PFA Player of the year nominations

PFA young player: Kane
PFA player of the year: Hazard

Comments
Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Eden

Your argument is all over the place.

De Gea wouldn't do any better than Courtois? Yes, because Chelsea at least has a defense. United's defense was crap for the most of the season, and De Gea got to see a lot of the ball. And he performed excellently. This is exactly why he is on equal footing with Hazard for the POTY award.

"this award is for the best player, not the player who saved his poor defenders."

• My question is: what's the difference? De Gea didn't save his defenders. He saved his team. Now you tell me how you would've liked to see a 5-0 loss against Tottenham. Because that's what Hazard did that night. He saved your team from an absolute humiliation. All three goals were caused directly by him. De Gea is the man who stops those humiliations from happening in the first place.

"So many of you are saying that it was a mistake to nominate Hazard for both, when Kane, Coutinho and De Gea have all been nominated for both. Does this mean that you know Hazard will win?"

• Again, don't paint your player in glory so easily. Coutinho shouldn't have even been nominated with Aguero's performances. Kane is the only one who deserves both nominations, and Hazard and De Gea are much too old for the YPOTY nominations. It's ridiculous and insulting to the other youngsters in the league.

My other serious question is: why isn't Matic nominated? I seriously thought he performed better than Costa throughout the season. Both of them disappeared since 2015, but Matic's form lasted longer and he was more emphatic with his performances.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Ok, De Gea saved his team from humiliation more than Hazard saved his, but how does that make De Gea a better player than Hazard. It all depends on the team you played with. I thought this was POTY. Whats the difference? The difference is that De Gea couldn't do what he did anywhere.... unlike Hazard who even playing with star attackers like Costa, Fab etc. he still made his mark. It's like voting for a guy who scores 15 goals a season in a club where he is the only attacker, over a guy who scores 14 where he faces much stiffer competition, and less time on the ball.

As for Hazard and De Gea not being young, hey I don't make the rules. If Hazard and De Gea have been nominated which they have, then they have equal right to win.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Just realized that players and managers vote for players . So , whatever you see there is their doing . Coutinho was voted by many because he is the weakest contender to win award . It is all strategy in voting . Players did not want to want for the next guy who has chance to beat their first choice or their teammate to award .

Speaking of goalkeepers . I think it is completely unfair not to mention Fraser Forster who has most clean sheets had outstanding season but I guess Southamptons defense is better than Uniteds ( sarcasm ) .

Also , Simon Mignolet who has a shi*ty defense in front of him as well , was responsible for great second half run from Liverpool .

Or Joe Hart . Whoever stops Messi and co from scoring so many chances is Aces in my book .

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Eden

" The difference is that De Gea couldn't do what he did anywhere.... unlike Hazard who even playing with star attackers like Costa, Fab etc. he still made his mark."

• What is that even supposed to mean? De Gea still performs to an extremely high level. His form has not dropped.

"Ok, De Gea saved his team from humiliation more than Hazard saved his, but how does that make De Gea a better player than Hazard. "

• Again, you provide absolutely no arguments for Hazard. You're just stating, "*Hazard is better than De Gea and that's why he should win POTY". Please provide some arguments* to back yourself up rather than being repetitive.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

What do you have to say Dyn....

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Hazard is amazing, absolutely. He can win PFA any day for some people... But so does De Gea.

Your stats used in this case is just like comparing Pear and Apple... or Car and Camera...

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Eden

What I have to say is that you are quite laughable. You have yet to present an argument to me. Those statistics aren't even worth looking at for the simple fact that Mignolet is shown as being better than De Gea.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I think there should be no discussion . Hazard is by far most deserving candidate . De Gea is fantastic player for United , but Hazard is the guy who wins us titles . As I said this weekend he will prove why and he did . He will till the last day .

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Well what did you see today, when De Gea came up against the best player in the league he had absolutely no chance, and couldn't save his team, unlike Hazard.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

PFA young player winner : Kane
PFA player of the year winner : Hazard

mladen 9 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

@Eden17 by your logic Mirallas is better than De Gea ? Ok... Anyway congrats to Hazard! Deserved. Kane is the biggest surprise without any doubt !

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

Hazard deserved it. He is why any neutral fan would choose to watch Chelsea play football, as he is their only entertaining spark.

Emrecan_58 9 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Congratulations to Kane and Hazard.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Congrats Hazard!