Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Predictions #6
Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11435

enter image description here
Right in the middle of the week a bunch of game have invited themselve in, time to predict them guys! :D

English League Cup

Leicester vs Chelsea

• Tuesday 2:45 PM USA EST

Bundesliga

Wolfburg vs BVB

• Tuesday 2:00 PM USA EST

Liga BBVA

Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid

• Wednesday 4:00 PM USA EST

Valencia vs Alaves

• Thursday 4:00 PM USA EST

For people wondering why I put Valencia and Alaves in, I would like to point the first one is known as a good with a very poor current form while the other is seen as a small team both took 4 point out of it game with Atletico and Barca, so I think it will be interesting to predict.

Overall Standings

Marcus2011 : 27
Jimbet : 26
Gustavo : 25
Croatian : 24
JuanMata10 : 23
Saatvik : 22
Emobot : 22
Liomessi10 : 22
Novaruk : 20
Dynastian98 : 20
Gonzi: 18
KTB: 18
Aiden_Finland: 13
Decentk : 12
Phenohyte: 12
Ashwin1729 : 12
Oturan: 11
Louis Van Gaal: 10
Amerr30 : 5
Rayrex7 : 4
Chucksea: 4
ayable11: 4
Tikitaka: 4
Lilywhite: 2
Crazyboss : 2

September Standings

Jimbet : 17
Gustavo : 16
Juanmata10 : 14
Novaruk : 12
Decentk : 12
Croatian : 14
Emobot7 : 12
Phenohyte : 12
Marcus2011 : 14
Saatvik10 : 11
KTBFFHSWE : 12
Dynastian98 : 14
Ashwin1729 : 12
Liomessi10 : 11
Gonzi : 9
AidenFinland : 8
Oturan: 4
Tikitaka: 4

(Uptated)

Point System

Example: Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid

3 points for correct score-- if you predicted Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid

1 point for guessing which team won or if it was a tie-- let's say you predicted Barcelona 3-1 Real Madrid

1 point for predicting how many goals a team scored (or if they didn't score)-- let's say you predicted Barcelona 0-0 Real Madrid
So you can get 2 points from one game. Let's say you predicted Barcelona 5-1 Real Madrid

1 point for predicting that Barcelona beat Madrid. And one point for predicting that Barcelona scored 5 goals.

You can't predict after the game starts. You can change your predictions as long as it's not after the start of the game.

Note: Please put a single prediction in number and if you want to add your thought on the match, do so in parentheses like this:

Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid (I think Barca will win this game by a big margin because Lionel Messi has been in great form and both Ramos and Casemiro are injured)

This will make it easier for us to calculate your point, thank you! :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Right in the middle of the week a bunch of game have invited themselve in, time to predict them guys! :D

English League Cup

Leicester vs Chelsea

Bundesliga

Wolfburg vs BVB

Liga BBVA

Valencia vs Alaves

For people wondering why I put Valencia and Alaves in, I would like to point the first one is known as a good with a very poor current form while the other is seen as a small team both took 4 point out of it game with Atletico and Barca, so I think it will be interesting to predict.

Overall Standings

Marcus2011: 24
Jimbet: 22
Gustavo: 22
Saatvik: 21
Croatian: 21
JuanMata10: 21
Emobot: 21
Liomessi10: 20
Novaruk: 19
Gonzi: 16
Dynastian98: 16
KTB: 16
Decentk : 11
Phenohyte: 11
Oturan: 10
Ashwin1729 : 10
Tikitaka: 3

September Standings

Jimbet : 13
Gustavo : 13
Juanmata10 : 12
Novaruk : 11
Croatian : 11
Emobot7 : 11
Phenohyte : 11
Marcus2011 : 11
Saatvik10 : 10
KTBFFHSWE : 10
Dynastian98 : 10
Liomessi10 : 9
Gonzi : 7
Oturan: 3

(Will try update the rating tommorow or Monday)

Point System

1 point for guessing which team won or if it was a tie-- let's say you predicted Barcelona 3-1 Real Madrid

1 point for predicting how many goals a team scored (or if they didn't score)-- let's say you predicted Barcelona 0-0 Real Madrid
So you can get 2 points from one game. Let's say you predicted Barcelona 5-1 Real Madrid

1 point for predicting that Barcelona beat Madrid. And one point for predicting that Barcelona scored 5 goals.

