Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

PSG VS Manchester United Post Talk
Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11432

Madness, complete and utter madness. What a game. Feel a bad for PSG, especially considering how dominating they were in term of possession, but seriously, congrats to Manchester United. Ole is propably staying next season, don't you guys think? Share you're thought on the game please guys.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention it but CL football is best football, especially this season.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Madness, complete and utter madness. What a game. Feel a bad for PSG, especially considering how dominating they were in term of possession, but seriously, congrats to Manchester United. Ole is propably staying next season, don't you guys think? Share you're thought on the game please guys.

Comments
raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

VAR is just a tool wielded by refs. That's the issue. These refs are never consistent enough and the rules are grey enough were similar situations can have two very different results. I think VAR will improve the longer it's used but currently it's 50/50. Even we the fans weren't aware 100% how it could or couldn't be used. Such as Real Madrid - Ajax were they rewind a decent amount just to see if the ball went out then took about 3min to decide.

My biggest concern is that sometimes the refs are so easy to manipulate into taking a decision. Look at Porto - Roma. Why was the Porto penalty given after the ref willingly reviewed the footage but refused to check the Roma penalty claim. I mean the Porto one was so freaking soft that most refs wouldn't award that. Yeah it's a pull on the shirt but how many times does that happen in a corner or free kick? Are they just gonna award every single pull on the shirt? Why was Roma refused a penalty when the player was clipped from behind? That's a unintentional foul but a foul just as much as Kimpembes hand ball.

That ambiguity is my biggest concern on these calls. The fact refs dont always review plays and just go off of what the VAR ref tells them. They need to pick one method and stick to it. Either review every decision or just believe the VAR.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

My blood boils when thinking of Tuchel chosing Kehrer ahead of Meunier.

Pele my blood boils when Scott McTominay is chosen over Mason Greenwood but what can you do. <3

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Guys, Guys guys nobody can take the achievement United did away from you. It’s written in history no matter the talks. 3 teams loosing home 0-2 out of 144 did it in CL.
Im discussing something really different here, nothing against a team or another. I’m completely neutral don’t take it seriously.
It happened many times first in Ajax-madrid with the incredible offside call, then Porto-Roma. This only went off topic nobody here would take away the effort United put to get through and they did...
I just don’t want to be missunderstood, I’m only discussing the use of this new ref tool...

Ledley 5 years ago

Regarding VAR, it isn’t perfect. But weren’t we complaining to bring it in etc, and corrupt calls, from yesteryear.

You win some, and lose some.

I think it should only be used by players to overturn decisions like in tennis 🎾 with challenges to the umpire. That is only to prevent a ‘howler’ made by the on-field referee. Not the other way round where technology guides the referee on the field.

Technology overruling the referee is what we saw yesterday. Still the process is wrong and the Pk decision should still be made by the referee, however while I feel the process is wrong, I still think it was a penalty, on the edge of the box, or wherever. Handball and would have been a free kick outside the box 📦.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

We are not complaining about VAR. We are complaining about how it is being used.

1. I for once thing it is disgustingly outraged that referee checks VAR whenever he feels like. We either leave those decisions to VAR referee completely like @above people said or referee should review each crucial decisions! Simple.
  2. Don't let VAR to change established logical and rational laws of the game. If someone gets a small shirt pull that doesn't mean we should just award penalty.. we can't be this uptight about everything. I know find that balance isn't easy when player dives and pretends.
    That is why i think players should be punished for diving after the match with match ban or yellows. They punish players after match is over for misconduct or a fight, so why not for diving or perhaps why not overturn red card that was falsely given. Yea, we can't replay the game again but at least player won't be suspended for next game.
Ledley 5 years ago

We are not complaining about VAR. We are complaining about how it is being used.

Marcus please re: read my post. I believe you are arguing with yourself.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

Reading an article about how Roma wanted a penalty against Porto but wasnt given one. It was said that it wasnt obvious. Why cant they reach same conclusion with hanball penalties, and why is VAR so inconsistent regarding on handball penalties...

