Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

PSQ 2019/2020 Squad
Marshall2118 5 years ago
Paris Saint Germain 5 88

With the signings of Navas and Icardi at PSG and the fact that Neymar will not be leaving this year, PSG seems to have an impressive lineup and bench. Obviously there is tension in the club because of Neymar and you add to this Icardi who is not an easy player to manage. Things could go wrong but if we look only at the lineup I think this is the best squad the club has ever had.

----------------------Navas----------------------
Meunier---Silva---Marquinhos---Bernat
----------------------Gueye----------------------
----------Verratti--------------Sarabia--------
--------Mbappe----------------Neymar-------
------------------------Icardi----------------------

Bench: Cavani, Di Maria, Herrera, Dialo, Kimpembe, Draxler, Kherer, Kuzawa, Paredes, ...

How do you think this squad compares to europe's best (Liverpool, City, Barca, Juve, Bayern, Atletico, Real, ...) ?

Comments
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

Its not bad, thats for sure, lot of what realize is wether the club can glue together, stay away from the drama (Icardi is pretty good at getting caught in drama from what I heard) and also wether or not Tuchel can bring out the best out of his team. Quality wise, PSG certainly got something good going.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

PSG will win domestic league and cup, but again will loose in UCL.

Honestly, no matter what line up they had over the years, there is just this aura around the team, management and players that tells me " we are here just to make noise". Only Neymar won CL out of that bunch, and he never had his acts together since. He played for amazing Barcelona side, with great leaders all over the pitch, but in PSG I barely see stand out leader that can change the course of the game.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@Marcus2011 Thats a good point, PSG does kind of lack a leader. Don't get me wrong, they got Silva who've been here for a well but he isn't real leader for me. Sadly, leader cannot be buyed, they need to be created at the club, by playing for many year and coming to be respected by their team-mate.

Lebonhommebanal 5 years ago
Paris Saint Germain, France 0 293

Liverpool won the UCL, who was their leader? Do they have a leader since Gerrard?

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Virgil Van Dijk, Mane?

Team of leaders. Even Xerdan Shaqri more of a leader than Neymar. Team without best players still inspired themselves to win in crucial games. I understand you expected big expensive names, but team with great leaders aren’t always expensive, flashy and worlds best players. Not only they are also leaders but also they are winners at heart. They don’t give up, no matter what.

nandaYNWA 5 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

id take my team over yours any day of the week

Marshall2118 5 years ago Edited
Paris Saint Germain 5 88

You said only Neymar won CL at PSG. So what? Who from Liverpool won CL before last year? That been said, we have lacked a true leader it is true. I believe in Marquinhos for that role honestly. Learn from one of the best (Silva). He is now a top defense (perhaps still not as good as Silva at his best) but he has a lot of love for the club (he said he wants to finish his career at PSG) and he always gives 100% and pushes the other players. He can be the man we need for though times during matches.

Also you say Neymar doesn't have his act together. Yes, outside the field. On the field he has crazy stats for PSG. Remember he got injured twice pretty badly.

And to finish, Mbappe is still 20. People expect him to lead and get sometimes disapointed with him but people tend to forget his age, he is still learning. Of all the team leaders that you know, how many were leaders at 19 or 20 (i'm not talking about skills here)? He might step up as well in that sense this year too.

I believe you are been a little harsh on PSG, but obviously in the end we don't know and perhaps you are right :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

You said only Neymar won CL at PSG. So what? Who from Liverpool won CL before last year? That been said, we have lacked a true leader it is true. I believe in Marquinhos for that role honestly. Learn from one of the best (Silva). He is now a top defense (perhaps still not as good as Silva at his best) but he has a lot of love for the club (he said he wants to finish his career at PSG) and he always gives 100% and pushes the other players. He can be the man we need for though times during matches.

Also you say Neymar doesn't have his act together. Yes, outside the field. On the field he has crazy stats for PSG. Remember he got injured twice pretty badly.

