Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Premier League 2019-2020 Prediction Table
OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea, England 5 211

With the season just around the corner it's about time to make our predictions for the season.

Below is my predictions and my thoughts on the top 6.

Please leave your predictions and any comments on why your put teams where you did.

1. Man City
  2. Tottenham
  3. Liverpool
  4. Chelsea
  5. Man United
  6. Arsenal
  7. Wolves
  8. Leicester
  9. Everton
  10. West Ham
  11. Watford
  12. Crystal Palace
  13. Bournemouth
  14. Southampton
  15. Burnley
  16. Aston Villa
  17. Newcastle
  18. Norwich
  19. Sheffield United
  20. Brighton

Firstly I think Man City are just going to be too strong once again. With the additions of Rodri and Cancelo especially they are building on an already incredible squad. Players like Bernardo Silva, Sterling and Laporte have now really reached their peak, and there is still more to offer from the likes of Sane and Jesus. They have shored up the central midfield spot now with the arrival of Rodri and don't look to have many weakness anywhere on the pitch and bost one of the deepest squads in the league.

I think now if the time for Spurs to really press for the title, because I mean they have been knocking on the door for far too long now but I think City will be just to strong for them. Ndombele is a brilliant new signing and will provide the edge that Spurs need and I think Kane and Son will thrive on Ndombele and Erikson's creativity this season.

Liverpool will still be competitive but I dont think Salah will have the same clinical edge he has had over the last 2 seasons especially and I think the lack of big improvements to the squad this summer when most of the other top 6 have invested in big transfers will find them out. Lack of depth up front could be an issue, as there not many options after Salah, Mane and Firmino - as we know Origi can be inconsistent. Therefore I feel they will lack what's needed to repeatedly last seasons heroics again. (I would like to be proved wrong though)

Chelsea in 4th as I believe Lampard will take time to settle in and get the team consistently getting good results, and they could be in for a bumpy first few months of the season while the young and fresh squad get used to new ideas. However I feel once they settle in to Lampard's style, Chelsea will be flying again with some brilliant football which will see Chelsea retain a top 4 spot. I feel Pulisic and Kante will be especially big for Chelsea this season, in ensuring success.

Some may say, why have I not put Man United in the top 4. Well purely because i think they just don't have the consistent quality to challenge the teams above them yet. I mean I believe they should be in the top 4 this season with the players they have but I don't think they will maintain the consistency throughout the season. The main weakness last season was the defence which they have strengthened through the arrival of Maguire of course, but what if he gets injured or if Baily gets injured again in the season, they are no better off. Also I don't think Solskjaer has the ability to maintain the constant high level performances all season, just like last season when they started of well under Ole but then dropped off to very poor performances near the end.

Arsenal, well plainly speaking, they just have a very unbalanced squad in my opinion. Devastating attack, on its day, especially now with the arrival of Pepe, but the defence is pretty mediocre at the best of times. If Arsenal could only solve their defensive problems then I think top 4 would not be a problem. They are the kind of team at the moment who could turn up one day against a top 6 team and have a brilliant performance and win comprehensively. Whereas on another day they can trudge around getting picked of time and time again at the back and get beaten by 3 or 4 goals.

Post your predictions!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

With the season just around the corner it's about time to make our predictions for the season.

Below is my predictions and my thoughts on the top 6.

Please leave your predictions and any comments on why your put teams where you did.

1. Man City
  2. Tottenham
  3. Liverpool
  4. Chelsea
  5. Man United
  6. Arsenal
  7. Wolves
  8. Leicester
  9. Everton
  10. West Ham
  11. Watford
  12. Crystal Palace
  13. Bournemouth
  14. Southampton
  15. Burnley
  16. Aston Villa
  17. Newcastle
  18. Norwich
  19. Sheffield United
  20. Brighton

Firstly I think Man City are just going to be too strong once again. With the additions of Rodri and Cancelo especially they are building on an already incredible squad. Players like Bernardo Silva, Sterling and Laporte have now really reached their peak, and there is still more to offer from the likes of Sane and Jesus. They have shored up the central midfield spot now with the arrival of Rodri and don't look to have many weakness anywhere on the pitch and bost one of the deepest squads in the league.

I think now if the time for Spurs to really press for the title, because I mean they have been knocking on the door for far too long now but I think City will be just to strong for them. Ndombele is a brilliant new signing and will provide the edge that Spurs need and I think Kane and Son will thrive on Ndombele and Erikson's creativity this season.