I’m still trying to digest that penalty and it’s hurting my gut :(

Not saying ref made wrong decision, but it feels like his opinion made the difference, not explicitly the rules.

This loss felt even worse than the ”famous” loss vs barca. It actually took so hard this time I’m taking a lengthy pause from football to refill batteries.

See you whenever I’m back.

• History

Reading an article about how Roma wanted a penalty against Porto but wasnt given one. It was said that it wasnt obvious. Why cant they reach same conclusion with hanball penalties, and why is VAR so inconsistent regarding on handball penalties...

I’m still trying to digest that penalty and it’s hurting my gut :(

Not saying ref made wrong decision, but it feels like his opinion made the difference, not the rules.

This loss felt even worse than the ”famous” loss vs barca. It actually took so hard this time I’m taking a lengthy pause from football to refill batteries.

See you whenever I’m back.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

It is worse in a way, because the ref wasn't particularly against you (other than the pen), the opponent in face wasn't in great form (other than Lukaku) and heck, you're team were still technically in control of the game 90% of the time. I don't mean to be negative toward United but they basically scored 3 goal out of nowhere against you're team which looked seriously better. Its hard to swallow as a fan because its basically not something that should have happen at all. Basically, its a scenario that happen once in a hundred games. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes, thats for sure. My sympathy Pelle, take some some time to come back from this lose. :(

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@pelle well i feel you mate. Its shocking :(.

@Emo: spot on. PSG took us lightly and they paid for that, at the early minutes, Alves even did some showboating which was midly stupid IMO. PSG dominated most of the game, but they just gave us those goals... Not careful enough or stupid.. I dont know.

raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Tuan, just a collection of mistakes. Buffon made a horrendous save. You normally don't see that from him. Areola would have been a better choice almost. Still didn't understand why Buffon was brought in when Areola was good enough.

Ledley 5 years ago

See you whenever I’m back

It’s just a game Pele.

Some of us are at the wind up.

My personal experience comes from PSG fans coming to pubs in London in the early days vs Chelsea and whoever, celebrating they had won the cup in the knockout rounds when they had won the first leg etc. They then held berated we as fans were leaving a pub, Stadium etc. “See you in the Quarter Finals they would say” I knew they would get beaten everytime, especially vs Chelsea (Barring the time they progressed with David Luis ) and PSG had a short site mentality.

You guys have come so far in a short space of time. So you demand instant success. I support Celtic so we have only won 1European Cup and I have only cn Manchester United lift the trophy 🏆 once in my lifetime. You will have your day but st the end of the day so much effort, and luck, especially luck needs to go your way in order to win it.

I wouldn’t take this loss so badly. It’s one game. Your first loss at home this season but look how far your team has come. Eventually, you’ll get there not overnight. One team in Scotland called Hibernian took 114 years to re win the Scottish Cup last winning it in 1902. They had lost their previous 10 finals believing they would never win it again, only to win it in stoppage time a Header from their captain having trailed 2-1 in the 79th minute. The celebrations of that cup are still being told.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

I don’t like when they constantly bring up Chelsea defeat. In 2015 if we had VAR, they wouldn’t have gone through. 2016 all legit victory we were just in crisis. And 2014, they constantly remind us about Zlatan, well they also have a short memory because after that fkc up, refeeee started being lenient on them and didn’t award us crucial decision like another red for them as well as penalty on Hazard. Fans can be extremely biased. I am glad Var is here but they need to step up on how to properly use it.

As far as PSG falling under pressure has become normal when they don’t have much competition in the league. These players crumble as soon things don’t go their way. It isn’t about quality of the players but mentality and discipline. If they had Zlatan in this March he could have rallied them up with his leadership but who they have as experienced leader now? I don’t think this was managers fault but purely players incompetence.

