Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Player Focus: Giroud
koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

So did all Arsenal fans see him hit the post in the dying minutes against Chelsea? Anyway he already has scored a goal for Arsenal against Coventry (some achievement) before missing a penalty. 

His strengths are heading, aerial ability, movement and to some extent passing
His main weakness is finishing. What good is a striker with bad finishing?

Nevertheless, I do believe we are yet to see the best in Giroud but the same could apply to other players like Chamakh and Squillaci. I'm not trying to sound pessimistic but maybe if we could have given the amount of chances to say Park Chu Young or even Carlos Vela maybe we could have had our striker situation dealt with. 

Anyway we have to harness his aerial ability to get the most of him. His movement is amazing I have to say. So forum, how would you make the best use of him if you were the manager?

Comments
DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

I think he should start against Olympiacos in the Champions league..
He cant score by playing 20 minutes a game..
He is a nice Striker..But his case is difficult because he have to replace one of the best Strikers in the world..
I Expect from him 12-15 goal this season..

man_utd 12 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

Give him time 

GunnerAFC 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

DonAndres with the perfect answer. I came in to post what he said.

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

You right koldi !! His finishing needs improvement, he is very good otherwise.

I will not be surprised if I see him in a CAM or a false 9 for the team and Podolski as we all know as the main striking force. Although its too early to say what I said.

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

He needs to start games at the moment, every striker needs confidence, reading some of the comments from Arsenal fans on the highlights against Chelsea I think a lot of people are being very harsh, not every player can join the PL and start banging in the goals straightaway, it is clear he has talent but he needs time.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

I think DonAndres is spot on. BTW, his passing is Phenomenal... just look at his assist for Arshavin last week. Clearly he is technically very good but his real weakness is his pace. Unfortunately, unlike his strike conversion, that's not something he can change much. I'd love to see him playing as the big CF with Theo as a false 9. I think that would work quite well.

Jeffrey_Hazard 12 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

his a great player,just needs time.You cant come into the premier league and make an impact straight away,he needs to start games so that he gains confidence.

awais007 12 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

i think Wenger will polished this talented boy and make him a good Finisher and expect to score more and more goals

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Podolski is much more convincing, but I think he needs to be at 100%form. Otherwise he's fine.

Keisuke 12 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

Park Chu-Young teach to Giroud how to play...

KingHenry 12 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

Thank you very much for your insight keisuke, you are so very clever.
I think giroud needs time and confidence. And Wenger is one of the best managers when it comes to help players get their confidence back.

bambhose 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Spain 0 124

he is gud,give him tym

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

It was a matter of  time.. ;)