Agree. It all comes down to personal preferences I guess, or which player contributes the most to his club.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Disagree. He should be more hyped around than he is. And he really shouldn't contribute forward much. With that said, he's already scored 2 goals for us.

Depends. He's an excellent CM, no doubt, but those who are highlighting him as the premier league's best player are overrating considerably. He's not even the best player on his own team.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

It was like 'Kante is most underrated player in PL, reason behind Leicester City' and etc. Now it's only people who think Kante is best midfielder in world. Don't get me wrong, Kante really is fantastic player but people judge him quick. Gueye (from Everton) is playing whole season almost on same level as Kante and still doesn't get the praise he deserves.

@JozeMourinho, no that's not the way it is supposed to be. Leicester won league, not only Kante. Thinking that Kante is better than Casemiro because Modric is playing right next to him is something stupid. As I said in first part of comment. Kante is getting overrated by some people. He is one of most hardworking players around but that doesn't make him best.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Looks like Pogba VS Kante : Kante wins it for me.

Kante is the definition of the right time, the right place and the right move. Impressive pass completion, perfect first touch, world class ball control, fast and explosive, perfect vision and game reading, The one who wins the most balls of the moment...

Consistent, precise, and give his mind a serious edge on opposition.
And he is not that bad offensively but it's not really his job and for me he will surely progress in that matter.

Pogba for me Is what we call rough potential, he can dribble anyone and has one of the best shooting but for me he doesn't have champs mentality, he should have matured now he isn't a youngster anymore so his off forms or lost balls are no longer forgiven by his age. His off pitch life doesn't look like a true professional player, at Juve he was part of a team and was doing good, but he is no player a team could build arround him, thats risky to depend on his form. He still doesn't make the perfect decision, he does some amazing ones but he still needs more consistency to step level, He stopped progressing for me.