Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ozil removed from Fifa and Pes games in China
Golefty 4 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

After Ozils comments on the treatment of Uyghur Muslims in China, the government pulled the Arsenal-Man city game from all television channels

I am going to copy and paste instead of paraphrasing

They have gone further to remove him from various games in China, including FIFA Online and Pro Evolution Soccer 2020 Mobile.

NetEase, the company behind PES, released a statement (via ​The Independent) in which they blasted Özil for his message and suggested that he would never be restored to the games in China.

“The German player Özil posted an extreme statement about China on social media," they wrote. "The speech hurt the feelings of Chinese fans and violated the sport's spirit of love and peace. We do not understand, accept or forgive this!”

The Arsenal man's comments have divided opinion in football. Many have suggested that the German should not be getting involved in the situation, while others have praised the German for using his platform to draw attention to the horrific allegations against China.

However, while Arsenal may not have supported Özil, German side FC Köln have backed him and decided to end their academy relationship with China. Former board member Stefan Müller-Römer told ​Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger that the decision could relate to human rights issues.

What do you guys think about Ozil's comments? Do you think Pro Athletes should avoid commenting on Political Issues( you could argue this is a humanitarian issue and not political) or do you think Pro Athletes should use there Platform to speak for those who are silenced.

• IMO
    I think its absolutely bat shit crazy that they would remove him from their Games, i think the whole world is turning a blind eye because China has the world by the balls economically, I think Ozil was correct to do what he did and there should be an international boycott on Chinese products, and Players should leave China. I also have my bias being from the West.

What are your guys thoughts!

https://www.90min.com/posts/6520654-mesut-ozil-deleted-from-video-games-in-china-after-uighur-muslim-comments/partners/45303

Comments
expertfootball11 4 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Chinese tyranny in action

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

When people always b*tch about american hegemony in the world, I always say that it is better to be a democratic country that has more morals than communist to the bond country like China. It is a communist state that believes in achieving goals at all costs as longest end result will satisfy the means. That is why they are so prone to tyranny, total control of population and brainwashing to a new levels that even Soviet Union never dared to do. Chinese don’t give a shit about their own, and I doubt they do about Uyghurs or anyone in the world. I support Ozils comments and I support Hong Kong people.

They are loosing power and when government is loosing power they come up with More crazy laws to hold on it. Confident government wouldn’t go off comments from one sports player.

FYi Xinjing territory was conquered in 20th century just let you all know, and that is why it has special republic like rights. China’s country is composed of states and it isn’t as united as one may think from outside. They have different states with history of civil violence going back centuries ago.

Ledley 4 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

I support Ozil. He's just saying what everyone else has been thinking.

Greatone 4 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

Their game plan is and has been for a while: damage control. Eliminate the evidence and with a billion people, if only a few million saw what Ozil said then it will be easy to be forgotten. They don't need to worry about the rest of the world forgetting because of their incredible efforts at internal propaganda

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

China have an history of sensoring people who speak out about them and the way they do it, is just dumb and make it more obvious how right the people who speak against them are.

There been a similar incident where the winner of a gaming tournament got robbed of his win because he talked about he supported independance for Hong Kong.

China are dumb man, making a scene is the best way to draw more people attention at what they are doing and also prove that they got something to reproach themselve.