You can't predict after the game starts. You can change your predictions as long as it's not after the start of the game.

Note: Please put a single prediction in number and if you want to add your thought on the match, do so in parentheses like this:

Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid (I think Barca will win this game by a big margin because Lionel Messi has been in great form and both Ramos and Casemiro are injured)

English League Cup

Leicester vs Chelsea

Bundesliga

Wolfburg vs BVB

Liga BBVA

Valencia vs Alaves

Overall Standings

Marcus2011: 24
Jimbet: 22
Gustavo: 22
Saatvik: 21
Croatian: 21
JuanMata10: 21
Emobot: 21
Liomessi10: 20
Novaruk: 19
Gonzi: 16
Dynastian98: 16
KTB: 16
Phenohyte: 11
Oturan: 10

September Standings

Jimbet : 13
Gustavo : 13
Juanmata10 : 12
Novaruk : 11
Croatian : 11
Emobot7 : 11
Phenohyte : 11
Marcus2011 : 11
Saatvik10 : 10
KTBFFHSWE : 10
Dynastian98 : 10
Liomessi10 : 9
Gonzi : 7
Oturan: 3

(Will try to update the rating tommorow or Monday)

Point System

Comments
Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@KTB To be sincere, I would like to agree with you on that one as that would give me a good 3 point instead of 1, but I really thought we used to calculate the full time game results. If you find proof of what you say in the older prediction thread made last season, I might consider talking to Saatvik about it. For now, I consider that we only use the full time results for the prediction for it is much more simple and that it is how I started doing it in this thread. Also, this would be a huge pain re-calculating the standing. But still, thanks for the head-up, I'll try to check it out. :P

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Mate, that's how it's done everywhere. That's the way the Footyroom official predictor did it (wherever that went..). If you do betting, that's how it's done too. You can read more on general rules here: https://help.bet365.com/en/rules/rules-sports/soccer#557. I'm a member of a few other betting communites too, as well as predictor communities. Chelsea official used to have one etc, and there's another Swedish on that I'm currently involved in too. same goes for those.

And there haven't been any other rounds in this predictor game that has gone to overtime right, so would just be this one. Otherwise you would have to include penalties too as they are included in a full game. Let's say Leicester-Chelsea would go to penalties, we would have to had predicted 7-6 to get it all right would it have gone to penalties.

• History

Mate, that's how it's done everywhere. That's the way the Footyroom official predictor did it (wherever that went..). If you do betting, that's how it's done too. You can read more on general rules here: https://help.bet365.com/en/rules/rules-sports/soccer#557. I'm a member of a few other betting communites as well as predicot rcommunities. Chelsea official used to have one etc, and there's another Swedish on that I'm currently involved in too. same goes for those.

And there haven't been any other rounds in this predictor game that has gone to overtime right, so would just be this one. Otherwise you would have to include penalties too as they are included in a full game. Let's say Leicester-Chelsea would go to penalties, we would have to had predicted 7-6 to get it all right would it have gone to penalties.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@KTB Well, I meant full time without including the penality but ok, I'm gonna ask Saatvik what he think about it but to be sincere, that will be pain to calculate everything and make sure we don't get confuse and stuff. Thanks for the extra work. :(

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11435

@KTB I wonder if it would be an huge bother for you if we didn't alter the rating, Saatvik haven't got back to me but still, it just feel like such a huge work. Anyway, will try to make it so that from now on, our prediction league will work this way if Saatvik is okay with it. :P Thanks again for the head-up. Talking about it, maybe you should propose to join the prediction since your so experimented in betting (if you have the time of course), would be fun and would help disminish the workload.

• History

@KTB I wonder if it would be an huge bother for you if we didn't alter the rating, Saatvik haven't got back to me but still, it just feel like such a huge work. Anyway, will try to make it so that from now on, our prediction league will work this way if Saatvik is okay with it. :P Thanks again for the head-up. Talking about it, maybe you should propose to join if your so experimented in betting, would be fun and would help disminish the workload.

saatvik102 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 8 89

^True.. It will decrease our workload. Do you want to join?? If yes, I'll post the details on your wall.

Phenohyte 8 years ago
3 122

Valencia only won with a 88 min penalty, good shout Emo. I forgot to predict once again :(