And to finish, Mbappe is still 20. People expect him to lead and get sometimes disapointed with him but people tend to forget his age, he is still learning. Of all the team leaders that you know, where they leaders at 19 or 20 (i'm not talking about skills here)? He might step up as well in that sense this year too.

I believe you are been a little harsh on PSG, but obviously in the end we don't know and perhaps you are right :)

And to finish, Mbappe is still 20. People expect him to lead and get sometimes disapointed with him but people tend to forget his age, he is still learning. Of all the team leaders that you know, how many were they leaders at 19 or 20 (i'm not talking about skills here)? He might step up as well in that sense this year too.

Ledley 5 years ago Edited
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Here come the arguments.

Anyways, I think every winning team in UCL in recent years have had a solid GK at the back. Keylor Navas is exactly that, and he will help them go far this year. 2cents

• History

Here come the arguments. ^

Anyways, I think every winning team in UCL in recent years have had a solid GK at the back. Keylor Navas is exactly that, and he will help them go far this year. 2cents

Algerino 5 years ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 844

PSQ will do fine and then lose in the quarter finals.

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

We will see about PSG throughout the season, but I don't think that side you have put is ready to win the CL yet. But Leonardo has done brilliantly since coming back to PSG. The whole Emery era and the start of Tuchel's era wasn't convincing to me. Some of the decisions made (Kehrer for 40 million, compared to Thiago Silva for 30, selling Matuidi for 20 million to then find out Rabiot doesn't want to play in his position, therefore they had to buy Lassana Diarra...). The list goes on really. But Leonardo is a smart and strategical buyer. All those signings were made and they are still in profit.

From what I've seen though, Dagba should start ahead of Meunier, and Sarabia needs to improve his performances (And I'm sure it will, he is a brilliant player). Herrera and Diallo will be interesting. I don't know much about Aouchiche, but I hear he is pretty good.

PSG have always struggled to take that next step that sides like Liverpool and have taken. With the strong squad depth, it will create a competitive squad and players like Herrera and Diallo could become those leaders. Yes Icardi and Neymar aren't the best off the pitch, but they make up for it in big occassions (especially Neymar), it's just unfortunate for him that he's only managed to play 1 CL knockout match, a game where he was brilliant until it was time to shoot. I also think PSG were robbed last season.

I will come back to this thread after the Real Madrid game, they've been poor and pretty boring imo. It seems all they really do is cross the ball. But this will likely change when Hazard comes.

tawqir 5 years ago
Arsenal, Jamaica 4 548

Who is psq

ninoPlay12 5 years ago
Maccabi Paris, France 0 2

Le PSG remportera le championnat national et la coupe mais perdra à nouveau à UCL.
Honnêtement, peu importe la composition de leur équipe au fil des ans, il y a juste cette aura autour de l'équipe, de la direction et des joueurs qui me dit "nous sommes ici pour faire du bruit". Seul Neymar a remporté la victoire sur ce groupe et il n’a jamais eu ses actes ensemble depuis. Il a joué pour l'incroyable équipe de Barcelone, avec de grands leaders sur tout le terrain, mais dans le PSG, je vois à peine un leader se démarquer qui peut changer le cours du match.

Je reviendrai sur ce sujet après le match du Real Madrid, ils ont été pauvres et plutôt ennuyeux. Il semble que tout ce qu'ils fassent est de traverser la balle. Mais cela changera probablement lorsque le danger viendra.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

They got Icardi so what? Just wait untill his coke wife starts drama or he flirts with another guys girlfriend. They self-destructed by acquiring that little brazilian ballerina who now does not want to play and neither fans want him now? This team is almost at a shittier situation than Chelsea from my point of view. Even if they get rid of Neymar who will they get that is equally talented like her and actually have his brain inside his head?

They tripped themselves with that Neymar buy, I mean it backfired so hard.

Personaly I would only get Felix but I doubt this trade will ever happen so since money is not a problem, I would let Neymar rott in the bench or keep having that egocentric behavior without even paying him. Even if Neymar sues them and takes it to court at least I am screwing with him as he screwed my team's chemistry and health.

