Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Perspective...
tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Just like the title, a general thread wich could take any direction, the thread himself is off topic.

Its about our vision on Football, do we see it as a simple fans, stadium fans with the feeling to be United with other fans from the same club to support, chant, drink, enjoy... With the subjectivity, the love of the players....

TV fans or FIFA/pes fans, buzz, potential, ratings, watching a good game at home or in a pub, alone or with friends, banter, egoes, History.

Football amator, being part of an amator club, Football is a dream he could have participated if he got the talent or the luck, look more to players décisions as if he was a player than the usual stadium fan reaction. Make himself in the place of the player being part of a dressing room knowing How human football can be, How a teammate after being a nightlife could underperform or How a good friendship could be seen on the pitch. Always putting yourself in the players place as if it was you.

The place of the manager, you support a team, but not like an ultra. You know everything about your club And the 23 players, you are interested on tactics wich you apply wich not, what could be good. No special feelings toward the players like a real Life coach, you would want to bench a legend if he is not good anymore, you are interested in tactics And How things are rulled rather than each player ego or the support or love a normal stadium fan could have.

Sportive director, maybe we are all this in teansfer market it when a coach is underperforming, but some doesnt really care of support, of tactics, looks only How off pitch is managed I know only one friend like this he is a madridista And his god is Perez, he is a financial so im not really surprised And aside supporting Madrid we are good friends, we just dont watch football toghether lol.

Well if you Ask me whats the point of this thread, there is no point. Just to know How we look at things, How others try to see things, How we live our passion, our addiction as my mother used to say lol, its another perspective for a non Football fan our forum is a place of addicts. Passion And addiction are very close définitions.

Me : there is a part of mê who is always in the stadium or TV fan category, a little less now because once you put yourself in the place of à player or à manager you are less in subjectivity but you are entitled to the fact you are just a fan. Im 27 yo, maybe I experienced all these even the analyst wich I didnt mention but he is not really a fan, he just explain what a coach is doing or should do.
I supported blindly while I was a youngster, when I had a chance to break through I started to see Football as a job, with the financial aspect, the competition.... Then with the age I turned into a manager/coach vision, less explicit but still the same passion for the team of my childhood...

Actually since I didnt choose any vision because I mix all of them I wont Ask you to choose, but just to share your vision on Football, How you see it, which aspects do you prefer, did the forum helped you to be more objective, wich part of being a fan you like....

Comments
SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I can slide between analyst and fan perspectives almost seamlessly. My fan experience is different though, I'm nearly always alone when I watch games, so I don't show a ton of emotional response when my team scores. It's all very muted, calculated. I tend to get that way with any sport I know the specifics of too well, I'm just a very analytical person.

That's why I enjoy the Olympics and other sports I don't normally watch, such as hockey. Since I don't know much of anything about the technical aspects of the sport, it isn't possible for me to drop into the quiet analytical viewpoint I do for sports I know the ins and outs of, such as American football and soccer.

Pretty boring, but what can I say? That''s how it is for me.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

Well, in my case, I feel a bit less like a analyst (for I don't know that much about strategy and thing as such) and less like a fan (cause I don't really support a team) and more like a scholar of sort. Football is just so interesting, everyday I learn new thing about it and those thing in turn teach me more about the world itself. I never was very interested in geography and history so I learned quite a few thing about certain country thanks to football. Like for exemple this situation with the Catalan in spain. Anyway, what I love the most about football is discovering new player and new team I didn't knew much about, seeing history involve right in front of me, all the banter and ridiculous surounding it, it all so great and interesting for me. But the one thing I think is best about loving football is sharing that affection of the sport with other people wanting to learn more about it because of it.

saatvik102 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, India 8 89

How I watch games is pretty much similar to what Sunflash said, but with the exception that when I'm watching United games I go right into the fanboy personality, and scream on the top of my lungs whenever we score. All analysis and strategy is for later.

Most of my friend circle don't watch football, and the ones who do are almost all of the casual fan type, and they don't care much about analysis and stats and strategy. They care more about players and results. I think both being an analyst and fan has its own excitement.

And also, exactly like Sunflash said, I love watching Olympics and other sports which don't happen regularly and I don't know much about. I love the feeling when in Olympics in diving or gymnastics I would be very impressed with a dive or a vault and the commentator would say that the dive was horrible or that he could have done better.

Great thread.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

test

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I get insanely emotional when watching Real Madrid play. When Gareth Bale missed a header against Juventus in the second leg and potentially cost us a trip to the final, I punched a hole through my closet door. Whenever a Real Madrid player scores I jump up or scream. I'm quite passionate about my team and I love the players and the managers (almost all of them). It genuinely hurts to see good players leave the club (aka Kaka, Alonso, Ozil, di Maria, Higuain). I can, however, look at tactics in a completely emotionless point of view. If I was the manager, I would use the players most suited to each game and forget their reputation or ego. I would be a Diego Simeone kind of manager. Alas I am still a fan, so I can get away with being an emotional baby when watching Real play.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

Man, this a great thread, really nice to see how people enjoy football in different manner, its great sharing all those thing with you guys. :D

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

@dynastian what happened after you broke the closet door? What did you mum or girlfriend do?

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Im mostly like Emobot I am not an analyst not as good at tactical thing as Tiki, Dynastian, or Sunflash are, but I am passionate about Barcelona and I do go crazy shouting and cheering when we score an important goal or go to bed in tears when Argentina lose the World cup final or Barca get knocked out of the champions League. And I'm good at geography solely because of football.

And football is about 80% of my life I can't go a day not knowing what has been going on in football or go more than 2 weeks without playing. And I tak playing pretty seriously because I still have that hope of playing one day... even if it's for a random FL 2 team.

I honestly do not know where I would be without football. And I don't know where I would be without this forum either. I only have 2 friends who share the same passion about football as me and 4 uncles (I think Liverpool and Barca fans are just more passionate), so yeah I just don't know how I was living a few years back without this forum.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@liomessi That is heartening to hear lad, never forget that you are alway welcome on footyroom no matter what happen. :)