Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

racism in football
MRarsenal500 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 59 741

in the past few weeks i have seen racism in football like fans making monkey gestures at black football players. in swansea 3-4 norwich a fan did a monkey gesture to sebastian bassong, in chelsea 2-3 man utd a fan made a monkey gesture to welbeck and sunderland 2-4 west brom a fan did a monkey gesture to lukaku.

This racism thing has gone too far from fans and need to stop. the police are already investigating 

Comments
CristianoRonaldo7 11 years ago
Real Madrid, Portugal 2 71

NO RESPECT NO FOOTBALL   i think racism really must stop..

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

A dull and obvious comment, CR7, no disrespect - I'm sure everyone wants end eacism.

The anti-racism campaigns just doesn't work at all, as I learned from raimondo90 - it is just one of those things that can't be treated within a short period of time. The most effective way to end racism is to teach young children about the negative impacts of it, then hopefully in the future, the rate of racism will decrease.

So unfortunately for you, MRarsenal500, you're gonna have to persevere through it. The monkey gesture is NOTHING compared to the level of racism shown in other countries. And why are the police investigating this now? They should have done it a few decades ago.

FredTilson 11 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

IMO, its a reflection of society. If there is racism in society, it will spillover to the stadiums as well. In fact, trying to suppress it just in the game may create the false illusion that there is no racism. it is like treating the symptom rather than the cause. The focus should be on eliminating racism at the grassroots level and hopefully that would eliminate it in the stadiums as well.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I've come to wonder how much of it is even sincere, lately. It's like when you see obviously offensive comments on YouTube, or whatever, which cannot possibly be sincere, but manage to troll people. It's almost fashionable nowadays to say something outrageous and/or disgusting, just to get under someone else's skin, and try to make them feel crappy or get them all worked up.

It's despicable, either way, but I do wonder if it's less about actual, true racism, and more about the fact that people don't take racism seriously enough anymore to refrain from doing it. As though it's just 'funny'. Like it doesn't 'matter' any more, so they feel no shame in being a cartoon, if they get the satisfaction of rattling an opposing team's player(s).

Of course, I'm not going to pretend for an instant that racism doesn't exist, but it just seems too much of a coincidence to me that this monkey chant stuff has started up over here, since we heard it was a big deal in Italy and Spain, and pissed a lot of black players off.

I think the arsehole segment of our society simply thought: 'Aha! That's a good, new way to be an arsehole!'. In no way whatsoever would that make it okay, or excusable. I just wasn't reading too many instances of racist chants in this country until it became news that it was becoming a 'thing' in other leagues.

Does that make sense, or am I late-night babbling?

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

i agree with heisn,it seems impossible to stop it

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Just ban Racist players. Period.

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Id should be freedom of speach.. If they ban something. like for say: raceism they will soon be banning everyones else than the majoritys opinion. 

You should be able to think what you want. you other guys here are just so brainwashed by media...