Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

PSG, Manchester United and Juventus
Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

So whats the problem with those 3 teams? They are some of the richest and more popular clubs of their respective nation, yet it seem they alway collapse when it matter, especially recently and in the CL. Thought?

Comments
uncle_touchy 2 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 123

enter image description here

Glazers out!

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@uncle_touchy Haha, thats certainly a quick and good answer when it come to Manchester United, here hoping one day, you guys get better owner, you deserve it at this point.

DarthFooty 2 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Mentally, Man Udt is broken as a team. They once brought such confidence and teams feared playing against them, especially at home, but they don't carry that mentality anymore. The players are spoiled and don't respect earning their keep. The coach is not respected by the players or not given enough time to work their magic. Ownership is always under protest, mostly because they are "American" which we can never know the game as well as anyone else. But also, the fact that the owners don't invest the same way some other clubs do.

PSG is so talented but plays an individual game, not a team one. They are also spoiled and expect things to fall into their laps. They need to make player changes and bring in team ballers and not me me me players.

I want to say Juve is just older and needs some more youth injection, but I know Milan is older on average, so that is thrown out. Hard to say from my perspective as I don't watch Serie A as close.

Emobot7 2 years ago Edited
538 11432

@DarthFooty I think the problem with Juve was that they had a project with Allegri but they throw it out the window when they sacked him. And since they went back and re-hired him, at the end of the day, its the same project but worse off because the one he was out, the whole thing got side-tracked.

Otherwise, I agree with what you said about PSG and United.

To me, its feel like the biggest problem is that those team lack a clear project plan on the long term. Arsenal invest in young player, Liverpool got their gegenpress, City has Pep possession football, Chelsea spend a lot but at the right place, I just don't feel that kind of clear goal as far as PSG and United are concerned. Maybe Juventus but I couldn't really tell as I don't watch serie A very closely either.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@DarthFooty I think the problem with Juve was that they had a project with Allegri but they throw it out the window when they sacked him. And since they went back and re-hired him, at the end of the day, its the same project but worse off because the one he was out, the whole thing got side-tracked.

Otherwise, I agree with what you said about PSG and United.

To me, its feel like the biggest problem is that those team lack a clear project plan on the long term. Arsenal invest in young player, Liverpool got their gegenpress, City has Pep possession football, Chelsea spend a lot but at the right place, I just don't feel that kind of clear goal as far as PSG and United are concerned.

SunFlash 2 years ago
USA 19 3260

Because teams that have large advantages over their domestic competition (administratively speaking), get complacent administrative staff.

You don't have to be innovative when you can throw money at problems. All three of the teams you mentioned have financial advantages over their domestic competitors and larger fanbases. I could go deeper but imo that's the crux of it. Clubs like Bayern have highly competent staff that keep in under control. United, Juve, and PSG do not.

_Pelle_ 2 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

A lot of things around PSG lacks consistency, particaularly good quality of opponents. Ligue 1 is not epl or la liga.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@Pelle Completely true, lack of consistent quality in opponent mean its can be hard for PSG to be in the right mindset at the right time. Like sometime they walk when they should run and run when they should be walking (its a manner of speaking, hope you guys get me).

@Sunflash Yeah, thats very true as well, honestly, you make a great point about the staff, its an element that we don't really see as fan nor do we care about it. But in reality it take much more than a director, a board, a manager and all the players to make a football club.