Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

PSG v Red Star Belgrade: French Authorities open probe into match fixing.
Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

French authorities are investigating potential match-fixing in Paris St-Germain's 6-1 Champions League win over Red Star Belgrade this month.

A Red Star official allegedly placed a bet of almost 5m euros (£4.3m) for the Serbian club to lose by five goals, reported French newspaper L'Equipe.

The French National Finance Prosecutor (PNF) is investigating the claims after being alerted by Uefa.

Both clubs have denied any wrongdoing.

PSG are third in Champions League Group C, just behind Liverpool but level on three points after two games. Red Star (one point) are bottom of the group topped by Napoli (four).

A Red Star statement read: "FC Red Star with the highest anger and abomination rejects the story.

"The article can harm and bring big damage to our club's reputation and that is why we insist that Uefa and investigators in Serbia and in France investigate the whole story and get the truth.

"Today's technologies and other mechanisms are so improved that it is basically impossible to leave this case unsolved.

"Red Star expects to get the truth at short notice and remove any doubt about our involvement in possible wrongdoing.

In a statement, PSG expressed their "amazement and indignation".

They added: "Paris Saint-Germain reiterates its commitment to a fundamental principle of sport, that of the integrity of competitions and therefore refutes any form of practice that could call into question that integrity."

Brazil forward Neymar scored a hat-trick and Edinson Cavani, Angel di Maria and Kylian Mbappe also netted at Parc des Princes in Paris on 3 October.

Former Germany international Marko Marin scored a second-half goal for Red Star.

Link: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45843131

This comes just after I think the Belgian league was rocked by similar allegations of match fixing.

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

A Red Star official allegedly placed a bet of almost 5m euros (£4.3m) for the Serbian club to lose by five goals, reported French newspaper L'Equipe.

I hope this is either fake or that said official did this on his own. Otherwise, this is very gross and will make Red Star look bad for a while. Still hope its fake though. :(

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6880

Betting on a red star loss is not that controversial though so it could have been an attempt to "fly under the radar" with that bet.

Ledley 6 years ago Edited
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

I think it’s more on Red Star anyhow. Qualification in UCL depends on head-to-head results before goals scored. If true - sad that this stuff still happens.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I think it’s more on Red Star anyhow. Qualification in UCL depends on head-to-head results before goals scored. If true - sad that this stuff still happens in sport probably always will

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@Pelle Yeah, but still, when you bet that kind of amount and have something to do with the club, its obvious people might suspect thing like that. I guess its perfectly normal, I know I wouldn't tell my guys to play at their best with that amount on the line.

EdgarEAM 6 years ago Edited
2 241

Well, i cant access into link.

i hope to result from this investigation. Post new stories about this topic.
I prefer facts not rumors :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well, i cant acces into link.

Well, i hope to result from this invetigation. Post new stories about this topic.

Well, i cant access into link.

Well, i hope to result from this investigation. Post new stories about this topic.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@EdgarEAM Ledley basically copied most of the article in the link in his first post though. He put the link for the sake of providing the source.