Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Premier league fantasy 22/23?
_Pelle_ 2 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6888

Will there be a FR league this upcoming season?

Comments
_Pelle_ 11 months ago

I forgot to change team a round where two games were played and got like ”zero” points… Lost the spark after it 😞

I’ll try again next season.

Emobot7 11 months ago
538 11435

I lost the spark after I changed Haaland with Son following my dad advice. Clearly my dad is quite the wise man regarding fantasy football.

quikzyyy 11 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

magic of fantasy, I put Xhaka for his last game in Arsenal jersey and he won me 2 mini leagues with his brace.

Emobot7 11 months ago
538 11435

@quikzyyy Congrats mate, that was a pretty ballsy move imho. All hail the fantasy king.

DarthFooty 11 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1101

What were the final standings? I cant seem to get back in.

Emobot7 11 months ago
538 11435

@DarthFooty Same but in my case its because I lost my password for the PL site and I can't be bothered to change it. XD

quikzyyy 11 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

enter image description here

enter image description hereenter image description here

Emobot7 11 months ago
538 11435

@quikzyyy Congrats mate, you clearly a level above all of us. And when I say us, I mean the other guys, I'm clearly a couple of levels below everyone one else. Well, at least there no relegation system in place in fantasy football so I get to try again in the future. One day, I'll get better than last place, you'll see. ^^'

DarthFooty 11 months ago

Half the battle for me and FF is just keeping up with it week to week. I can pick a decent line-up, but as the season goes, you have to make changes, and since I seem to log in only about 3 times through the campaign, well, it's no wonder why I finish bottom table. haha

iHEARTfootball 11 months ago
Manchester United 38 1000

LOL, I stopped playing after week 4 but we should try DRAFT next season! I found it pretty fun!

quikzyyy 11 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

how does the draft work?

_Pelle_ 11 months ago

And I need to be more consistent with the fantasy league. 😁

I’ll try to improve next season.

iHEARTfootball 11 months ago Edited

how does the draft work?

https://www.premierleague.com/this-is-pl/the-football/439510#:~:text=There%20are%20no%20player%20prices,pick%20order%20reversed%20each%20time.

"There are no player prices and no budgets, with managers using a draft system to build their squads.

In the draft, each manager takes their turn to select players over 15 rounds.

The order of picks is decided randomly at first and will then “snake” from round to round, with the pick order reversed each time."

Once you have selected your 15-man team, we can either complete against eachother in the usual point accumulation-system like it is on FR fantasy, or we can complete based like the actual league season itself:

• Win = 3 points
  • Draw = 1 point
  • Lose = 0 points

Here's a snippet of how I did with my colleagues this season. I did dreadfully, but it was really fun nonetheless:

What's interesting about draft, compared to Fantasy league is that, let's say, if someone picks Haaland first during the round-picks, you can't pick Haaland. However, whoever you pick, no one else can pick it and have to strategize their squad accordingly. I had Kane, Son, and Jesus on my team this season, and look how I turned out, haha.

If you want to play strategy, draft is great to experience.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.
DarthFooty 11 months ago

Drafting is the main part of the American fantasy football league and it is very strategic. You also have pick up and drops each week, as well as, trades between players. I can see that being a lot of fun with EPL.

iHeart,is the draft on a picked day when everyone can get together or is it auto draft and you try to set your "picks" as best you can? For the NFL version, you create a pick list that targets the top players on that list each round. Each position has a list of players and if you are live in the draft, you would select your best option on your turn. If you were not live, the system would select the next best available for you, position by position.

Drafting is the main part of the American fantasy football league and it is very strategic. You also have pick up and drops each week, as well as, trades between players. I can see that being a lot of fun with EPL.
iHeart,is the draft on a picked day when everyone can get together or is it auto draft and you try to set your "picks" as best you can? For the NFL version, you create a pick list that targets the top players on that list each round. Each position has a list of players and if you are live in the draft, you would select your best option on your turn. If you were not live, the system would select the next best available for you, position by position.

There is a real-time period when you can manually pick your players, but if you happen to forget the time, then you automatically pick whichever player is highest on the remaining list. This list is based upon their overall points, last season, which means that if there's a new and exciting player arriving from outside the league, for the first time, chances are that you will not be able to pick them if you are not present during the drafting period. Your turn to pick will depend on how soon you can enter the draft list.

From memory, there can only be 8 participants per draft game.

iHEARTfootball 11 months ago Edited

I believe the drafting game is inspired by the NFL or whatever American fantasy system they have. I was a bit hesitant to try it, at first, but then got pretty into it once I gave it a try. It's really fun because like DarthFooty said, you can offload and sign players during the transfer period (counting days towards the next match), or you can request to trade players with another participant.

For instance, if you would have Haaland, at the start, that would be great because you might refuse to trade him off for any player. But the season's long, and form can change. This means Haaland can have a massive dip and you're in need of an in-form striker. If someone offers you Kane, for instance, who's in stellar form, for Haaland, then you would go for it, right? Little instances like that can change the course of your season. Funnily enough, the winner of our colleague's only draft game didn't have Haaland. Guy with Haaland came fifth. It's pretty fun.

• History

I believe the drafting game is inspired by the NFL or whatever American fantasy system they have. I was a bit hesitant to try it, at first, but then got pretty into it once I gave it a try. It's really fun because like DarthFooty said, you can offload and sign players during the transfer period (counting days towards the next match), or you can request to trade players with another participant.

If you would have Haaland, at the start, that would be great because you might refuse to trade him off for any player. But the season's long, and form can change. This means Haaland can have a massive dip and you're in need of an in-form striker. If someone offers you Kane, for instance, who's in stellar form, for Haaland, then you would go for it, right? Little instances like that can change the course of your season. It's really fun.

For instance, if you would have Haaland, at the start, that would be great because you might refuse to trade him off for any player. But the season's long, and form can change. This means Haaland can have a massive dip and you're in need of an in-form striker. If someone offers you Kane, for instance, who's in stellar form, for Haaland, then you would go for it, right? Little instances like that can change the course of your season. It's really fun.

DarthFooty 11 months ago

The draft version has a heavier reliance on players keeping up with their teams. As Iheart mentioned, you can trade players, drop players, so knowing form, injuries, and favorable matchups, it all helps you.

Holding a coveted player might add spice and increase trade options, but keep in mind, form can change, so be careful not to give your competition the advantage.

Do we have interests for a draft game? If so, happy to organise one next season. We'll need 8 players to make it work.

DarthFooty 11 months ago

I said yes, but a lot depends on the day and time for the draft. :P

amir_keal 9 months ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Guys, someone make a league! We need to create one!

• History

Guys, someone make a league! We need to create one