Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

PSG is better than Bayern - Zizou? LOL WUT?
tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Zidane in his interview with Canal+ believes PSG is the Europe's elite, alongside his former club and rivals Barcelona, slightly above Bayern.

Ok, Zizou is a legend, great footballer and sportsmanship, but he has been EXTREMELY bias when it comes to anything related to Real and French (clubs or players).

This is so SAD, not only because a guy with his statue shouldn't come out and talk some almost-totally-non-sense stuffs like that, but also make people loose respect for him and his remarks. Just like we do with Pele.

Since the last 5 years, I dont remember he has made more than a couple of relevant comments... I treasure him as a player.. but am I the only one who see Zidane's comment on... AS read-for-fun?

Back to the topic, PSG might be strong, but since the last 5 years, they have proven nothing to be the European's elites, barely reach semi-final on CL... so??? what's here Mr Zizou.

More:
"For me, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain are the two best clubs around in Europe at the moment," Zidane told Canal+.

"Paris know the French league inside out, they are on another level to their rivals." <== totally irrelevant, not to mention French league is not of top 3 leagues

"They are the best two teams for me, perhaps alongside Barcelona. Bayern are slightly behind those teams."

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Zidane in his interview with Canal+ believes PSG is the Europe's elite, alongside his former club and rivals Barcelona, slightly above Bayern.

Ok, Zizou is a legend, great footballer and sportsmanship, but he has been EXTREMELY bias when it comes to anything related to Real and French (clubs or players).

This is so SAD, not only because a guy with his statue shouldn't come out and talk some almost-totally-non-sense stuffs like that, but also make people loose respect for him and his remarks. Just like we do with Pele.

Since the last 5 years, I dont remember he has made more than a couple of relevant comments... I treasure him as a player.. but am I the only one who see Zidane's comment on... AS read-for-fun?

Back to the topic, PSG might be strong, but since the last 5 years, they have proven nothing to be the European's elites, barely reach semi-final on CL... so??? what's here Mr Zizou.

More:

"For me, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain are the two best clubs around in Europe at the moment," Zidane told Canal+.

"Paris know the French league inside out, they are on another level to their rivals." <== totally irrelevant, not to mention French league is not of top 3 leagues

"They are the best two teams for me, perhaps alongside Barcelona. Bayern are slightly behind those teams."

Comments
Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Yeah, the bias is always going to be there for retired players. Cruyff is the same when it comes to Barcelona and its players, but far more disrespectful. Zizou's comments aren't disrespectful though, and that's what matters most. Whether you take his remarks seriously or not is up to you, but I personally believe Bayern to be the best in the world right now.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

Bayern has been the best club in the world for the last three years. Injuries and bad luck are all that's stopped them.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@SunFlash

I disagree. Madrid were better in 2013/14. Madrid were much more stable in midfield and more lethal in attack. That 5-0 victory was no fluke.

liverpollfcangryfan 9 years ago
Liverpool 41 419

bayern is better than barc and real madrid Lol

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

We demolished them in their own ground in 2014, what more do you ask for. But ATM, definitely Bayren>any team.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago

It's true Johan is also biased and disrespectful at time. But comon he's quite old-time guy.

But Zidan, given the very recent games he played and he still do... I personally think he should stop doing that, or at least give more sense on something at least debatable, and his argument should be more relevant :(... knowing League 1 inside out???

Bayern is currently on top of the game, completely agree but doesn't mean they are gonna win CL.

Also agree that RM 2014 is stronger.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

Fair enough Madrid.

Aiden_Finland 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

Maybe Ziziou was scared of Ibra that why he said PSG is better than Bayern

rayrex7 9 years ago

Still, not surprised. Everyone is gonna be biased, players, coaches, presidents, retired players. Just look at the Balon d'Or voting. Seriously every player voted for his teammates and friends for F*ck sake. So this topic is completely irrelevent nowadays in the football world due to the complete lack of honesty. But I feel David beckham is the least biased person alongside Kaka, they dont spit out nonesense in interviews.

decentK 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

"This is so SAD, not only because a guy with his statue shouldn't come out and talk some almost-totally-non-sense stuffs like that, but also make people loose respect for him and his remarks. Just like we do with Pele.
Since the last 5 years, I dont remember he has made more than a couple of relevant comments... I treasure him as a player.."

!!! exactly :<

• History

"This is so SAD, not only because a guy with his statue shouldn't come out and talk some almost-totally-non-sense stuffs like that, but also make people loose respect for him and his remarks. Just like we do with Pele.

Since the last 5 years, I dont remember he has made more than a couple of relevant comments... I treasure him as a player.."

!!! exactly :<

tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited

@rayrex7: Understand :( But the fact that he's one of the close-generation legends, is still young and CERTAINLY will still involve a lot in football, it concern me. The guy like that should be smarter handling public interviews or will be regarded as a total joke (PELE or Maradona).

I know everyone is biased nowaday, but voting is at least behind the scene. Bias is ok to certain extend... like saying Ronaldo is better than Messi or the otherway around, and support by good argument... At least should be debatable.

• History

@rayrex7: Understand :( But the fact that he's like one of the close-generation legend, still young and CERTAINLY will still involve a lot in football. The guy like that should be smarter handling public interview or will be regarded as total joke.

I know everyone is biased nowaday, but voting is at least behind the scene. Bias is ok to certain extend... like saying Ronaldo is better than Messi or the otherway around, and support by good argument... At least should be debatable.

rayrex7 9 years ago Edited

@tuan true indeed, if you are going to say who's better, you should at least say why.

• History

@tuna true indeed, if you are going to say who's better, you should at least say why.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago

TUNA?

tuan_jinn 9 years ago

that's fish mate!

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Zidane always please his audience, in France he says French are the Best, in Spain thats Spanish...
He is not deluded, he is just saying what people wants to hear wich is something im not fan of it, id rather prefer to shock or say the ugly truth rather than this but the guy has a job and an image so...
At the same time, PSG is starting to play as a team, the team is more experimented, more aggressive and fierce and the additional players they got are world class, monster bench.
They arent better than the top 3 of Europe, but its a mistake to think they are far behind. Maybe Zidane wants them to believe in it, because to beat Madrid or Bayern you should believe first that you can do it.

Salahadin 9 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

PSG is a nightmare for anyone. This year they are very very strong, if they keep this up i can see them next year as a force to fear. Not that they aint but with the replacement of Ibra its going to be amazing to see who they bring in.
If they can land Lewa. I dont see them to be stopped next year around.

JozeMourinho 9 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Agree'd with tiki_taka and personally I believe Zizou knows the truth, he aint deluded despite his sayings sometimes are.
Seen that with many footballers and managers.

rayrex7 9 years ago

@tuan HAAHHAHAHAHHA I'm seriously sorry mate, i must have typed it by mistake LOOL!