Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Pep Guordiola to Stamford Bridge
awais007 11 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea is dream job for Guardiola as Pep is attracted by new style at the Bridge

Pep Guardiola wants to be the next manager of Chelsea.

The former Barcelona boss plans to return to the game next summer and has made it clear to friends he sees his future at Stamford Bridge.

After winning three La Liga titles and two European Cups in four seasons at the Nou Camp, Guardiola, 41, quit this year and is in New York on a sabbatical with his family.

When he announced he was taking a year off he was sounded out by Chelsea about taking over but he rejected the club's approaches.

Roberto Di Matteo was made to wait more than three weeks after Chelsea's Champions League final win last May before being appointed full-time manager on a two-year deal.

Chelsea, overtaken at the top of the Barclays Premier League by Manchester United on Saturday, are struggling in the defence of their European title and play Shakhtar Donetsk, who beat them a fortnight ago in the Ukraine, at home on Wednesday.

After his success in Spain - he had a staggering 72 per cent win record in La Liga - Guardiola could have the pick of Europe's top clubs but has made it known to his close circle of advisers that Chelsea is his preferred choice.

There has been a noticeable shift in the type of player Chelsea are signing. Juan Mata, who signed in summer 2011, along with this season's recruits Eden Hazard and Brazilian midfielder Oscar, have all been schooled to play a certain way.

That has attracted Guardiola and there is pressure on owner Roman Abramovich as he considers his long-term plans for the club.

Guardiola is credited with the evolution of Frank Rijkaard's 2006 Champions League-winning team and took Barcelona to another level when they beat Manchester United in the final at Wembley in 2011.

Lionel Messi thrived under him while Xavi and Andres Iniesta, both substitutes in the 2006 final against Arsenal, are now regarded as the two best midfielders in the world.

Although Manchester City are monitoring Guardiola's position, the champions are committed to Roberto Mancini.

But that loyalty will be tested if they go out of the Champions League at the group stage for the second successive season.

Mancini's relationship with his players is once again fractured, and he is demanding a response against Ajax on Tuesday.

City's new chief executive Ferran Soriano and director of football Txiki Begiristain were at Barcelona during the glory years.

Some Realated Links

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2227857/Chelsea-dream-job-Pep-Guardiola.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9655638/Chelsea-deny-making-contact-with-Pep-Guardiola-over-managers-job-as-Roberto-Di-Matteo-prepares-for-Shakhtar.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/05/football-transfer-rumours-neymar

Comments
man_utd 11 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

I thought ferguson met with him in new York....

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Doubt it will happen. Why would he go to a club that just humiliated his former one? Maybe he's helping barca... :D

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

He's linked with Bayern Munich too. Only time will tell. 

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Never.. His philosophy doesnt suit at Chelsea..
Just Like AVB.. English teams have different style of playing.. especially Chelsea! 
Probably Bayern.. And Maybe Manchester United! but i think he will never go to chelsea..

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

very unlikely,would love to see mourinho back though

MessiDona 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

false.... thats like saying ferguson is going to be the new coach of real madrid...

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Guardiola is not a retard. If he wants to go to a team in the EPL, which he has made clear he does, he will almost indefinitely go to Manchester United. Man U has a LOT of class players, and their attitude towards football and their playing style is almost exactly as what Guardiola adapted at Barcelona. He also has been a long-time admirer of SAF and has spoken with him multiple times about taking over the team.

United_Hates_Blues 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

Chelsea fans WHY NO JUST DIE SLOWLY. 

You*

We need an edit button footyroom :@. 

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

If he wanted to go to Chelsea or any other club, he would give a speech. All of these are pure speculations.

ChelseaRox10 11 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

Awais stop thumbing yourself up

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

@U_H_B: 

Thanks, Pal!

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

@DonAndres: I agree. I trust in Di Matteo or Mourinho because you can't trust Pep with an English team. But when you say Bayern Munich or ManUtd (ENGLISH)...

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

TrollMan I said man utd because he has a good relationship with SAF..

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

I can understand what you mean, but by no means will ManUtd just accept Pep like he has been with the team for 20 years like SAF. Maybe when SAF steps down then yeah, but I'm sure Pep will find another team before that happens. I would like to see him in Bayern or Inter (YES THEY CAN FIT IN WITH HIM). Also, ManUtd rely on counterattacks most of the time and I'm sure that doesn't fit with Pep's style...

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

He would fit in fit in well to Dortmund or something.

guatemala_10 11 years ago
Barcelona, Guatemala 1 4

Just thought I'd share this video w/ you guys. It gave me goosebumps by just watching it.
Pep was wonderful, & one question, Do you guys think he will ever return to Barca again? Because I would love it if he did!

My pleasure trollman. 

Quite frankly the only two managers that can take the Man United job when SAF retires are Jose and Pep.