Liverpool will still be competitive but I dont think Salah will have the same clinical edge he has had over the last 2 seasons especially and I think the lack of big improvements to the squad this summer when most of the other top 6 have invested in big transfers will find them out. Lack of depth up front could be an issue, as there not many options after Salah, Mane and Firmino - as we know Origi can be inconsistent. Therefore I feel they will lack what's needed to repeatedly last seasons heroics again. (I would like to be proved wrong though)

Chelsea in 4th as I believe Lampard will take time to settle in and get the team consistently getting good results, and they could be in for a bumpy first few months of the season while the young and fresh squad get used to new ideas. However I feel once they settle in to Lampard's style, Chelsea will be flying again with some brilliant football which will see Chelsea retain a top 4 spot. I feel Pulisic and Kante will be especially big for Chelsea this season, in ensuring success.

Some may say, why have I not put Man United in the top 4. Well purely because i think they just don't have the consistent quality to challenge the teams above them yet. I mean I believe they should be in the top 4 this season with the players they have but I don't think they will maintain the consistency throughout the season. The main weakness last season was the defence which they have strengthened through the arrival of Maguire of course, but what if he gets injured or if Baily gets injured again in the season, they are no better off. Also I don't think Solskjaer has the ability to maintain the constant high level performances all season, just like last season when they started of well under Ole but then dropped off to very poor performances near the end.

Arsenal, well plainly speaking, they just have a very unbalanced squad in my opinion. Devastating attack, on its day, especially now with the arrival of Pepe, but the defence is pretty mediocre at the best of times. If Arsenal could only solve their defensive problems then I think top 4 would not be a problem. They are the kind of team at the moment who could turn up one day against a top 6 team and have a brilliant performance and win comprehensively. Whereas on another day they can trudge around getting picked of time and time again at the back and get beaten by 3 or 4 goals.

Comments
tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Liverpool
Man City
Tottenham
Arsenal
Chelsea
Man Utd

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002
  1. City
  2. Liverpool
  3. Arsenal
  4. Chelsea
  5. Spurs
  6. Leicester
  7. United
smithclarkson01 5 years ago
Arsenal, England 0 17

Tottenham
Man united
Arsenal
Chelsea
Everton
Wolverhampton
Leicester
Bournemouth

legends16 4 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

My predictions were horrendously out...

Man City (-1)
Liverpool (+1)
Spurs (-3)
Arsenal (-4)
Manchester United (+2)
Chelsea (+2)
Everton (-5)
Leicester (+3)
West Ham (-7)
Wolves (+3)
Bournemouth (-7)
Burnley (+2)
Watford (-6)
Southampton (+3)
Aston Villa (-4)
Crystal Palace (+2)
Newcastle (+4)
Norwich (-3)
Brighton (+4)
Sheffield United (+11)

tiki_taka 4 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Got the top 2 the rest was average whole season

iHEARTfootball 4 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I was definitely wrong about Sheffield United. Wow.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

I think a lot of us got it wrong tbh. This season like many before was very unpredictable. Which is why I love the PL so much. :D

Tuanis 4 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Man City (-1)
Liverpool (+1)
Tottenham (-3)
Arsenal (-4)
Man United (+2)
Chelsea (+2)
Wolves (+0)
Everton (-4)
Newcastle (-4)
West Ham (-6)
Leicester (+6)
Watford (-7)
Aston Villa (-4)
Bournemouth (-4)
Crystal Palace (+1)
Brighton (+1)
Southampton (+6)
Burnley (+7)
Norwich (-1)
Sheffield (+11)

City failed to meet expectations.
Tottenham fell down hard
Everton was worst than usual
Arsenal was just a mess all season long
Leicester had a nice comeback into relevancy
And Sheffield was the team of the season for me, what an amazing season for a newly promoted team.

Ex_Arsenal_fan 4 years ago
Arsenal, Suriname 0 65

Wow a lot of other fans were optimistic about us

iHEARTfootball 4 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

To be fair, we all thought Lacazette - Aubameyang - Pepe would have been popping. Sadly, it didn't.

Ledley 4 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Can of cheers 🏆 ! for the people who guessed Liverpool .1st

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Liverpool was clear as a day choice to me. I was obviously joking about City and wishfully hoped they will be out of top 4 to make room for others. Although, with UEFA ban they could have been out of the league.

I am surprised that United finished above us. We just were so often unlucky. We had a better squad to compete for third and even second place.

United finishing in top 4 isn’t surprise at all. Surprise is how the got in there. With old ole tricks and referee decisions in crucial games.

I think this year we will see some epic season. I don’t think Liverpool will win again. This will be other clubs year. Let’s see what reinforcements they will bring