Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ozil situation, possible move?
tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

What's your thought on his whole situation in the last 2 years?

One of the best player makers in the last years IMO, but have failed to shine when it matters recently.

His off the fields problem partially due to some unnecessary political noises is even more raised eyebrows, Im not going to that controversial craps but I do believe it distracted him. Arsenal was the home and place of love for him when time is hard, but he's no longer in their plan of the current manager. :(

And those in charge at the Emirates understand that the manager has lost faith in his playmaker and wants him out before the end of the month

Now that's just rumor, but it seems not far from the truth, Unai Emery hasn't included him in recent games and in his tactical choice (where attack should be built around creative mid).

enter image description here

It's sad.

Comments
quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Just sell him.. lighten our wage bill.. sell him to milan maybe..

who will pay his wages? no one is dumb enough to give such a lazy player 350k/week, oh wait.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

enter image description here

Image says it all. A lazy stubborn overpaid player that lacks consistency and does not show any effort most of the times.

I would take any playmaker with half his vision if he actually gave his heart. Emery is completely right for freezing him out, they should sell him to any club that wants him and make them their problem rather than paying 350k the week. I find it really sad that such a player managed to bring himself into this situation.

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I have seen Mertesacker run faster to Ozil that day then ever on the pitch lol.

I don't agree though, you won't do much with him when he isn't playing. Ozil is WC, i don't care what anyone says. There are players that have regressed under Emery, like Miki, Ozil. Litchsteiner and Welbeck. Some have improved like Iwobi, Torreira, Guendouzi and Bellerin. However, Ozil is still WC. Selling him is fine, I want another player like him to replace him. Also, buy before sell, I don't trust this club.

Some names I'm looking at is Rodriguez, Isco, Coutinho and Dybala. Tbh though I only think Coutinho is the upgrade here. The other 3 are younger though. Dybala is straight up impossible, Isco is gonna be expensive, I don't see why Coutinho/Rodruguez would wanna come here. Keeping Ozil is our best move imo. I like Emery but his man management is questionable.

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

True, losing ozil and ramsey at the same time would be really poor on the management part

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

players that have regressed under Emery, like Miki, Ozil. Litchsteiner and Welbeck.

I'd say Mkhi never really shown his top form, however his workrate is amazing, despite being totally without confidence.
Ozil, is same, was absolutely world class against Leicester, then back to his missing days.
Lichtensteiner is too old for EPL, you can't expect 35 year old to keep up with likes of Salah.
Welbeck was amazing when he played, however the injuries ruined his days at Arsenal...

Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Hot take, but if I was in charge of Arsenal...

The team would be built around these four: Ozil as the main creator passing the ball and getting it back as much as possible, Ramsey playing box-to-box, while Auba and Lacazette bang in goals.

I obviously don't watch Arsenal week in week out and I get that Arsenal fans grow frustrated over Ozil and Ramsey like us Chelsea fans do with Willian and Alonso, but by losing Ozil and Ramsey, that's a lot of talent going down the drain, Ozil especially.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@Eden17 Losing both of those could hurt big time for Arsenal, especially if they got no one to replace them. Sure, there Mkhi but I feel like he is a bit too inconsistent and just not lethal enough when compared to the other too.

Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Unai might've heard me :P

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

The team would be built around these four: Ozil as the main creator passing the ball and getting it back as much as possible, Ramsey playing box-to-box, while Auba and Lacazette bang in goals.

We did this a lot earlier in the season, but it didn't work because Ozil and Aubameyang were being played out wide. We won games, but there wasn't any fluidity in our game. Lately though, he been playing these 4 ( in their actual positions), and it's been amazing! He's been listening!

I really like Emery's rotations, honestly the balance in his rotations are perfect. The Ozil thing could have been handled better, but as long as it's all good, I'm happy.