Internazionale
FC Barcelona
AC Milan
Paris Saint-German

RECORDS

-Most expensive transfer in Swedish history
-Most expensive transfer in Barcelona
-Only player to score for 6 different clubs in the Champions League
-Has won eight-consecutive league titles (ended when Juventus won the Scudetto in 2012)

GOALS SCORED

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES

CLUB ACHIEVEMENTS

INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENTS

PERSONALITY
Ibrahimovic is known to have an over-confident, arrogant personality. He makes witty comments on how perfect he is ("I can't help but laugh at how perfect I am") and believes in himself more than anyone else does. He is seen constantly shouting orders at his team mates and demanding the ball. He is an adventurer who does things on the spot with no hesitation. His teammates have said that he has arrogance but that he also unites the squad as well (Lucas Moura and Moratti).

OFF-THE-PITCH CONTRIBUTIONS
Ibrahimovic isn't one to donate as much as Ronaldo, Drogba, Messi, etc. Rather he only does a few charitable donations every once in a while. In his historic 4-4 match with England. Zlatan donated his boots so that it may be sold and used to save childrens' lives. In his home-town he has improved the footballing facilities.

STYLE OF PLAY
Ibra is a tall yet agile forward who uses his strength and talent to contribute, whether it's by laying it off to a running teammate or turning around in an instant and shooting an unstoppable shot from long range. He likes to take risks and loves acrobatic goals.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Player Profile - Zlatan Ibrahimović

BORN
3 October, 1981
Malmö, Sweden

NICKNAMES
Ibra
Zlatanera
Ibracadabra

CLUBS
Malmö FF
AFC Ajax
Juventus FC
Internazionale
FC Barcelona
AC Milan
Paris Saint-German

RECORDS

-Has won eight-consecutive league titles (ended when Juventus won the Scudetto in 2012)

GOALS SCORED

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES

CLUB ACHIEVEMENTS

INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENTS

PERSONALITY
Ibrahimovic is known to have an over-confident, arrogant personality. He makes witty comments on how perfect he is ("I can't help but laugh at how perfect I am") and believes in himself more than anyone else does. He is seen constantly shouting orders at his team mates and demanding the ball. He is an adventurer who does things on the spot with no hesitation. His teammates have said that he has arrogance but that he also unites the squad as well (Lucas Moura and Moratti).

Ibrahimovic isn't one to donate as much as Ronaldo, Drogba, Messi, etc. Rather he only does a few charitable donations every once in a while. In his historic 4-4 match with England. Zlatan donated his boots so that it may be sold and used to save childrens' lives. In his home-town he has improved the footballing facilities.

Player Profile - Zlatan Ibrahimović

BORN
3 October, 1981
Malmö, Sweden

NICKNAMES
Ibra
Zlatanera
Ibracadabra

CLUBS
Malmö FF
AFC Ajax
Juventus FC
Internazionale
FC Barcelona
AC Milan
Paris Saint-German

RECORDS

GOALS SCORED

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES

CLUB ACHIEVEMENTS

INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENTS

PERSONALITY

STYLE OF PLAY
Ibra is a tall yet agile forward who uses his strength and talent to contribute, whether it's by laying it off to a running teammate or turning around in an instant and shooting an unstoppable shot from long range. He likes to take risks and loves acrobatic goals.

Comments
Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Sadly, I've never even heard of Kopa, Rial or Gento; I only know Puskas and Di Stefano. But if they were part of the team that won 5 CL's then they must have been special as well.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Raymond Kopa was a legendary Frenchman who won the Ballon d'Or during his time at Real Madrid. He was an exquisite play-maker.

I don't know much about Rial myself, but Gento I am familiar with. He is the Spanish equivalent of Gareth Bale. When he first watched Bale at Madrid, his family told him "Look Paco, he plays just like you!". Identical to each other. Gento and Di Stefano were also the only two in that picture who participated in all 5 of Madrid's CL wins in the 50's.

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Now you crossed the line Dynast, its Zlatan post not Di stefano...
AND GIVE THANKS TO FRANCO, to rob Di stefano from Barça and give it to his beloved Kings club...

5 CL ? No 5 europeen cups, beating Frankfurt and Stade de Reims in the final...
Barça didnt recognize the competition in the start, we were Spain champions that time and we prefered competing in other competition like Cataluna cup more important in our eyes...

Barça only joined the Europeen cup in the 5th year, in the 6th we defeated Real Madrid the first time we met in Europe.

So yes if there is a team over hyped for winning a small competition at that time, its Real Madrid.
Its like Barça in 50 years being proud of winning WC of clubs while we all know its a plastic cup very easy to win unlike the actual CL.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

.......where did this come from? I was just having a little chat with @Ven about the Galacticos. :P

tiki_taka 10 years ago

I know you cant argue about this, we both know the truth.

Vendetta 10 years ago

@tiki: Don't worry too much about. ;)

We were just having a short and friendly chat about the history of Madrid and their footballing legends. No need for a whole political/footballing debate on this thread. Although, it would be interesting to see a Barcelona/Madrid fan make a thread about the political point of view of both clubs and how it has affected their history. That would be a good debate.

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited

I tried to give a Barça view, but my comment was ignored by dynast in his player profile :)

Edit : If you are really interested in this part of Spanish History here is a good link from football-politics website, i think Barça has been erased from this era for Madridismo obsession.

http://sites.duke.edu/wcwp/research-projects/spain/franco-gets-his-man/

• History

I tried to give a Barça view, but my comment was ignored by dynast in his player profile :)

liomessi10 10 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

i don't know puskas, gento, rial or kopa. i only heard about di stefano 2 days ago.

tiki_taka 10 years ago

@v Sorry for that, yes it would be interesting to be FAIR while talking about History, its like Bayern takes the Raja Casablanca win the final of world cup of clubs as the biggest achievement of this era, how would it sound in your eyes ?

Now, i would be happy to discuss in a neutral thread as you suggested, im not against the idea.

Back to Zlatan, probably the most spectacular striker in History, his goals are historicals and his career is quite impressive.

ramaboy10 10 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Nice to see that you've read I am Zlatan

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited

^ As are Madrid biased, Mundo deportivo are Barça biased.
Give me neutral links, the History can be written in many colours but something will never change, the dictator prefered Madrid.

Di stefano played 2 friendlies with Barça.

( I made a thread specially to discuss this ) Its Zlatans thread.

• History

^ As are Madrid biased, Mundo deportivo are Barça biased.
Give me neutral links, the History can be written in many colours but something will never change, the dictator prefered Madrid.

( I made a thread specially to discuss this ) Its Zlatans thread.

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I just finished reading "I am Zlatan". Great book.

awais007 10 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

Amazing work bro. I was expecting this from you that it must be an awesome post (DARE TO ZLATAN)

Vendetta 10 years ago

@awais: Thanks. :)

@Eden17: Yeah, it's an amazing book. One of the reviews on the book summarizes it perfectly. "You feel as if you're listening to a man's story in a bar."

Emrecan_58 10 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Great post mate.
I think all football fans should read "I am Zlatan" ; and I agree about Barcelona's mistake on Ibrahimoviç.

ConnorWickham 10 years ago
Sunderland, England U21 13 45

Good Thread