Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Question for you guys..
saatvik102 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 8 89

Imagine you are a goalkeeper in a top class team. What would you prefer??

A. That you face many shots each game so that you can save many of them and earn praise from media, your coach, teammates, etc. But then again more shots means more chances of conceding goals and more are the chances of your making a mistake that leads to a loss for your team. So more chances of being mocked and being dropped for the next game.

B. That you face minimum shots per game, so that you have less chance of conceding and making a mistake and losing the game for your side. But this will mean you will stay away from the limelight and people will never rate you as high as your teammates. Even though you may be a very good goalkeeper but in public perception you will never reach the levels of Manuel Neuer.

In real life, it doesn't matter what the goalkeeper wants because he has to save every shot he faces, but if given the choice what would you guys prefer??

Comments
Eden17Hazard17 8 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Pffff... B without a doubt.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

B. That's not even a question.

Besides, even if your save % is better than keepers like Neuer, keepers are often measured by their clean sheets, so I doubt you'll get the accolade's you're expecting.

ramaboy10 8 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

B. Easy wins, easy life, easy money.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

B. Also, the comparison with Neuer is funny considering Bayern defense is so good he sometime barely have to work in a single game. :P

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

B almost sums up Neuer.

I would choose A I love football even if I have a defence like Inter's Rannochia.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

A: De Gea
B: Neuer.

I love challenge so I chose A.

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

A cuz i catch 'em all

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Who the f would want to be a goalkeeper?

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

People who love catching balls.

Guilty.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Sunflash Who doesn't like catching ball? :P (Oh dear, might have been better off not saying that...)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Sunflash Who doesn't like catching ball? :P

ashwin1729 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

This is funny...the way you worded makes everyone pick B. The flaw? a few chances means that you have a good defense and you're conceding on one or two shots...fans will call for your head eventually! (DeGea's first season at United)

Scenario A: yes, there are a lot of chances being created, but that's the defense's fault for letting the opposition take so many chances. As a goalie, you can not save them all...and your job is safe.

From a coach/fan's view, everyone knows that more shots means blame is on the defense, and your job is safe. So, I'd go with scenario A.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

A because it gives you more chances to show off your abilities.

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

A... tryhards!! lol

Eden17Hazard17 8 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I can't distinguish between those of you who chose A who are being sarcastic, or genuine. The big thing with B is that your team is more successful which is all that matters.

saatvik102 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 8 89

Okay okay guys Neuer may always have a brilliant defence in front of him, but I just used his name because he is widely regarded as the best GK so..

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

b: unless i'm actually a good keeper.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@liomessi Thats actually a good point. :P