Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

pls add dutch league on home page
Sijan07 11 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 2 8

hey footyroom can you add dutch league on you home page? also it would be thrilling to watch highlights when i miss a match, without having to look at final score before watching it.. thanks

Comments
Golden 11 years ago
35 693

They replaced it with the Portuguese league due to to the small amount watching the Dutch league. Haha, you may hate me for this, but I was kind of the one who encouraged FR to add it. Didn't know they would remove Dutch though.

ChelseaRox10 11 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

@ What about the american league xD

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Why never previews for ANY Ligue 1 game? That's bad.

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Portuguese leagueee?Who watch this?
LOOOOOOOOOOOL.
If La liga is 2 teams race what we can say about Portuguese league.
Also dutch league has one of the best teams world has ever Seen.
AJAX.
Their total football will always be remembered!

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

@DonAndres,

This is exactly what I don't like about you. You tend to try to piss me off with this bullshit, and yes, I get pissed. I have a thin nerve when it comes to Portugal and their football.

So who watch it? Well, last time I checked, over 10 000 viewers were to see the big clash between Porto and Braga in the highlights here on FR. Over 4000 has watched the highlights from Sporting and Benfica. That's way more than I remember the Dutch league had.

Further, the Portuguese league is not the same as the Spanish league - AT ALL. Barcelona and Real Madrid are dominating year after year, while in Portuguese league we see teams like Porto, Benfica, Sporting and Braga fighting for the title. The points between the top three, four are always very equaled - especially compared to La Liga. The last years the title itself has mostly been about Porto and Benfica, but the big three (look up that if you want to know what that means) including Braga are always right behind.

In addition you're claiming the Portuguese league doesn't have teams that have been the best in the world? Porto won the CL in 03/04, Benfica has won the CL, they've won Super Cups, Europe league, and basically any other big trophy you can name. Porto and Benfica have always been fighters that can be counted as for instance CL winners.

End your bullshit, I'm so sick of you trying to piss me off all the time. And you always end up loosing because you know every single word you say is completely out of my league. So stop it, unless you want to get totally f*cked next time as well.

DonAndres is partially right, the only matches that people watch in Portuguese league is Braga, Porto, Benfica and Sporting. I wouldn't watch too Académica vs Nacional. It would be the same in Russian League or Holland.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@Golden if you feel so strongly about Portuguese teams why don't you support a Poruguese team? Always baffled me..

@DonAndres: Who the fuck will watch utrecht vs Arnhem? Tell me...

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

@expertfootball,

Well, then obviously people watch it. Do you see people watching games between Celta Vigo and Osasuna for instance? Not many. Just like a game between Academica and Nacional. Of course all the Portuguese teams aren't viewed by many people, but that's just the same for every other league (except EPL where bottom teams get more views than over-mediocre teams in Germany, Italy, Spain etc.).

@ramaboy,

Good question. I've thought about it. I may sound a bit like a glory hunter right now, but I feel like Real Madrid has a strong connection with Portugal. I'm very passionate about the Portuguese national team as you may know. Therefore, I started supporting Real Madrid around 2008. (Yes.. Ronaldo determined the decision to support Real Madrid instead of Man United.) You know, you have all of these Portuguese guys; Mourinho, Ronaldo, Pepe, Carvalho, Coentrão, and in addition Figo who is very close to the club.

Anyway, straight to the point: The reason why I don't support a team in Portugal is basically because of their lack of Portuguese international footballers. Look at Benfica, they usually only use one Portuguese player. Porto often use around three to four, where only one of them has got a safe place on the national team (Moutinho). I'd really like to see a change on that.

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

"Barcelona and Real Madrid are dominating year after year, while in Portuguese league we see teams like Porto, Benfica, Sporting and Braga fighting for the title"
Oh really..
Tell me more about Braga,How many times they have won the league?The answer is 0!
4 teams competing for the league title?

Last year:
Porto 75
Benfica 69
Braga 62
Sporting 59!!!

2010-2011:
Porto 84
Benfica 63!
Sporting 48
braga 46.
2009-2010 was a great season.

2008-2009:
Porto 70
Sporting 66
Benfica 59
Nacional 52. 
WHAT A COMPETENCE

"In addition you're claiming the Portuguese league doesn't have teams that have been the best in the world?"
I never said that,but still cannot compared to AJAX,try to learn something about them.Their style of playing not only the results.
Something like Barca of that time.

