Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Police beating Manchester United fan
ForeverBayern 3 years ago
Bayern Munich, Germany 44 593

Police officer appears to punch Man Utd fan on ground in eyewitness footage

Footage has emerged of a police officer appearing to punch a Manchester United fan several times whilst he lay on the ground being arrested.

Supporters clashed with police outside the Lowry Hotel, Manchester, on Sunday as fans protested against United's owners, the Glazer family.

Around 200 fans were said to have gathered at the hotel where the United team were staying and blocked exits to stop them travelling to Old Trafford, where more demonstrations were taking place.

In exclusive footage taken from outside the hotel, officers can be seen dragging a young male behind a police van before restraining him on the ground and telling him to "stop resisting".

One of the officers then seems to punch him more than once in his mid-section before standing and pushing away other civilians who were filming the incident.

The person filming the incident replies: "No need to touch me. I getting back."

The police officer then shouts: "Do as I say", to which the man filming responds: "I am doing as you say, no need to touch me."

Prior to the arrest a small number of fans appeared to stop a lorry in the middle of the street and the footage then shows them remonstrating with the driver, who had climbed out of the vehicle.

One eyewitness told Mirror Sport: "There was quite a heavy police presence. They pushed the protestors back onto the main road to stop them coming down to the Lowry Hotel where the players were.