Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Poll: Abide With Me vs. Amazing Grace
Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

This is a bit random but I had a break so I wanted to create this little Poll. I'm not sure how many of you are or aren't aware of the Hymns I am comparing here but they are both somewhat related to football. "Abide with me" is considered like the National Hymn of England and is traditionally sung at the FA Cup Final. Likewise, "Amazing Grace" is considered the national hymn of the USA and it is often reserved for big events like a sporting final, graduation, etc. 

Now, both of these songs have religious origins BUT they're tradition and beauty is enjoyed by many regardless of their beliefs. (So don't bring it up here!)

My question is, based stricly on the music, which do you prefer?

Personally,  I believe the words of "Abide With Me" offer more depth and are a bit more powerful but I cannot get away from favouring the shear passion, beauty, and melody of "Amazing Grace". My vote = Amazing Grace

There are many renditions of each but I will post 2 that I prefer below:

Comments
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

It's hard for me to not consider Amazing Grace superior, given that I know it was written by a former slave-slip captain who repented, about his horrible past. But also, I do feel that the melody is more stirring and moving than Abide With Me.

So, that's my answer!

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

Amazing Grace is a legendary hymn so I think that one is superior.

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

Amazing Grace is a powerful song it gives me a chill/goosebump when im listening to it