Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Podolski & Giroud Abused On Twitter By Rival Fans
GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

MISFIRING Arsenal strikers Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski, with three league goals between them so far this season, were paraded on Twitter today to answer questions from fans.

Predictably, given the Gunner's current travails, among the fans asking what their favourite colours were, lurked supporters of other clubs keen to gloat at the pair's failings.

Giroud (above) copped the worst of the flak. Here are some of the toughest questions he faced:

"In the 98–99 season Heskey scored 6 goals and fell over in front of goal 456 times. Do you hope to emulate this record?" asked Ry."Why are you so shit?" asked Twitter user Danny.

"Are you an undercover agent hired by Spurs to destroy Arsenal? If so, keep up the good work!" said Benjamin Degay.

"Did you leave the French League because you were scared of Zlatan [Ibrahimovic]? He is quite good." wondered Danoftheavenue.

"Does it make you depressed that you will never be as good as Bergkamp, Henry, RVP or Chamakh?" queried Warehouse Republic.

Lukas Podolski fared little better when it was his turn to answer questions, although he was considered less of a liability than his French colleague.

"Do you think you can score more goals than Giroud if you played upfront?" asked A$ap Kony. "I think you would cause he's crap."

Other questioners were less complimentary:

"Do you want to leave yet?" wondered Michael Newborough.

"It's a fact that @arsenal have crappy goalkeepers. How does it feel to play alongside their third option?" Daniel Sant'Anna wanted to know.

"Big gunners fan but why is the team so useless at present?" demanded a supporter called Peter. "No ambition, no desire to win and terrible defending."

"Why'd you leave [former club] Köln for such a shit team?" asked George Wilson.

Ben Lennon was interested in Podolski's former employers. "How did it feel getting your boyhood club relegated last season and then leaving them?" he wondered.

Comments
GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

smh... I find "Why'd you leave [former club] Köln for such a shit team?" very harsh.

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

I gotta admit, some of those insults on Giroud did make me giggle... *cough* but no that is wrong and fans should be fined, blah, blah, racist remarks don't help with fans either, blah, blah, Suarez, Terry, Sideshow bob for teh lulz.

GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Some of the Giroud ones made me laugh also, no denying that, lol. But I do feel for the guy, and Podolski.

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Its football and fans tend to go all psycho sometimes. Footballers will have to live through it. It happened to Mikel and Walker and they both shut down their twitter. That would be the best for Giroud right now. Once he starts scoring and proving doubters he can re-open it. But if he keeps reading these insults it will just make it worse.

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Fans Logic.. They think that it is so easy to score goals.
Both Giroud Came from different leagues and of course smaller teams,They need time to adopt to their new league!
They are the same who now are critisicing Barcelona for putting for example Tello to play.They forgot that messi was also a kid when he played for first time.
Fans should understand that it looks so  easy to criticize players behind the screen of your computer telling that players should score,should pass,should play better etc .. but The reality its much more different!

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Ouch.. being a footballer is sometimes hard..

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Some people are really not all that bright or nice.

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Those very same fans are fair weather fans. As soon as Giroud or podolski do start scoring they will be there chanting their names. They have no respect. Support goes further than bashing a player. 

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

how do you know that these tweets were don by rival fans? That, I'm not convinced.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^VERY TRUE! Remember what happened when Eto'o started playing for Barca? The barca fans were daying racist comments.. .absoltuely shameful.... apparentley Eto'o was about to leave the pitch!

kenkichiotaka 11 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

Just ignore these stupid trolls,they are just stupid punks.

Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

Obviously no player deserves abuse, but I think in this day and age when the fans act how they do, they take things far too seriously, the players are asking for trouble on these social sites, especially twitter, it was only 3 weeks ago that Kyle Walker quit twitter due to the abuse he received after the Chelsea game.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

People think that it's SO EASY to come into the EPL for the first time in your career and score 50 goals right off the bat. Lay them off, man. It's not easy to be a striker. And anyway, Arsenal just got a new squad that never played together before after losing two of their best players. I'd like to see those assholes on Twitter play better than Giroud or Podolski.

MRarsenal500 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 59 741

its not like they can do better themselves... 

man_utd 11 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

Funny cuz they both scored against Fulham.