Ok end this shit discussion.
i say again everyone has his preferences.
And before talking about la liga remember that most teams except the 2 that we all know who we are have to face huge economical problems.
Imagine Valencia with all they stars that they sold.
Also Valencia 2000 and 2001 i think 2 consecutive times in CHL Final. both lost against Bayern and Real madrid.
End of discussion

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Golden you sir are not a true fan.. you only support a team becuase they have a few portuguese players? i cant wait to see your reaction when Mou and Ronaldo leave Real Madrid.

Don I never knew that portuguese league was so uneven lol

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

Stop saying end of discussion. Your arguments are horrible. Why don't you take forward the last results in La Liga?

2009-2010:

Barcelona 99
Real Madrid 96
Valencia 71
Sevilla 63

2010-2011:

Barcelona 96
Real Madrid 92
Valencia 71
Villareal 62

2011-2012

Real Madrid 100
Barcelona 91
Valencia 61
Malaga 58

Look at that! Barca, Real and Valencia inside the top three in each and all seasons where Barca and Real are DOMINATING. And look at the SPACES! See, La Liga isn't any better, so I can simply bring up facts as well and knock you out.

Additionally you're saying the Portuguese league has less financial problems than the Spanish? Hahaha, ridiculous. Portugal is such a small country - much smaller than Spain. You serve my arguments on a silver platter.

For the record: Imagine Porto, Benfica and Sporting with all the world class players you see today if they weren't sold! I think I now can declare the end of the discussion.

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Mate i cannot take you seriously.You have said 10000 times that you hate spain.
i dont think that Porto has Players like Ronaldo,Ozil,Alonso,Benzema,Ramos Higuain and Benfica like Messi,Xavi,Iniesta,Pique,Alves,Cesc etc in order to be so hard to compete them.
Athletic Bilbao plays since their foundation only with native players!
I think you remember what those native players did to sporting in Europa League last year.
i dont know why i continue this discussions.
Everyone knows that Portuguese league level is low.Of course that doesnt mean that it is bad to watch.each person has his own taste.
But please do not relate this with EPL,La Liga,Serie A and of Course the amazing Bundesliga.

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

It's so awkward to read what you write. Do you read my posts properly or do you just jump quickly between the lines? What I said was, and I'm going to try to put this clear enough for you to understand it: If it wasn't for Porto, Benfica and Sporting's lack of economical burden, they would've had players like those you mention (not that the difference is so enormous, they still have world class players).

The fact that you write so degrading about things that currently haven't got the biggest name on it is a sign of your poor argumentation. "Everyone knows that Portuguese league level is low", then why the hell did the Portuguese league have 6 out of 6 teams in the Champions League (3) and the Europe league (3)?

Obviously I can tell that the EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga and Serie A are on a level higher than the Portuguese, but that's not what I'm trying to point out here (where I think you totally got lost regarding the departure of this discussion); I'm trying to point out that the Portuguese league isn't the middle of nowhere as you seem to think. The level, the viewers, all of it, you're so biased about everything that wins trophies it's just tasteless.

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Golden
I say once again,that portuguese league is great and i cannot told to anyone to avoid watching it.
just dont like the fact that you attack everyone in order to defend Portugal,portuguese teams or everything related to portugal.
EVEYRONE HAS HIS OWN PREFERENCES!
end of discussion.there is no reason to continue that

CristianoRonaldo7 11 years ago
Real Madrid, Portugal 2 71

Golden stop defending portuguese football just because you like Porto.. your a madridsta bro so act like it ffs..

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Golden im sorry but if you paid attention this started because you claimed La Liga is only a two team league and you claimed that "while in Portuguese league we see teams like Porto, Benfica, Sporting and Braga fighting for the title." it clearly looks like Porto is the only with no other team having a realistic chance to get first place.

MischaCollins 11 years ago
Manchester City, Japan 4 138

I like the portuguese league as much as I like coffee...I hate coffee. Get the dutch league back and scrap away the portuguese league. I agree with everything @Don said. The dutch were innovators of their own time and the portuguese league along with its third world teams can suck it.

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

@raimondo,

Not exactly. This started because of Don's lack of respect towards, in this case, the Portuguese league.

As for MischaCollins, no comment. I laughed harder at that joke than today's episode of Family Guy. :)

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

By the way, here's the Portuguese league table from the season 2009-2010:

Benfica 76
Braga 71
Porto 68

You might wanna check again, raimondo. If it clearly looks like Porto is the only team with no others having a realistic chance to secure the 1st place, try looking at the table above. However, Porto is the proudest team of Portugal, no doubt about that.