Don't forget their team is already good enough for conquering everything they just need to stop blowing leads in the 2nd legs and grow up mentally. First the Veratti drama with Barca + his injuries, then Neymar with Cavani bla bla. They need a strong personality in the dressing room or actually let me it call it straight. They need a MAN and not an overpaid new era footballer or puppet manager that just does whatever they ask him.

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited

You said only Neymar won CL at PSG. So what? Who from Liverpool won CL before last year?

Not many, but coach was in the final and other players, although had bitter end year before, are experienced under pressure in CL. PSG players seem to not handle any sort of pressure in CL. PSG has lost more than 3 times when they should have progressed comfortably. It shows big lack winning mentality among players. I am not expert ofcourse, but I would address that issue more than quality of the team because team is talented without a doubt.

PSG has more talent than Liverpool, yet you don't seem to click as well as Liverpool team.

On the field he has crazy stats for PSG. Remember he got injured
twice pretty badly.

In Ligue 1 many players of his caliber would have crazy stats. How is he doing in UCL?
Ok lets give him benefit of the doubt that he needs time to recover from injuries. They can tarnish ones career but maybe this is karma for all diving his does week and week out. I do wish Neymar would end his antics and show his true potential. He still has plenty of time.

Learn from one of the best (Silva)

I never understood how defender like Silva would allow his defense concede 6 goals and one in the last minute. ( I know referees were really bad and did everything for Barcelona to win, but 6.. is way too much) It shows lack of leadership in the crucial moments. I always support the statement that defenses win you titles. Silva should have stood tall organizing back line and calming panic.

Not to mention he again somehow let Manchester score 3 away.. Not the type of captain that will win you titles in CL.

People don't expect Mbappe to lead. I never did. He is still very young. However, being young doesn't mean that he can't step up in minor leadership role supporting his senior players. Showing commitment to win until the end. Instead, he rolled over on his belly against United last year.

To summarize, PSG needs few more years of solid work before they can be true potential challengers if they stick to their philosophy and strategy. Liverpool was crap just 3 years ago. Little by little, signing after signing and with final signing being world class goalkeeper they won CL. Now they are arguably best team in Europe.

• History

You said only Neymar won CL at PSG. So what? Who from Liverpool won CL before last year?

Not many, but coach was in the final and other players, although had bitter end year before, are experienced under pressure in CL. PSG players seem to not handle any sort of pressure in CL. PSG has lost more than 3 times when they should have progressed comfortably. It shows big lack winning mentality among players. I am not expert ofcourse, but I would address that issue more than quality of the team because team is talented without a doubt.

PSG has more talent than Liverpool, yet you don't seem to click as well as Liverpool team.

On the field he has crazy stats for PSG. Remember he got injured
twice pretty badly.

In Ligue 1 many players of his caliber would have crazy stats. How is he doing in UCL?
Ok lets give him benefit of the doubt that he needs time to recover from injuries. They can tarnish ones career but maybe this is karma for all diving his does week and week out. I do wish Neymar would end his antics and show his true potential. He still has plenty of time.

Learn from one of the best (Silva)

I never understood how defender like Silva would allow his defense concede 6 goals and one in the last minute. ( I know referees were really bad and did everything for Barcelona to win, but 6.. is way too much) It shows lack of leadership in the crucial moments. I always support the statement that defenses win you titles. Silva should have stood tall organizing back line and calming panic.

Not to mention he again somehow let Manchester score 3 away.. Not the type of captain i will win you titles in CL.

People don't expect Mbappe to lead. I never did. He is still very young. However, being young doesn't mean that he can't step up in minor leadership role supporting his senior players. Showing commitment to win until the end. Instead, he rolled over on his belly against United last year.

To summarize, PSG needs few more years of solid work before they can be true potential challengers if they stick to their philosophy and strategy. Liverpool was crap just 3 years ago. Little by little, signing after signing and with final signing being world class goalkeeper they won CL. Now they are arguably best team in Europe.

Algerino 5 years ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 844

However, being young doesn't mean that he can't step up in minor leadership role supporting his senior players.

Didnt Mbappe suggest that himself early this summer?