Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Post match discussions
HorseAFC 8 years ago
60 798

Anyone else find the post-match discussions on the highlights pretty cancerous? Take the Chelsea game today, the Newcastle United game and much others as examples.

Comments
SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Trash-talking is always worse after games. All the pre-game bs has built up and now the trollers have the result as ammunition to be additionally petty.

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Haven't really been there for 1 year now for that reason.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

Yeah, that's why I prefer to be on the forum instead of the highlight, the number of troll there is over nine thousand. There might be less person answering on the forum but at the very least, we can have somewhat mature discussion... well, most of the time that is.

louis_van_gaal 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 38 786

100% agree. Non-users must not be allowed to comment. They are the only real trolls out there because users are always punished by moderators. They should still be allowed to use the like button but not be able to comment.

raimondo90 8 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

There will always be trolls. Sadly it makes up about half the comments on the highlights. That's just how the internet is, especially with anonymity. So people try to argue valid points but get drowned in the hate/trolling.
I tend to leave a comment now and then.

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

yeah and that really pisses me off.. too many trolls and the number are increasing.. tough jobs for our mods i must say..

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Would be great having a prematch talk with members instead of trolls to be honest :).

Guys when trolls or randoms try to provoke you just try to enjoy it and have your fun with them instead of them allowing you to get angry by their comments towards you and your team.

shpalman 8 years ago Edited
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

trolls will always be there :/ that's why on top of the highlight comment section you have the option to filter posts:
enter image description here

unfortunately mods can't be 24/7 online. personally speaking i spend most of my time on FR cleaning things up. we do what we can. it would be great if you guys could give us an hand reporting the offenders, unregistered users are bannable as well.

we could have a report button on every comment, which only registered users can use. of course it can't be abused for personal matters, but it think it would greatly help. i'm going to paste this one in Gennady's thread.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

trolls will always be there :/ that's why on top of the highlights you have the option to filter comments:

unfortunately mods can't be 24/7 online. personally speaking i spend most of my time on FR cleaning things up. we do what we can.
it would be great if you guys could give us an hand reporting the offenders, unregistered users are bannable as well.

we could have a report button on every comment, which only registered users can use. of course it can't be abused for personal matters, but it think it would greatly help. i'm going to paste this one in Gennady's thread.

trolls will always be there :/ that's why on top of the highlight comment section you have the option to filter posts:

unfortunately mods can't be 24/7 online. personally speaking i spend most of my time on FR cleaning things up. we do what we can.
it would be great if you guys could give us an hand reporting the offenders, unregistered users are bannable as well.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Yes as @shpalman stated, we try to clean trolls and provocative comments, but we will be outnumbered at anytime. And we can't block those troll by IP :(.

May be it's a good suggestion to show comment by Users as default... but then again, it might damage the site traffic.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Also, the trolling tolerance seems to be much higher for certain teams. Guess, that's just how it is. Then again, it's mostly banter and quite easy to ignore. I usually filter out the comments from guests though.

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Non-users must not be allowed to comment.

Why can't we just do this? Can't be that hard. I don't want to filter like shpalman said, just don't let them comment at all.

raimondo90 8 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

DecentK, if that were implemented one of two things can happen. First the site traffic goes way down and this becomes a ghost town with hardly anyone watching highlights. Or second, the trolls start registering and begin to join the forum just to troll. I don't mind having to click users as a filter. It take like 3 seconds.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Yeah, I agree with rain. Having traffic on the site is important, if the non-users bother you that much, just do what shap suggested.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Could be great to have something like watching comments from the same team I support, example: After Arsenal - Stoke watch just comments from Arsenal fans..

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

Raimondo is right sadly, I think its better to sacrifice the post-match section of the site than to force the troll to sign in to troll or to have the site become a ghost town.

decentK 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

Guess footyroom needs traffic but I'd rather have bit smaller but better community than full of sh*theads.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Guess footyroom needs traffic but I'd rather have better community than full of sh*theads.

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Everyone hates trolls but traffic what keeps this website alive and free so as longest they stay away from forums . I will be fine even though they do get on my nerves . I will follow what @shpalman said and filtered them out .