Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

[Poll] Chinese Super League is at it again with a staggering £80 million offer
AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

enter image description here

Diego Costa looked like he’d changed his ways this season, but speculation is now growing that he could be on his way out of Chelsea with a shock transfer to the Chinese Super League.

Various sources are claiming the Spain international has fallen out with manager Antonio Conte over a back injury, and he’s set to miss this weekend’s game at Leicester City.

Costa has been on fire for Chelsea this season and doesn’t look like a player the Blues can afford to lose as they chase the Premier League title.

Still, the 28-year-old has previous in this department and may truly never be able to change his ways if he can’t even keep his temper under wraps for Conte, a manager who has revolutionised things at Stamford Bridge this season.

Ready-made replacements won’t come easily for Chelsea this January, but the league leaders now have a real decision to make this winter – do they stick with their star striker at least until the end of the season? His goals have been key for their title charge so far, but will this prove too much of a distraction?

Or do Chelsea just cut their ties with the troublesome forward as soon as possible and move on to get their campaign back on track? And that’s without even thinking about the £80million they could make from his sale.

If it were up to you, would you sell Diego Costa?

Comments
KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

@quick Hopefully.. Would be a huge blow to Chelsea.. But honestly start to think that Costa and his agents are making trouble because that huge offer came in from China and they want to take it..

bluezz 7 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

NO FUCKING WAYS.....

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@raimondo90 ball control for starters -

hes not clinical enough - griezeman wins games - benzema scores after the teams have been destroyed by RM -

He would not perform well in premier league - not saying benzema is bad but not really comparable with diego costa

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Sell him now ! Are you kidding me ? If they are OfferIng that much and Costa is willing then done deal

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Who's going to replace him? Costa's shirt sales are alone worth 80million.
And chelsea isn't a small club to sell their best players for money ;)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Chelsea Have to agree on that one, back in the day, lets say a few year ago, Chelsea should have accepted but nowaday, it doesn't make much sense because even if they had 150M to put on a striker, they would have to manage to make a deal with another club, and nowaday, no one want to sell their best player even for that kind of money. Its a bit crazy how hard it is to get good player nowaday or simply decent one. Chelsea should only sell him if they manage to strike down a deal for a player of the same quality like Griezmann, Lewandoski or Aguero for exemple.

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

I think it's more or less a gamble saying yes or saying no at this rate. Really very confusing. at 91.5 million euros we could get a younger more talented striker than Costa. Not saying anything bad about Costa he has done a lot for us this season but he definitely doesn't worth 91.5 million euros and no one other the Chinese league would give such a ridiculous offer. Rumors say that we are after Álvaro Morata now and if we can sign him then we would accept the deal.

nellygotbored 7 years ago
Toronto FC, Canada 2 10

Its easy to say no from a fans perspective. We all love this game so much and would never want to put money ahead of passion and playing in a better league. But if you are in the players shoes and someone offers you that kind of money so that you and your family are set for a multiple lifetime ... its hard to pass up. imo

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

True, living from 185k/week must be very hard.

nellygotbored 7 years ago
Toronto FC, Canada 2 10

@quikzyyy you dont get to the level where these guys are without having a serious hunger for money

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I'd sell him, but not in January. It's not time yet.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

We don't need another young player, if we sell costa then we need to sign somoene who can have an impact from the beginning.

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@KTB

You're probably right. I think that if Chelsea really badly want to win the 2017 title, they should keep Costa. Perhaps selling him in the summer would be a good option. That way Costa can go to China and earn millions while also taking home another Premier League medal with him.

@Chelsea8

Actually, jersey sales compose a minuscule amount of a club's revenue. Most of the jersey revenue goes to the manufacturer. Chelsea likely earn less than 20% of the revenue generated from their jersey sales.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@KTB

You're probably right. I think that if Chelsea really badly want to win the 2017 title, they should keep Costa. Perhaps selling him in the summer would be a good option. That way Costa can go to China and earn millions while also taking home another Premier League medal with him.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Dynastian Now that seem like a good way to go. :D I'd think this would really be for the best if he and Chelsea want to win the league this year.

@quikzyyy I'm pretty sure most player doesn't live humble life and economise all this money they win if you see what I mean. Beside, when they see that kind of money they could be earning, they think about how much more they could buy and get. Also, when it come down to transfer, the player is often influenced by its agent and guess what happen when the player get paid more? The agent get to ask for a raise so yeah, no doubt his agent will be encouraging him to move to china. I hope he stay as long as possible though.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Dynastian Now that seem like a good way to go. :D I'd think this would really be for the best if he and Chelsea want to win the league this year.

@quikzyyy I'm pretty sure most player doesn't live humble life and economise all this money they win if you see what I mean. Beside, when they see that kind of money they could be earning, they think about how much more they could buy and get. Beside, when it come down to transfer, the player is often influenced by its agent and guess what happen when the player get paid more? The agent get to ask for a raise so yeah, no doubt his agent will be encouraging him to move to china.