Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Rafael leaves MU to Lyon. Good bye and thank you.
tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Well,

As predicted, Rafael's day in Manchester United has come to an end. The Brazilian full-back will move to Lyon in a (reportedly) £2.5 million, he signed a 4 years deal.

Rafael was one of the youngster found by Sir. Alex (Fluminense in 2008) and had evolved a lot since then, he was still used by Moyes, but played NO part in Luis van Gaal's future plan. Especially we bought the Italian Matteo Darmian. Last year he only played 6 games. He has played in total 170 games and scored 5 goals.

Anyway, for me he was great, a bit clumsy at time but always fought with his heart.

Best of luck, and thank you for your service, mate!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well,

As predicted, Rafael's day in Manchester United has come to an end. The Brazilian full-back will move to Lyon in a (reportedly) £2.5 million, he signed a 4 years deal.

Rafael was one of the youngster found by Sir. Alex (Fluminense in 2008) and had evolved a lot since then, he was still used by Moyes, but played NO part in Luis van Gaal's future plan. Especially we bought the Italian Matteo Darmian. Last year he only played 6 games. He has played in total 170 games and scored 5 goals.

Anyway, for he he was great, a bit clumsy at time but always fought with his heart.

Best of luck, and thank you for your service mate

Well,

Anyway, for he he was great, a bit clumsy at time but always fought with his heart.

Well,

Well,

Comments
tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Surprising but at the same time interesting transfer for Lyon who keep the youngster forming philosophy.

ashwin1729 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

I still say that he's better than Darmian...good luck Rafael!

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

I dont know, I feel like this year's transfer market has been full of surprises.

Well, I wish him the best of luck!

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@ashwin, agreed mate. We should've kept him because he is about to enter the prime of his career. Don't understand why we're selling so low, especially since his market value is 4x what Lyon paid.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Ten times better than Valencia, younger and probably with a lower wage as well... He was a decent player for the squad and gave his best during his 8 years at the club. We are losing all the SAF base players and that is sad..

ashwin1729 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

@TheGame: I don't understand this either. Considering he's entering his prime, this move does not make sense unless he has had an argument with van Gaal.

@Tuanis: Valencia actually performed well last year. I wouldn't say 10x better, but after watching Valencia play last year, I'd say they're both the same. But Rafael does provide that spark when you're going forward.

@TheGame & Tuanis: I think LVG is trying to make this his team, and put a stamp on it. So he is selling all Fergie's players, as they're used to the Fergie philosophy. Only players he kept are Rooney and Carrick, which he knows are extremely hard to replace.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Both Da Silva brothers gone now, end of an era.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Exactly guys, we should have kept him. LVG is building his new empire which I understand he has his favourites. But seeing those great players leaving is so sad.

@Tuanis: I agree, he's better than Valencia and cheaper