Against Barcelona they also lost under pressure. Sure referees basically awarded victory to Barcelona but to close such a gap takes some serious effort and most of all inability of the players to be disciplined under pressure. They should have went past Barcelona even if referees were against them. It was another 99% progress chance.

Zlatan once said that league 1 doesn’t deserve psg and it is true because competition level for Psg is low and they don’t have week and week out intense games.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Zlatan once said that league 1 doesn’t deserve psg and it is tru competition level for Psg is low and they don’t have week and week out intense games.

if they want competition they should ask QATAR to buy more clubs to increase the competition :) club owned by the country, it's a joke anyways.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

You know I thought the samething!!! Lol 😂

Here is a thing some big corporations do. At times they create artificial competition, so they won’t look like monopoly and customers think that they have a choice. Why not do the same in league 1 lol? Some of those clubs just need a little bit and they will get their return on investment.

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

regrées awarded victory to Barcelona

Result was 6-1, only one PK can be discussed and there was actually a contact. Don’t know why this hate toward Barca are even till now. And even at 5-1 PSG were still qualified...
Maybe people should rewatch games before saying these stupid claims...

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited

Don’t know why this hate toward Barca are even till now

Because your teams gets way too many favors from UEFA. I don't know wether it is for political reasons to keep Catolonia state happy or to make it revolt. Like Transfer ban. Our ban, at Chelsea is immediate, while Barcelonas was effective after one transfer window, so barcelona could stuck their team with needed players. Obviously, you Catalonian club must be good at blow jobs or UEFA, or they blowing each other off.

Same applies to other spanish clubs like Real Madrid who happen to get lucky with UEFA as well year after year and not to mention UCL shady referee calls against same PSG last year.

I watched it and rewatched. PSG was raped by referees. There is even video titles just for you. smh it is like you choose not to see this.

• History

Don’t know why this hate toward Barca are even till now

Because your teams gets way too many favors from UEFA. I don't know wether it is for political reasons to keep Catolonia state happy or to make it revolt. Like Transfer ban. Our ban, at Chelsea is immediate, while Barcelonas was effective after one transfer window, so barcelona could stuck their team with needed players. Obviously, you catolian club must be good at blow jobs or UEFA, or they blowing each other off.

Same applies to other spanish clubs like Real Madrid who happen to get lucky with UEFA as well year after year and not to mention UCL shady referee calls against same PSG last year.

I watched it and rewatched. PSG was raped by referees. There is even video titles just for you. smh it is like you choose not to see this.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

PSG is a bottler but damn they were also wronged by referees. I try to be as objective as I can on this and we don't have to be a smart arse to replay the match and see those evidences online. All recorded in HD. Yet, we still have fans with no humility to admit it.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Areola would have been a better choice almost. Still didn't understand why Buffon was brought in when Areola was good enough.

Thats a very good point imo. To be honest, Buffon other than in term of prestige bring very little to PSG. Shame to see a club focus about the wrong things. Worse is, I heard they want to offer Buffon another year. Seriously, they are complaining they have a hard time keeping young player but its obviously because they aren't giving them enough game time and are signing big name instead of rewarding them for their hard work. Similar to Chelsea in fact if nobody mind me comparing them.

Ledley 5 years ago

QATAR to buy more clubs to increase the competition :) club owned by the country, it's a joke anyways.

Can you imagine the United States owning say Manchester United?. You have a multi-trillion dollar 💵 economy against a couple of successful people who are just a few billionaires. That is dwarfing the competition

That is my issue against teams like PSG and even Man City for that matter.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Ledley The problem is, most of the fan aren't responsible for that, most of them were fan way before the Qatar takeover. I don't know if you knew, but many were actually against it. I believe there is still a group of fan who are actively against it. What I'm trying to say is, yeah, I understand some people despite the way the club is owned by multi-trillion dollar entity as you said, but most of the people around the club, the fan and some of the staff doesn't deserve that hatred from other fan. I just think that it must be a bummer for thos fans when others enjoy their teams defeat for this reason, thats all. :(