Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

PSG Scoffs at FFP... Signs $800m deal with Qatar Tourist Agency
Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

"French football club Paris Saint-Germain has reportedly secured a major new deal with the Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) worth at least €150m ($198m) over each of the next four seasons.

According to a report in Le Parisien newspaper, the agreement will be worth more than €200m in its final season in 2015/16 to the Qatar-owned club.

According to French newspaper, the tourism board’s investment is not a sponsorship agreement but a "vast publicity campaign intended to promote the image of Qatar".

The deal is retroactive, meaning QTA will put the money in the club for 2012 to help PSG bear the cost of their latest signings, including striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic who is reportedly earning a net 14 million euros a year."

Comments
Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

€150m-200m PER YEAR? Oh, and it's not even a sponsorhip deal. That means they still have room to land a fat shirt sponsor as well. Arsenal just a 5 year Sponsorhip deal with Fly Emirates for a TOTAL of ₤150m. This was the 2nd biggest sponsorship deal in history (behind United's very suspect deal with Chevrolet) and everyone was patting each other on the back.  This just blows that out the box! The Qatar Tourism Agency is run by the PSG owner's family. I mean, how blatant of a challenge to FFP can that be? Complete Bullshit

AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

yeah this is fraudulent and cheating like man city deal of 400m. i think man city deal still hasnt satisfied ffp and this psg one shouldnt either. cant see what is suspect about man united deal though. because these teams have also attempted to cover there cheating with more cheating i would delete both football clubs. harsh deterrents needed imo

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

I agree with you Footaholic Thats why I hate that Malaga has been targetet when the real theifs go unharmed. Do i smell bribes to UEFA....?

If they are really serious about FFP they should target the clubs with big deps like MAN U, Barca, Madrid, Atletico before the smaller debted clubs. And if they are really serious about FFP they should seal the loopholes like in your post Footaholic. Its jus pathetic that they just find these loopholes. its like cheating

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@Knibis: I couldn't agree more about UEFA really plugging up any perceived loopholes. Sadly, I don't trust them to have enough nerve to really follow through.

However, it's a bit misleading to say that UEFA are picking on Malaga because they're a smaller club. Their situation is significantly different. Unlike the big clubs in "rolling" debt, Malaga hasn't payed its staff and players for a prolonged period of time and also owe money to fellow football clubs (not just banks). This type of scenario is considered a more immediate trangression and has in the past always been dealt with the same way. These rules pre-date any FFP incentives.

Stanker 11 years ago
Barcelona, Japan 5 238

the ffp rule itself is a joke. it just prevents mediocre teams from being big ones by owing money or attracting investors who intend to pay their money for the teams. the rule is simply the entry barrier to protect the privilege the so-called big clubs including real, barca, and man utd have maintained. platini is fuckin' stupid french moron. in his logic, only barca and man utd earning bunch of trophies every year must monopolize football competitions and small clubs like malaga will never get any chances to surpass them. the good news is, the rule is full of holes and some emerging(or emerged) clubs like chelsea and man city have already found breakthroughs. 

SvenBender6 11 years ago
Borussia Dortmund, Germany 1 38

uefa is really corrupt,gotta agree with knibis

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

It may be suspicious, but if PSG want to promote tourism for Qatar, I think they have the right to do it. And also, you may disagree with me, but Arabs are not so fradulent people, compared to Russians, Italians or Chinese.

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

Agreed with expertfootball11.

JuvE19 11 years ago
Juventus, Iraq 4 385

These people are destroying football, because of them players that used to coast 10 million, now coast 20-25 million. stupid just stupid

JuvE19 11 years ago
Juventus, Iraq 4 385

Also I'm sure Qatar could've used these 800 million to promote their country in a much better way, i mean in which freaking way is PSG gonna promote Qatar for 800 million...

AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

agree with JuvE19 completely

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

@Juve19 No. I'm sorry but the players they buy for 20-25 are worth that much because they are top players. Every top player comes with a hefty wage and price and that is what they are doing. Did you expect Ibra to go there without a high wage? In the past 10 million was the case, but now it is not. As for Juve, their transfers are always a bit lower. Then again, that might be because of the economical issues in Italy that make you think that(not meant to offend Italy in anyway).

Before critisicing, please learn economy or finance. Now you haven't learn economy but it's too easy for you to diss Qatar etc... Doha has a huge potential, politically, financially, and even for sports. You probably haven't go there, so you don't know what I'm talking about.

JuvE19 11 years ago
Juventus, Iraq 4 385

@Vendetta, i will agree that some of them are worth it, but other definitely don't deserve that much. Ibra was actually a very good deal for PSG, they bought him for half the price. But there are other players that was very overrated like Carroll, Hazard, Nastasic and so on. Do you think these players dissevered that much?
And i wasn't really talking about Juve because Juve is not as rich after the  calciopoli.

JuvE19 11 years ago
Juventus, Iraq 4 385

@expertfootball11, I wasn't dissing Qatar, what I was saying is that the money they going to spend on PSG is gonna help PSG much more then Qatar, and that they could've used it in a better way. And yes i didn't study economy yet, but it seems like u have, so why don't u explain that this is the best way to promote Qatar in Europe.

^I learned economy for almost 4 years, I was in this area for a long time. You may think there is no crisis there, but still there is crisis (more in UAE, but) so many people lost their jobs. The heart of Qatar is to build huge apartements, accomodations, to make Doha the center of the world. So they invest much and they think that Europeans might get interested invest there, work there because they is a lot of enterprises etc...

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

@JuvE19: Hazard overrated? I think you should check if you made a mistake there.