Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

lol

Comments
ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

xD he is pissed

FredTilson 11 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

I agree with him. He's just doing his job. And with it being more or less confirmed that he is going at the end of the season, what's the point of protesting against him?

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

He is right even tho I don't like him. The fans should not be an assholes too enough is enough he won't stay forever here and whatever they are doing is just affecting our players in a bad way. They should support them regardless of having such a silly manager it's just a temporary contract till summer and hopefully we will get back Mou on a very long term this time. 

Vendetta 11 years ago

Why should we support him? He promised to gain the fans support by winning games and playing beautifully. Until now, he has not done that. Then he blames the fans if we don't make it to the top 4? Fuck him. He is filled with talented players and when he finally acknowledges us, he decides to blame us! The fans who pay top dollar/pounds to watch Chelsea home or away don't support him, then so be it. He deserves the hate for what he said to us in the past and what he does to us now. Take Inter for example. From Champions League winners to mediocre mid-table team. Rafa out!

FredTilson 11 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

Rafa is already out, you want him to leave right now and hire another interim coach?

Vendetta 11 years ago

He is no where near out. This man can single handedly make us not make it to the top 4. Anyone would be a better option than Benitez at the moment if we want to qualify for the CL.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Look, @V I don't want to meddle as I feel it's not my place in this instance, but I would like to point out a few things to give Chelsea fans an insight from a neutral's perspective who has no emotional attachment to the outcome.

#1- So Rafa made few cheeky remarks about the Chelsea fans when he was Liverpool manager a few years ago. It's completely understandable to have expected him to get a little stick for it but this has gone far far far beyond that.  (I'll elaborate on point #2). Let's not overlook the fact that at the time, Chelsea's own boss (JM) was engineering a merciless character assassination of not only Rafa (who was his favourite target) but many other managers including Arsene Wenger himself. Now, I know how much Chelsea fans revere Mourinho so I will refrain from discussing his antics further but I just wanted to ensure that we all remember it wasn't a comment that was unprovoked or that occured in isolation.

#2- I think it is important for the Chelsea fans and club to analyze real issues behind the fans's reaction towards the manager. I think I would speak for most neutral's (and indeed some Chelsea fans I know) in saying that I believe that the is behavior towards Rafa himself has been over the top and that the intensity of the vitriol is a unjustified. LET ME BE CLEAR, I am not saying the fans don't have a right to be aggreived; indeed, I think they are correct to speak out but I believe their ire has been misdirected. You see, the gross overreaction on the part of the Chelsea faithful has, in actuality, little to do with any comments Rafa has made in the past. It is my belief that all this Anti-Rafa movement/sentiment is really a human expression of the fans' frustration & dissapointment with the clubs hierarchy. They have been forced to watch many a respected personality forced out of the club by the owner and were powerless to do anything about it.  Their continuous disenfranchisement by the club and endurance of instability has been tempered only by unprecedented success. However, the tension was brought to a crescendo with the sacking of club legend RDM. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. And so, in a wave of "enough-is-enough" sentiment the fans made themselves heard by excessive remonstrations over the appointment of the hapless spaniard. 

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

#3- The dilemma of course is that the person they really have issue with is none other than Roman Abramovich himself. However, they are all too aware of the debt they owe to him from rescuing the club from financial ruin and relegation and providing them with years of entertainment and unmatched success. But what could they do? Bite the hand that feeds them. Insult a man who has done so much to preserve and enhance their beloved club? NO. So the next best thing is to attack the incoming manager, little more than a symbol of the faults of the un-
hate-able owner. 

#4- Lastly, I would argue that whether or not you hate Benitez, whether or not you are angry with the club's direction and ownership, whether or not you dislike the football on display, it is undeniable that Rafa is correct in pointing out that the fans' bilious humour will do little more than to further harm their own teams' propsects of finishing the CL.  COUNTLESS former players, managers, pundits, and players in the current squad have intimated that the fact that the hostility of the fans hampers performance and leaves the instructions of the manager harder to implement correctly. If the fans do not mind chopping their noses off to spite their own faces then by all means they should continue down this road. If, as I suspect, they actually DO want their club to finish in a CL Spot so that they could regroup properly in the summer and bring in the CL-caliber players then they would do well to head the words of these countless people and swallow their discontent for the rest of the season.

I would like to finish by saying that I am not a Benitez-lover and indeed I have no real stake in how this ends for the club. I want to apologize if you feel like I've talked out of turn or butted in but I have for 1 reason: we all suffer from the disenfranchisement of fans by owner's/club boards. This is an increasingly worrying problem in modern football and it's something that almost all Prem League fans can empathize with.  If you want to address it at your club, you need to take the hard decision to direct the justified anger at the right people and only then can there be some sort of development (good or bad). 

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Not trying to rile up Chelsea fans either, or you in particular, Vendetta, but Footaholic hits it right on the head.

Anyone could understand your frustration. But Benitez is only a scapegoat. The problems are more deeply ingrained, and Foot has identified them perfectly, in my opinion.

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

"Rafail Benitez" - I see what you did there.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I think he's trying to get himself fired, so he can start looking now for another job. :p

Vendetta 11 years ago

I completely agree with you @Footaholic but it goes beyond that from my view. Roman, as a Chelsea fan, thinks like a Chelsea fan. He looks at other team's players or at managers and judges by how well they did or are doing. Fernando Torres is a perfect example of Roman trying to make Chelsea better. He didn't send scouts, medics, or anything. He just judged him on his success from 2007 to 2010. Which brings me to Roman and the board picking out managers. We all know hiring RDM was never supposed to happen. He somehow led our team to the CL and Roman had no other choice but to hire him. Most of us also know Roman wanted Pep as much as possible. First thing to do is get rid of RDM when the chance came (3-0) then he wouldn't have  to deal with him later incase RDM won a trophy this season (Note that this is what I BELIEVED was going on the whole time) Then comes Benitez...

Roman and the board are obviously at fault here for hiring Benitez, but why did Rafa accept in the first place. He never did anything good to us so far. He never apoligized when he had the chance. He said he would win the fan's support by winning, but losses to QPR, West Ham, and Swansea just makes it worse for us.  His squad rotation is complete crap, and any manager who gets his game affected by fan's boos shouldn't even manage that team. Mourinho seems to be okay even when there a rumors of argumets with players and boos by RM fans. He knew EXACTLY what he signed up for and he still decided to sign. 

Other than what I pointed out above, most of what you said is correct and I can't argue with it.