Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Quick summary of the Neymar case.
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

So basically, it seem like the source behind the reveal of Neymar moving to PSG were real, from what I seem to understand. Neymar was hoping of joining PSG and making it his own team, similar to how Barcelona could be considered to be Messi team. I mean basically, it got it all, Brazilian team-mate, few player that could compete with him as the top man of the team, yet enough quality to achieve great thing. All in all, it was his plan for getting out of Messi shadow. However in the mind of the source who release the information, it is clear that Neymar have changed his mind following a discution with some of his team-mate. Messi and Suarez in particular. It is believed he will propably remain after all. Too bad for PSG and their fan, they could have really used a player of his talent. :( Even if the prize was a bit crazy. For the rest of the story, it seem pretty believable, Neymar is still somewhat of a young player who can be the victim of doubt and might have ambition of his own. Any thought?

My source for this summary are an interview on Eurosport with the guy who actually announced Neymar would join PSG.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So basically, it seem like the source behind the reveal of Neymar moving to PSG were real, from what I seem to understand. Neymar was hoping of joining PSG and making it his own team, similar to how Barcelona could be considered to be Messi team. I mean basically, it got it all, Brazilian team-mate, few player that could compete with him as the top man of the team, yet enough quality to achieve great thing. All in all, it was his plan for getting out of Messi shadow. However in the mind of the source who release the information, it is clear that Neymar have changed his mind following a discution with some of his team-mate. Messi and Suarez in particular. It is believed he will propably remain after all. Too bad for PSG and their fan, they could have really used a player of his talent. :( Even if the prize was a bit crazy. For the rest of the story, it seem pretty believable, Neymar is still somewhat of a young player who can be the victim of doubt and might have ambition of his own. Any thought?

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Not every forward is like Cristiano or Zlatan. Forwards do not age well.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@emo he would have been just fine ! Ramirez I remember was very skinny and weak but then he got bulkier and started to push players around like a CDM .

As far as the age of Neymar's co stars . That is at least 3 more years in the shadow of Messi and even in shadow of Suarez .

Eto , Ibrahimovich , Villa all were pushed out when they didn't play around Messi . It is just suspicious to me that when Messi needed that spot of a striker others were pushed out and Barcelona did the right thing because it paid off . Neymar was promised to be fenomenal by the age of 25 and yet he still drags his body out wide while praising Messi as his amazing mentor . Mate it is about time you start to show what you were truely meant to become .

I have always been fan of the guy and as every one talked I also thought he will be next Pelé but the guy probably won't even reach level Ronaldinho forget about Pelé .

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Dynast Thats true, player like Aguero for example are starting too look less good as time goes by. Most of the foward have a tendency to fill more of a support role or simply stop playing when they reach an older age.

@Marcus2011 Well, in my opinion, he still one of the best Brazilian player in the world at the moment wich isn't too bad in itself. Also, like dynast said, soon, Suarez age should catch up to him and Neymar will be able to play an more important role. Seem to me Messi and Suarez are both ready to give him more chance to shine as well, as seen in the friendly game they played as of now. But I think its interesting to see people who think he should move. I know I wouldn't mind it myself even if I'm not sure wether its the best move for him or not.

• History

@Dynast Thats true, player like Aguero for example are starting too look less good as time goes by. Most of the foward have a tendency to fill more of a support role or simply stop playing when they reach an older age.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Being the best Brazilian doesn't hold much merit nowadays. None of the Brazilians today are come even close to the Brazilians of old.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Being the best Brazilian doesn't hold much merit nowadays. None of the Brazilians today are come even close to the Brazilians of old.

Regrettably true. I find nostalgia often plays a role in this type of thinking, but damn the Brazilian talent pool is putting out different players these days.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I think it's fair to say that Marcelo is an amazing successor of Roberto Carlos and Rafinha is a respected right back like Cafu once was.
The rest don't really have the same mentality, I find Neymar's character worse than Robinho's, they both act as bad boys and don't follow the examples of nice guys like Ronaldinho and Kaka once were.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

you can't compare Cafu to Rafinha, you just don't mate..

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Sry

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

I think Neymar could still have the best of his form if he leaves Barça. If he is not happy, he should leave. And to be honest I think Neymar will win BallonD'or after this season. Whether he leaves Barça or remains.
The morale and the mood of the players are always the most important. It doesn't only affect you, it also affects the team spirit.

• History

I think Neymar could still have the best of his form if he leaves Barça. If he is not happy, he should leave. And to be honest I think Neymar will win BallonD'or after this season. Whether he leaves Barça or remains.

The moral and the mood of the players are always the most important. It doesn't only affect you, it also affect the team spirit.

The morale and the mood of the players are always the most important. It doesn't only affect you, it also affect the team spirit.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Chinese online travel agency Ctrip have confirmed they have cancelled a fans’ day with Neymar next week because he is “dealing with transfer business”.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@quikzyyy I think its fair to say this as become a transfer saga at this point. :( Also, I know it was said in another post but Neymar had a dispute with team-mate Nelson Semedo. Not really looking like Neymar is enjoying his time at Barca right now.

@Emre Agreed, if he stay with the wrong mentality, then of course it is then that he will perform poorly. If what he really need is a move, then he should go ahead.