Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Players worth#1 : Neymar.
tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

1 year later after his transfer for 224 mil euros, how much is worth Neymar right now ?

Participate to the poll but it could be nice if you give your opinion.

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Not over 250 million, thats for sure. I rate the guy and he is propably one of the best player at his position in Europe still in his prime but he can still be the most overpaid walking dolphin in the world at time.

SunFlash 6 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

He's worth over 250 mil because a team could still be tricked into buying him for what he could be. I think he's hit his ceiling, and isn't getting any better, and therefore barely worth half that amount (if that). But I don't think every top team sees it the way I do.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

He's worth over 250 mil because a team could still be tricked into buying him for what he could be. I think he's hit his ceiling, and isn't getting any better, and before barely worth half that amount (if that). But I don't think every top team sees it the way I do.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Sunflash Yeah, people should realize right now that he isn't getting that much better. I mean, he is still one heck of a player but he isn't as unplayable as some people expected him to be at this point.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Option 1. Highest potential since R7 and Messi, but this guy is the one losing the ball in the final third every game, and when he doesn’t, he’s having an amazing game. That happens about 1/10 though.

This guy is going to be a heavy part of any team in the world, but sometimes it really isn’t good for the team. The team could be desperate for a result, and he could try to do nutmeg someone instead.

To me, the whole get out of Messis shadow thing showed his actual mentality. He stepped up like crazy in 14/15, but then he hasn’t been the same. Somehow he made the latest team of the year ahead of Sanchez, even though Sanchez has been 10 times better.

Never reward laziness is my way

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Agree with Sunflash, over 250 mil for me too...
Neymar has more followers than some big clubs, the impact on TV rights, shirt and marketing sales, fan attraction is Huge and he is 24 or 25 ?
He is surely a potential BO after Messi/Ronaldo era, imo he will only get better once he matures a little and he is as influential as a Hollywood star. ( too bad he does acting even on the pitch :p )

Another parameter is that PSG does not want to sell at any cost, let alone loosing in the operation.

Madrid were willing to offer 250 mil than more after rude négociations. His World Cup tarnished his image but once he starts bagging goals and assists, with his style of play, he will be worth more.

PS : These prices are no longer the real value of a player on the pitch, now Pogba, Coutinho, Neymar and Co are more than just pitch performers and clubs know exactly how to cash on it out of the pitch with sponsors, social media and sales...

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

poor for wc, poor for psg in ucl. I don't know the exact value, but he is not worth more than hazard or bale atm. appreciate his skills but since he leaves barca, i don't know what's his plan anymore.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

For: market value and popularity: >250

For football (so far) < 150.

That makes it between 150 and 250 for me considering the current crazy market.

But I have quite some faith in his skill and his style which I consider rare these days in top flight football.. Only if he really quits his diving. then he would be 250+

EdgarEAM 6 years ago
2 241

Good analysis Tuan-jinn, i liked your analysis between market , popularity and football price.